Good deal for subs? Plase ReaD wut to get? - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Good deal for subs? Plase ReaD wut to get?
Tuesday, April 12, 2005 11:04 AM
hey i dont know much about subs ect.. but i have about 300.00 to spend ill probably buy something on ebay i found these 2 12' kicker comps with a 1500 watt amp but the amp isnt a brand ive ever heard wut would be the best bang for the buck? with the price around 300.00? heres a link to the kickers any suggestions would be apperciated thanx
also i would assume the 800watt kenwood amp would be better then a 1500 watt no name brand?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=39777&item=5763359517&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=39777&item=5763359508&rd=1

Re: Good deal for subs? Plase ReaD wut to get?
Tuesday, April 12, 2005 12:01 PM
me my self wouldn't buy any car audio off ebay. My opinion is to save your money and buy something new. Those are baseline Kicker subs that are at least 2 years old. The amps aren't that great either. That just what I say though.

Tuesday, April 12, 2005 12:23 PM
i had (blew them due to my idiotcy, and am replacing soon with another set of comp vrs) 2 12" kicker comp vrs in my cav with a 600 watt kicker amp

wow. all the bass u need unless u compete, i think 1500 or 1200 or even 800 watts would be painful with these woofers

kicker is not bad AT ALL, no name brand like soundxtreme is a little iffy

*** just noticed that these are the comps, not comp vrs... just a lower model, less power handling me thinks...

personally id look for VRs if u want cheap bang

Tuesday, April 12, 2005 12:34 PM
I got two Alpine Type Es with a 1000 peak profile amp for about 250 and ive heard they hit pretty hard, havent hooked em up yet tho

Help me out over on redline forums, i need it...my s/n is atf1987 if it asks
Tuesday, April 12, 2005 3:42 PM
how much are you looking to spend and ill give u some ides on some subs and a amp. also what type of music do u listen to?

Tuesday, April 12, 2005 6:21 PM
i listen to mostly rap.. lol just because its on ebay doesnt mean @!#$.. its still brand new look at my car wuts wrong with it... i got the body kit off ebay BRAND NEW the konig wheels off ebay BRAND NEW racing seats.. carpet everrything..lol ive never had one bad experierence.. anyway i have around 300.00 i just got one of these dual cd players with the 2.5'' lcd and there selling for around 300.00 on ebay so im going to sell that and put it towards subs i already have the 4 gauge RF wiring i had 2 10's before but for jacked i have a piece of @!#$ 12'' ss autotek with a volfenhagen 700watt amp or something i want 2 12's because it wont move around in my trunk as much (too lazy to bolt it down) and just is better overall i have a 600watt RF amp.. punk201s... and a 700watt volfenhagen or some@!#$ amp too.. if i could use either it would be great.

My friend had a focus with 2 12' Kicker comp's with a whack 600watt eclipse amp and it hit good to me would be great if i could use an amp i alredy have if not i was thinking bout getting the ebay set of 2 kicker comps in a box with the 1500 watt amp or w/e.. this one..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=39777&item=5763359508&rd=1

wut do ya think? should i go with comp VR's? but then i would need a more expensive amp all adding up to more money trying to keep it under 300

Tuesday, April 12, 2005 7:31 PM
PUNCH 201S my bad... will it push the 2 kicker comps?

Tuesday, April 12, 2005 7:56 PM
The Kicker Comp's are decent entry level speakers. They are good for what they are made for. I put two of those in my girl's car and they gave her exactly what she needed, a little bass to go with the highs. The Kicker CompVR's are very nice. Not the best subs in the world but they hold up very nicely and sound good for the money. I have 3 CompVr 12's dual 4-ohm running off a Directed 1500d @ .67ohms. Hits hard, hard enough to give me a back massage while driving down the interstate with all windows open.They have been hooked up like that for about a year now and I haven't had a problem yet. I will actually be looking to sell my subs and maybe the amp too. I will be switching to a Treo Engineering setup in june. Not sure if I want to keep the current setup just because.
Wednesday, April 13, 2005 4:16 PM
Got a pair of X-Site subs off ebay (blue cone black surround) for 50 dollars. 12" 1000Watts rms each. I have put over 750 Watts rms a piece from a fosgate amp on them and they haven't blown. Now I am just running them from a tsunami 1000w rms amp and they rattles are bad enough. IF you know what you are lookin for, and you dont mind sending a few things back to get what you want, ebay can be an excellent resource. Oh yeah, btw everything I bought for my audio system was off of ebay.

Sdizzle

R.I.P. Kasey N. Burleson

Thursday, April 14, 2005 9:04 AM
if your on a budget why get two low end subs? just buy 1 12" decent level and youlel likely have just as much bass.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Thursday, April 14, 2005 9:06 AM
sndsgood wrote:if your on a budget why get two low end subs? just buy 1 12" decent level and youlel likely have just as much bass.

exactly what I was going to say

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search