RSM Racing are Thieves. - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
RSM Racing are Thieves.
Wednesday, March 01, 2006 5:40 AM
I just wanted to ensure everyone knew how they're running their business so they can take it into account when deciding who to deal with.

A while back, while Craig was still working there, they sponsored BORGS' car and installed their blower kit on it.

When it came time to do the installation, they found that in order to remove the GM supercharger kit, they needed a bunch of odds and ends like the PCV baffle, that are removed when the GM kit is installed.

Knowing that I had those parts in my garage and being on a tight schedule, Craig called me and asked if they could borrow them. I was happy to oblige on the understanding that they'd either be replaced or I'd be otherwise compensated for them.

Craig assures me, and I trust him, that he talked with someone named Nelson there and that this was agreed on.

Later last year, Craig and RSM parted ways and I never got anything for my efforts.

Last week I figured I'd clear the matter up and sent an email to RSM asking what sort of compensation they might offer for my parts. I figured they might throw me a bone of some sort for helping them out.

From that, I got a reply from Zsolt saying it was all news to them and that I should contact Craig. Of course, with Craig not working at RSM anymore, I don't see what sort of help they'd expect me to get from him.

From there, a few emails went back and forth where I've asked them to either Call Craig or check with the people that did the install to confirm that I'm telling the truth. They're telling me that because there is no paperwork, that there is no deal and don't seem to have any interest in looking into it.

I contacted Craig again and he assures me that another guy, Nelson, should know full well what I'm talking about. Looking at the emails I was getting from Zsolt, I see that Nelson was cc'd on them. I can only assume that they've decided that because there's no written record they can blow me off and go on their merry way. Well I suppose they're right. There's no recourse for me but I wanted to ensure everyone here knows what they're like.

This whole thing is over probably less than $50 worth of parts but I don't at all like being taken advantage of.

Re: RSM Racing are Thieves.
Wednesday, March 01, 2006 6:08 AM
That'll teach you to try and be a nice guy !

Damn Kevin that sucks man !

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 6:21 AM
That sucks..

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Wednesday, March 01, 2006 6:56 AM
They should have drawn out a contract of some sort, and you shouldn't have done that without one. That sucks man, and I hope you get this resolved.

Concept Motorsports (website under construction)
thomas@conceptmotorsports.net
Life in the fast lane!
Saab Turbo Project... 2006
Wednesday, March 01, 2006 7:11 AM
Sucks...you learn from situations like this though.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 7:40 AM
Sasuke wrote:They should have drawn out a contract of some sort, and you shouldn't have done that without one. That sucks man, and I hope you get this resolved.

For such a small amount? In such a hurry?

Basically, I did them a favour and they're spitting on me for it. Lesson learned.

It doesn't stop me from being a nice guy. What goes around comes around. Karma's a bitch.

If they can feel good about themselves for screwing me out of such a pittance, then so be it. But if just one person reads this and decides not to deal with them, they will have lost more than they gained so I won't feel so used.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 7:40 AM
if you need the plastic piece that is bolted to the block that has the 2 hoses , let me know

ill get it off the block i just gave to dave

what ever i got that you need , just let me know

i had a feeling some bad things were gonna come from craig leaving rsm , sucks that you got the short end stick

this is a post ive never expected to see from you

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 7:43 AM
now my question is, if it was borg's car, and it was borg's gm s/c (unless it wasn't his), they why dont you ask borgs for your parts?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
- Sold my beloved J in April 2010 -
Wednesday, March 01, 2006 7:45 AM
[quote=97cavie24ls(JDM&00s/c sedans™)]this is a post ive never expected to see from you

Yeah, it's not the sort of thing I'd do lightly. I just really didn't like the patronizing tone of the emails I got from them. It's like they're making me out to be some sort of extortionist or something.

I don't currently need any of the parts and probably never will. I said in my email to them that I was open to either having the parts replaced directly or being reimbursed from their catalogue. It's easier for them to give me an engine mount or pulley or something rather than getting their hands on the parts themselves.

The only time I'd need the parts would be if I removed the blower, which I won't likely ever do.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 7:46 AM
Viper98912 wrote:now my question is, if it was borg's car, and it was borg's gm s/c (unless it wasn't his), they why dont you ask borgs for your parts?

I didn't give my parts to BORGS. There's no reason why he'd be responsible in any way for them.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 8:14 AM
Certain individuals from that company have been less than honest with customers for a very long time. Craig is an upstanding fellow himself and strived to make customers satisfied (my buddy met Craig at the T.O autoshow last year and referred him to me). Sucks to see that RSM hasn't been taught a lesson but they will learn in time.

Sorry to see that they wouldn't make things right with you WW.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 8:20 AM
if you need or want it let me know , ill just send you what i got

no charge , unless its a heavy box , lol

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 8:40 AM
Sorry to hear Kev, I wasn't aware that you were never compisated for the parts used
when they installed the Vortech Blower. I don't know what else to say ?

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 8:52 AM
BORGS wrote:Sorry to hear Kev, I wasn't aware that you were never compisated for the parts used
when they installed the Vortech Blower. I don't know what else to say ?

Like I said above... this has absolutely nothing to do with you.

Of course, if you happen to talk to either Zsolt or Nelson there sometime, feel free to mention that you know about the fact that they used my parts even though they seem to have conveniently forgotten.

The least they could have done was to call you to attempt to confirm that I wasn't making it all up.

Of course, that would imply that they actually thought I was making it up in the first place. My impression from their responses to me is that they know they took my stuff and just don't want to do anything about it.

I don't know what happened between them and Craig but I know Craig isn't in contact with them. If there's bad blood there, maybe they figured that since I'm a friend of Craig's, they should screw me over or something.

That's all just speculation though. The fact is that they know they used my stuff, you know they used my stuff, and I know they used my stuff and that they are now denying it ever happened. Thieves.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 9:04 AM
I would have documented everything, the deal, what Craig said, what RSM says, everything. Just to avoid crap like that. Yep.. we live in those type of times now, unfortunately with out documentation you ain't got squat.

I will tell you this though I was looking at their price on a tb and magically their price jumped like $180 over night for the same unit.
Ya they seem to be a shady company.
Good luck with this bs!

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 9:12 AM
good luck.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 9:21 AM
i wont be ordering from them

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 9:35 AM
I won't be ordering from them either.
Wednesday, March 01, 2006 10:03 AM
Sorry to hear about it man, maybe it'll all turn around on them one day. Like you said, karma's a bitch.

Blown.
Wednesday, March 01, 2006 10:31 AM

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 10:33 AM
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:I would have documented everything, the deal, what Craig said, what RSM says, everything. Just to avoid crap like that. Yep.. we live in those type of times now, unfortunately with out documentation you ain't got squat.

As mentioned... the stuff probably isn't worth more than $50 or so. It wasn't a big deal. I was bailing them out in a bind because it was the nice thing to do. If it was hundreds of dollars then yes, I would have documented it or ensured it was concluded right away. As it was, since it was small potatoes, I didn't really care. I only brought it up now because, with Craig not there, I didn't want it to be forgotten. I never thought they'd flat-out deny it ever happened though!

Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:
I will tell you this though I was looking at their price on a tb and magically their price jumped like $180 over night for the same unit.
Ya they seem to be a shady company.

Not only that, but you'll notice that they ask for your credit card number and security code on their non-secured website. That's just asking for trouble!

But that's all besides the point. I don't expect gear-heads to understand Internet security. I just expect a certain amount of gratitude for what I did for them and a certain amount of respect in the way it was handled. I got neither, and this thread is the result.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 10:35 AM
Hey WW can I have your CC # ? P L E A S E !!

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 10:43 AM
I have always hated rsm.

I was going to order something from them a long time ago. I called and they had the part in stock, I said ok. The guy on the told me some information about the part and took my credit card number.

I called back less than 5 minutes later becausethe info he gave me was incorrect. I asked to cancel my order and he said to do that he would have to charge a 15% restocking fee.

a restocking fee on something that could not have been processed yet. I gave him an ear full and asked to be transfered a few times until I found the manager or owner who finally agreed to reverse the transaction.

bah.

"Growing old is mandatory. Growing up? Definitely optional."
Wednesday, March 01, 2006 10:46 AM
/\ /\ /\ I would have just called my CC companey and had it reversed from their end.

These guys sound like ass hats !

Wait..... does RSM stand from Really Suckass Motorsports ? Because its sounding more and more like it probly does.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 11:17 AM
I know 2 people... on the org that got royally screwed by rsm ........

Chris (sunfighter gt) and Slava (mr sparkle), they were BOTH sold ecotec getrag stage 3 spec clutches for there izuzu trannies, and they were BOTH screwed when RSM found out about this, they offered NO compensation. Chris had to get ANOTHER fidenza flywheel, and pay for labor to install the NEW clutch.

I got screwed by them ROYALLY too................. I'm sure most of you have seen the posts about what they did to me ..................... $2200.00 later............ they let me have my car back.

$700.00 for z24 injectors installed ?????? ??????? they told me that they were 330cc injectors, I flow bench them, they are 252cc injectors or 24# injectors..... HORRIBLE HORRIBLE COMPANY.... and YES KARMA IS A HUGE BITCH................... they will get what is coming to them one day.

Lee

JDM Civic Hatch
14.224 @ 102.01MPH @ 5.5psi.... 2.3 60'
Next: Civic JDM B16a2 w/GSR LSD Turbo - Goal 300whp 1400lbs...
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search