A Review and Test: Electric Superchargers. - Page 3 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: A Review and Test: Electric Superchargers.
Wednesday, June 07, 2006 7:12 PM
This guy is so full of he could fertilize Iowa for a year.
This thread was started by an independent reviewer of a product, not a company selling it...there IS a difference.
Also, the GM SC comes with the MAP sensor, you don't have to buy it separately. GM SC doesn't have to be replaced every 5 years & the GM SC can be upgraded to match performance goals (within reason). Bashing a superior product (and with false info at that) is a bad business move, especially on the JBO which eats junky parts companies for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
From JC Whitney:
"185mph of air" that would obviously depend on piping and TB diameter...
"car's computer should be recalibrated" / "Not compatible with aftermarket computer chip" ... pick one
I also love how it says "should" and not 'must be'...do you warranty against engine damage which occurs during use of your 'blower'? Like, say, a melted ring land due to the extreme lean condition which WILL accompany 53hp worth of air w/ no extra fuel?

fortune cookie say:
better a delay than a disaster.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006 8:35 PM
ummmm..... I have been following this thread since it began and to tell you guys the truth, speed freakz seems to be the only one who is calm and collected. He makes good established points, is willing to send out not only his product, but also a way to test it. He stands behind his product and his warrantees are valid. I personally wouldn't purchase an e-turbo myself but speed freakz definately sounds like someone who would back his product 100%.

Jimmy z - those are some harsh words, especially from an administrator, unless I am wrong

yeah, the gm 2 bar map sensor does come with the charger kit and it only really takes about 2 hours to put it in, but just because speed freakz was incorrect about that, doesn't mean that anything he says doesn't hold true.

OHV notec - "a melted ring land due to the extreme lean condition which WILL accompany 53hp worth of air w/ no extra fuel?" IDK about that, I just got flamed by skilz cause I said I wouldn't add nitrous to a car without adding fuel as well.

I also didn't think this was an advertisement either, it was more of a defense for his product. Anyway, I'm done getting bitched at by my chick so I gotta get off her comp

Scott

When I boost, you boost, we boost
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You have been banned from NEJBODY.
You've displayed wayyy too many acts of pushing people to their limits.
It's never cool to tear people down for what they want to do.
NEJBODY is a team. We're not the same as JBO where everyone bashes on eachother.
I'm surprised you show up to our meets after half of the things you say on here.
Wednesday, June 07, 2006 9:30 PM
RaGiN Z (the fake 05) wrote:speed freakz seems to be the only one who is calm and collected. He makes good established points
street freakz wrote:they go running like little girls and ban you. or give little sissy comments like the last one. if you people don't want to hear about the working one, then you shouldn't bring up the subject. GROW UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, definately calm and collected, and might I add, professional. And I have yet to see an "established" point made. ("adj. shown to be valid beyond a reasonable doubt").
Also, you and Skillz can check out the piston in my reg and rethink your opinions (how much nitrous were you referring to? a 35 may be okay)

fortune cookie say:
Wednesday, June 07, 2006 9:45 PM
http://www.cargodz.net/servlet/the-3/E-Turbo-Twins/Detail

Lmfao it looks like two air pump things for the moon bounce things

So.. if you are supposto get about 40 hp from those electric "turbos" then those kids are playing on 40 hp..

Post Edited (06-08-06 8:16 AM)
Wednesday, June 07, 2006 9:57 PM
OHV notec - I think you can only take so much bitching before you burst, trust me, I live with my girl, I know this for a fact. I really can't say I blame him. Whatever his product is. And I don't doubt you when it comes to adding fuel to a nitrous setup. I am a firm believer in upgrades. I can't see a stock system supporting something that it was never meant to see, but thats me and maybe even your piston.....

Scott

When I boost, you boost, we boost
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You have been banned from NEJBODY.
You've displayed wayyy too many acts of pushing people to their limits.
It's never cool to tear people down for what they want to do.
NEJBODY is a team. We're not the same as JBO where everyone bashes on eachother.
I'm surprised you show up to our meets after half of the things you say on here.
Thursday, June 08, 2006 6:05 AM
I knew the name sounded familiar.

This is the same guy that commented on my e-turbo page saying this:

Quote:

it is about the cfm, and not the psi. as long as your giving the vehicles motor more air than it can naturally draw in(cfm). read the definition of the supercharger in the dictionary. and our dyno results. www.streetfreakzperformance.com

I addressed his claim specifically on my page. You can read about it here. Basically, he's just making stuff up and doesn't know what he's talking about.

http://www.wildweasel.ca/j-body/HowTo/eturbo.asp

Check out his website for a laugh: http://www.streetfreakzperformance.com/

Everyone keep in mind that just because JC Whitney sells something doesn't make it good.

And what makes Ford special that these won't work on one?

Thursday, June 08, 2006 8:28 AM
argue, argue, argue. thanks for the great comments wild weasel. getting a product into jc whitney is not as easy as you think. try it sometime, if you have anything to put in there. and what are you going to say when this appears on horsepower tv? just because it's on the show doesn't mean it's a good product? you should really sit back a rethink that comment. it's not easy getting a product in a catalog like that, or on a show like that. you have to proove numerous times that they work, then they will do their own test after that to confirm it. and no, the product doesn't work on all vehicles, maybe you can use your colledge education and explain to us why they won't on fords. and while your at it, why don't they work on mazda's, audis. and here's a good one for you, 00-05 ecotec motors. they work on non ecotec motors. please explain. and to use my site as a good laugh, or to say that my comments about cfm and psi will harm me, well you better rethink that one too. the product has been proven to work, and the comments and tests of jc whitney and horsepower tv are more credible than your lashings.

street freakz performance
Thursday, June 08, 2006 8:36 AM
street freakz...here's the deal. Your product is garbage. It's been proven repeatedly by quite a few people. Nobody gives a @!#$ if it's in JC Whitney or on Horsepower TV. I see ads on TV for turbonators all the time too and that doesn't make them work either.

Now, as for your warnings. You got two actually; I know because I gave you both of them. First, you're a non-premium member and you're advertising, whether you want to call it that or not. Take your business name out of your sig and change your posting name or you're going to get banned. Second, if you decide you DO want to follow the rules and go premium you still have to provide proof that you're a legally registered business if you want to represent yourself as one here. The Ohio Secretary of State's office has no record of any business, fictitious name, DBA, Corporation or any other business entity under your name, "Street Freakz", "Street Freaks" or anything similar.

This will be your final warning.

09:f9:11:02:9d:74:e3:5b:d8:41:56:c5:63

Thursday, June 08, 2006 10:07 AM
SUPERCHARGE

whoever in there mind buys this double one for $629.00 is a complete IDIOT. I cant even believe this company trys to sell this junk, what a complete joke.
Thursday, June 08, 2006 10:21 AM
full kitted sunfire wrote:SUPERCHARGE

whoever in there mind buys this double one for $629.00 is a complete IDIOT. I cant even believe this company trys to sell this junk, what a complete joke.

Well that's just the thing... by coming here and arguing until he's blue in the face... if he can convince just ONE person to give it a shot, he's made a couple hundred bucks. If someone buy's that double-ghetto-hawtness version, he's probably made $500+ on the thing.

Money is a great motivator.

Dude, why are you asking ME to explain why it won't work on a Ford, Mazda, Ecotec, etc. when it's YOUR product? Why don't YOU tell us why it doesn't work?

Maybe if you could spell "college" those comments would be more biting. The irony of it is quite funny though.

Finally, what makes an 05 Ecotec different from a non-Ecotec? Do you even know what the word means or represents or are you just pulling terms out of your ass now?

I have very clear explanations on my site about why your comments about PSI and CFM don't hold water. Feel free to go and read them again.

Thursday, June 08, 2006 10:21 AM
well, yes i do have a legit business, you better backup and regroup. all you have to do is ask for the business license number. as far as my product being garbage goes? well, you never tested it so your comments aren't worth a @!#$ to me. as far as the lashing of jc whitney goes, well, i don't think your smart enough to get a product in any catalog or any show. as far as banning me goes? who gives a rats ass!!!!!!!!!

Thursday, June 08, 2006 10:26 AM
I'm smart enough to know that if you want to increase the power of that 2.2L Cavalier by over 60% such as you claim to do on your website, you're going to need to push well over 15psi and have all sorts of fuel mods to accomodate that extra air.

So then... will you go ahead and tell us that this POS 12V bilge pump is pushing 15+ PSI into your engine?

Thursday, June 08, 2006 10:45 AM
Ever think about when you install new brushes about seating them properly or uneven brush wear? Also carbon deposits build up in motors. Carbon = bad for a motor. They must be blown out with dry air often and there is a lot of preventative maintenance. If not, the motor will go to ground. Brushes that aren't seated properly can cause uneven wear, and can damage your commutator. This is stuff that normal people don't know about. Not bashing if your product works or not. Just saying that its not the best idea for an engine bay. Especially under hot temperatures. So yes, I have looked at the details. If you'd like to talk about motor applications, give me a PM. I do it for a living.

Thursday, June 08, 2006 10:53 AM
street freakz wrote:well, yes i do have a legit business, you better backup and regroup. all you have to do is ask for the business license number.
I did ask for that. I said in your warning AND in this thread that you have to prove that you're a legitimate business. If all you want to do is whine about HOW I asked, that's not my problem. Feel free to email me that information at any time.
street freakz wrote:as far as my product being garbage goes? well, you never tested it so your comments aren't worth a @!#$ to me.
Actually, jackoff, I HAVE tested electric turbos in the past. I first started toying with the idea when I was 11 and installed a fan between the carburetor and intake on my 5HP Briggs & Stratton go-kart motor. It didn't work then either. I tried them on motors all the way from that little go-kart motor to a 472 Cadillac V8 and as small as a .47 Cox TeeDee model airplane engine. Newsflash for ya...it didn't work on any of them. And I guarantee I was using bigger fans than you're selling.
street freaks wrote:as far as the lashing of jc whitney goes, well, i don't think your smart enough to get a product in any catalog or any show.
JC Whitney's catalogs have been around since before you were born, and have ALWAYS been known as a source of junk. Your fan kit fits right in. Oh, for the record, yours isn't the first one to get into Whitney either. They used to show up in the VW books all the time. They didn't work then either.
street freakz wrote:as far as banning me goes? who gives a rats ass!!!!!!!!!
1. It's actually becoming far too much fun reading your responses. I haven't seen anyone since Jordan Kruger that would argue so vociferously to back up a point that everyone knows is BS. Thanks for the entertainment.

2. "Rat's Ass" isn't an appropriate statement here. I just checked, and RatZero thinks your fan kit is BS too.

Thursday, June 08, 2006 11:02 AM
Put up or shut up...
Dave wrote:Tell him to send ME a test unit. I will dyno the thing. Heck I'll GIVE him a premium membership if the thing can give more hp per dollar then say an AEM intake. I'll even give him free advertising if it can give me 20hp.

Dave
(quoted from the moderator's mailing list with permission)

Thursday, June 08, 2006 11:16 AM
I know i haven't been posting here long, but i would like to request an email showing the results of the above mentioned test, if possible with a pair of before and after dyno sheets. If this request is out of line, i apologize, i am merely in a quest for knowledge about our cars.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Thursday, June 08, 2006 1:23 PM
street freakz wrote:its pretty obvious that your too consentrated on lashing at the product, than reading the full descriptions of the product. we do recomend no more than 30 min. at a time with these, there's really no sence in driving around the local streets for 4 hours doing nothing but wasting fuel with e-turbo's blasting away.
I forgot to mention that thermal protection is a bandaid to a potential major problem. the e-turbo's have been ran for as long as 10 hours non stop, and yes the brushes will wear down.

Yep, obviously. Because no where in your description does it say that it was tested for continuous use for 10 hours non stop. How come the GM blower can be run full time without problems like that? Obviously the e-turbo is superior to the GM supercharger.

street freakz wrote:and if you would have read the info about the overheating protection, you would have known that if the motors overheat for what ever reason, or if the brushes are worn down,these units will shut themselves down. so if you can take 2 min. of your precious time to replace the brushes. then you will have no problems. and if you would have looked at the cavalier dyno, you would have seen a 53.6 hp gain with only 1 unit. so no, their not a waste of time or money.

Could you further explain how this motor shuts down before the brushes wear down? Please humor me on how the motors knows that the brushes are too short. Overtemperature protection is good, but its only a bandaid to a more serious problem.

street freakz wrote:the e-turbo's have been ran for as long as 10 hours non stop, and yes the brushes will wear down. but if you use them for 4-6 hours a day for 7 days a week, the brushes will last just over 1 year. the brushes are externall, there are 2 ports on the outside of the motor, you unscrew the caps and replace the brushes, takes 2 min. of your time. this can be done 4 times. so if you use them respectively, you will get 4 -5 years use out of the e-turbo.

Do you guys sell the brushes for these motors? What about bearings? Turning at 3600 RPM how long are they going to last without replacing them? If you think they'll last for 4-5 years, you're dreaming.

Thursday, June 08, 2006 2:13 PM
First let me say thanks for the free advertising within this thread, but
if I may, One thing that you are doing is trying to compare these units to the exhaust driven turbos and belt driven superchargers....They are not comparable.
These were designed as an econominal solution.
I am the owner of Cargodz and we (a third party) did the testing, and after seeing that they do in fact work, that's when we decided to sell them.
BUT You will also notice that we sell exhaust driven turbos and superchargers.
Basically what I'm saying is, If these were an end all solution then we wouldn't need to sell anything else.
It is however a solution to a need for many that cannot afford a full blown system.

Just my 2 cents...........Thanks
Thursday, June 08, 2006 2:23 PM
AMEN!!

Thursday, June 08, 2006 2:23 PM
I always thought advertisement was meant to make people want to purchase your product... Anyone who actually reads this thread will more than likely not be willing to shell out over $300 for a bilge pump, a switch and relay...

Thursday, June 08, 2006 2:42 PM
Rich Grayo Jr. wrote:I always thought advertisement was meant to make people want to purchase your product... Anyone who actually reads this thread will more than likely not be willing to shell out over $300 for a bilge pump, a switch and relay...

Maybe they will buy one maybe they'll decide to buy something else
(We do sell much more than just E-turbos)

Side Note: Please do not refer to it as a bilge pump, cause guess what?
We tryed the online auction units (bilge pump) & they didn't work
also tryed the axial flow (inline units) & they didn't work either
Never tryed the ones that take all the extra batteries (We'll take Primedia's word on that one that they do work, but at the cost of a regular turbo system, & you have to buy a boat load of extra batteries that weigh too much)

Thursday, June 08, 2006 5:14 PM
JimmyZ wrote:Put up or shut up...
Dave wrote:Tell him to send ME a test unit. I will dyno the thing. Heck I'll GIVE him a premium membership if the thing can give more hp per dollar then say an AEM intake. I'll even give him free advertising if it can give me 20hp.

Dave
(quoted from the moderator's mailing list with permission)
In case you don't know, Dave is the owner of this website, and you can get intouch with him through the "Contact Us" link in the menu bar on the left.

You want credibility? You want people to actually believe that you're not a scam artist? You want people to believe the impossible (that these bilge pumps actually do something besides empty their wallet)? Let Dave test one. If it works, he'll tell us (and you). If it doesn't, you guys get banned as scammers. Sounds fair to me.

And yes, we WILL call it a bilge pump. That is, of course, unless you can describe to us the exact difference between a bilge pump (a "squirrel cage" type centrifugal electric fan) and your unit (a "squirrel cage" type centrifugal electric fan). Also, I'd like to hear you explain the exact physics of sqeezing more air and more fuel (required to make more HP) into the same volume (the engine's cylinders) without creating increased pressure. Street Freakz is adamant that it's "about CFM, not PSI", but apparently he skipped his high school science classes.

Oh yeah...answering IS NOT optional. Have a nice day.

Thursday, June 08, 2006 7:19 PM
you can find a q&a with cargodz about the e-turbo at cargodz site. there are alot of questions answered there. you can read that or get nothing. and i will not sit and debate the laws of physics or any other bs science crap with any of you here. it's an overated waste of time, like this forum has become. we showed dyno proof, we have respectfull names and companies backing this item up, we offered a unit and the g-tec with it already, and we still get that these are bildge pumps because there centifiqual shaped with a fan, ummm, a turbo is defined as a form of supercharger, cetrifiqual with a what? fan in it, a compressor fan or a blower fan is still a fan.hhhhmmmm. as i said before this forum is a bit of wasted time, but not all is lost, there were over 200 hits to the e-turbo today alone for only one vehicle. the cavalier. i also believe that alot of people will agree that dyno's are fact sheets, or nobody would use them. there is a saying that i like alot that holds alot of truth to it. QUOTE; if the theory doesn't match the facts, then the theory must change because the facts will always remain. END QUOTE. dyno's are facts nomatter what you may think. but i believe that i've had enough of this. thanks, and good luck with all of your debates.

Thursday, June 08, 2006 7:49 PM
street freakz wrote:the laws of physics or any other bs science crap with any of you here. it's an overated waste of time
Damn straight. F physics!

fortune cookie say:
Thursday, June 08, 2006 8:03 PM
Maybe i'm just not very good at the internet... But last time i checked hits did not equal sales... So tell us, out of those hits for the cavalier bilge pump how many units were ordered?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search