For you Boosted Js out there over 1 Bar - Page 2 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: For you Boosted Js out there over 1 Bar
Saturday, March 11, 2006 12:01 PM
I dont think we'll have a problem with the OS for HP tuners......

The MAP sensor assigns a Voltage value to the pressure in the Manifold (0-5v). If you know the break down of the values, you can tune for it. The stock ECM and MAP are set up for the for N/A pressure levels....... A 2 bar MAP and GM Reflash are setup for pressure levels up to 14.7psi.... anything over that is still interperated as 14.7psi (by both the MAP and ECM). In this case, you can put in a 3 bar MAP, but now the ECM still thinks the Voltage levels are 2 bar levels. You need to go in and manualy change the values...... IE change the stock/fuel maps for increased air flow. HP-Tuners software should allow us to do this. The only thing the 2-bar OS will do is already set up that Pressure vs. Voltage table for us. I am yet unsure if HP-Tuners will allow us to manipulate that part ourselves, or if we will just have to adj. the fuel/spark MAPS.

BUT I could be a complete idiot, and have it all wrong...... its been known to happen......

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Saturday, March 11, 2006 12:17 PM
wow after reading that speedracr...im lost...lol..hows that intake manifold comming along? (i am also Soberup544)
Saturday, March 11, 2006 4:40 PM
SpeedRacerZ wrote:I dont think we'll have a problem with the OS for HP tuners......

The MAP sensor assigns a Voltage value to the pressure in the Manifold (0-5v). If you know the break down of the values, you can tune for it. The stock ECM and MAP are set up for the for N/A pressure levels....... A 2 bar MAP and GM Reflash are setup for pressure levels up to 14.7psi.... anything over that is still interperated as 14.7psi (by both the MAP and ECM). In this case, you can put in a 3 bar MAP, but now the ECM still thinks the Voltage levels are 2 bar levels. You need to go in and manualy change the values...... IE change the stock/fuel maps for increased air flow. HP-Tuners software should allow us to do this. The only thing the 2-bar OS will do is already set up that Pressure vs. Voltage table for us. I am yet unsure if HP-Tuners will allow us to manipulate that part ourselves, or if we will just have to adj. the fuel/spark MAPS.

BUT I could be a complete idiot, and have it all wrong...... its been known to happen......

So you're saying with the SC Reflash and the 2 bar sensor, the ECM would not be able to give fuel for anything over 14.7 psi no matter how much boost the motor was actually making? That makes sense. We'll probably just go megasquirt or figure out how to change those values.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Sunday, March 12, 2006 2:42 AM
im listening
Sunday, March 12, 2006 10:15 AM
Thats pretty much what I'm saying. Think of it this way........ the MAP has a 5v. signal going into it from the PCM...... on any MAP the most Voltage the MAP can send back to the PCM is the full 5v..... so if the MAP is only rated to 14.7psi, its going to top out that 5v, and the PCM knows that 5v = 14.7psi......

But if you are able to change that Volt vs PSI table.... make 5v = 22psi..... and use a 3bar MAP..... it should work fine (since thats what you do to make a 1bar = 2 bar system)

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Monday, March 13, 2006 12:26 PM
^^ Good info buddy! ^^
Wednesday, March 15, 2006 3:28 PM
direct port extra injector system with a turbo specialties controller great setup and can be set up for around $700.
Wednesday, March 15, 2006 3:39 PM
I ws running 16 and 17 psi last season with the gm reflash and emanage with the 3 bar sensor on top of that.

Seems to work fine to me...

Later,
Jeff

--------------------------------
2000 Turbocharged Silver Z24 5spd
Cardomain Site
Thursday, March 16, 2006 11:10 AM
SpeedRacerZ wrote:Thats pretty much what I'm saying. Think of it this way........ the MAP has a 5v. signal going into it from the PCM...... on any MAP the most Voltage the MAP can send back to the PCM is the full 5v..... so if the MAP is only rated to 14.7psi, its going to top out that 5v, and the PCM knows that 5v = 14.7psi......

But if you are able to change that Volt vs PSI table.... make 5v = 22psi..... and use a 3bar MAP..... it should work fine (since thats what you do to make a 1bar = 2 bar system)

so if i understand it right, there should be some kind of universal table out there??!!?
Thursday, March 16, 2006 4:20 PM
I think the whole running a 3 bar map would work, would take some good knowledge and tuning of VE tables but could be done with a wideband, I know all setups are different but if you could upload a close tune (dyno prefered) maybe people could alter it from there to run on there setup. Having said that, with a larger T3/To4e turbo, some guys are running huge WHP (300+ which is enough on street tires, IMO).

Injectors (330cc or GM 310cc) would likely start clipping at anything over 230-250WHP even with a RRFPR.... 550cc or larger would be better, but of course would require more tuning.

I might have screwed some words up in there, correct me if I am wrong....

HP Tuners | Garrett T3/T04B | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | 650 Injectors | HO Manifold | Addco front/rear | Motor Mounts | HKS SSQV | Spec stage 3 | AEM UEGO Wideband | Team Green LSD | FMIC | 2.3 cams | 2.3 oil pump swap | 280WHP | Now ECOTECED

Friday, March 17, 2006 5:07 AM
If you make the Map read 5 V at 22 psi or something how would you know that the MAP is proportionally gonna ration the fuel like it did before.
And if it does how do you know if it will be enough for the CFM??

Good idea tho, but both of your motors blew up guys. lol

Best time:"""11.946""" @ 114.73 mph @17psi 1.83--60"
11 second daily driver!!!!
Race Related 727-561-9440
Shop of choice for your 11 second J body!

Also, built bottom end and or top end LSJ and L61's available.
13's ----12's ----11's ----10's

Friday, March 17, 2006 5:58 AM
a wideband and alot of patience

HP Tuners | Garrett T3/T04B | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | 650 Injectors | HO Manifold | Addco front/rear | Motor Mounts | HKS SSQV | Spec stage 3 | AEM UEGO Wideband | Team Green LSD | FMIC | 2.3 cams | 2.3 oil pump swap | 280WHP | Now ECOTECED

Friday, March 17, 2006 8:16 AM
yea after a day or so of my post hp tuners came out with good news so disregard my first post about them......... should of kept quiet about that but im still hoping someone will be able to crack it to change maps or alter it in some for or state... be nice once more of us can get ahold of it

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/827643
boost will be soon for me....
Saturday, March 18, 2006 10:37 AM
SpeedRacerZ wrote:I dont think we'll have a problem with the OS for HP tuners......

having a presure translation sheet in front of you while using this would be a good idea.. also, we would have to know the full range of pressure/volt for each sensor though. sounds like it could work..

Sven you totally quarterloafed your computer..
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search