M62 Pullies - Page 2 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: M62 Pullies
Sunday, October 01, 2006 10:21 AM
Airtonics wrote:
04blackfire, the 2.6 was going to be my next item before the mishap. I'll eventually throw a 2.4 or 2.3 on there someday

I assume you'll be porting the blower so that it can spin safely to what, 20k rpms ? The stock safe limit is 16k rpms...

14.425 @ 97.833 mph stock + GMPP s/c on drag radials.

Sunday, October 01, 2006 2:06 PM
Airtonics wrote:04blackfire, the 2.6 was going to be my next item before the mishap. I'll eventually throw a 2.4 or 2.3 on there someday

Im not sure you'll get anymore boost out of it past 2.5" but then again your probably not revving the car as far as the cobalts are.

Check out my car....
http://members.cardomain.com/o4blackfire
Sunday, October 01, 2006 3:02 PM
DanteMustDie wrote:
Airtonics wrote:
04blackfire, the 2.6 was going to be my next item before the mishap. I'll eventually throw a 2.4 or 2.3 on there someday

I assume you'll be porting the blower so that it can spin safely to what, 20k rpms ? The stock safe limit is 16k rpms...

From my understanding stock safe limit is set by a thermal expansion coeffiecient of the rotors. You spin them to fast, they get hot, then they touch, really bad things happen after that....

Sunday, October 01, 2006 6:25 PM
Marchi1 wrote:
DanteMustDie wrote:
Airtonics wrote:

From my understanding stock safe limit is set by a thermal expansion coeffiecient of the rotors. You spin them to fast, they get hot, then they touch, really bad things happen after that....

I'm pretty sure I was told by peeps over at cobaltss.net that porting the s/c allowed to rev faster safely... they might be wrong though...

Sunday, October 01, 2006 11:24 PM
Something I thought of tonight:

Under wot, ~9 psi non intercooled in 1st gear, I noticed my afr's were 10:1. Probably richer because that's as rich as the gauge reads....

Anywhoo, with a smaller pulley, will it still run just as rich at 9 psi?

Is the amount of fuel injected based off of rpm vs tmap, or tps vs tmap?

Monday, October 02, 2006 5:37 AM
ouch that's rich ! what I like though is that probably this means you can install a 3.0" pulley and still be on the safe side A/F wise...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search