finally fired it up, one problem - Page 2 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: finally fired it up, one problem
Monday, June 05, 2006 1:57 PM
OHV notec wrote:Your plug was white, which means your injector isn't leaking into the manifold. If you don't smell gasoline, it's not leaking outside the manifold. I'm still betting on ignition. I can't think of a vacum leak that would cause a single consistant cylinder misfire, or a lean condition (without a high idle).

i didn't mean that injector was leaking gas, i meant that there is the possibility that air could escape in the passage around my cyl 2 injector. the way i did my topfeed conversion, 3 of the 4 injectors seal tightly, but the cyl 2 injector has some play in it and air may be escaping. i just took it all apart and added a rubber o-ring from my stock sidefeeds and everything is sealed up much better. i started the car and the idle sounded very smooth. no CEL came on and there were no codes pending.

i just don't understand how it could be an ignition related problem. i never touched any of that stuff during my install. all i did was change the plugs. i never messed with the coil packs or any of the ignition wiring.

Monday, June 05, 2006 2:49 PM
drove it around for a while. everything was good, no CELs at all. it kinda sucks that i have a 3 speed auto and my turbo doesn't start to spool until 3k. so i'll probably never see the full 7psi. i'm not sure on what to do about my WOT a/f ratio. when i put the pedal to the floor my wideband reads 10.1, i know its supposed to be around 12 right? the only solution to that problem is hptuners, isn't it? i'll have the change the injector constant or something to that effect. someone else was having the same A/F problem on their ld9, i think the post is still on the first page. hptuners seemed to solve his problem. so i guess i'll have to save up some money and buy it.

is that 10.1 A/F ratio at WOT gonna hurt my car at all? i know thats really rich. i don't plan on driving around with my foot to the floor. should i park the car until i get hptuners or is it safe to drive it normally, with the occasional mashing of the gas?

Monday, June 05, 2006 6:53 PM
You can get a better afr by turning down your afmu...
With the injector not sealing, you should have had a higher idle (engine being in vacuum, not boost), weird...
Also, I had a 3spd and I saw 9psi easily before 3k. You have an internal gate right? Are you sure it's nice 'n tight?

fortune cookie say:
better a delay than a disaster.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search