PICS requested by JBO members of my SC - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
PICS requested by JBO members of my SC
Tuesday, July 17, 2007 11:19 PM
I know this is questionably "boost forum" thread material, but many people have requested pics of resevoir location etc. with my particular setup. So instead of placing it in photos and media it helps more "boost" guys than anything, so here it lies. Anyway this is my supercharged eco as many have probably already seen my 2200 turbo cav, I like it clean and shiny, lol! Any questions feel free to ask....

heres a shot of the front that shows the Cobra heat exchanger installed and stock looking, lol

and i figured i would throw a full body shot in

well there ya have it

ASE Master Certified Automotive Technician

Re: PICS requested by JBO members of my SC
Tuesday, July 17, 2007 11:24 PM
wow that engine bay is sexy

I want to share something with you - the three sentences that will get you through life. Number one, 'cover for me', Number two, 'oh, good idea, boss', Number three, 'it was like that when I got here.'
Tuesday, July 17, 2007 11:57 PM
very nice dude

when we gonna race? lol

If I'm weird and everyone else is weird, does that make me normal?
-me

Versus Motorsports really @!#$ sucks
and so does DHL...but more
Wednesday, July 18, 2007 12:14 AM
you wont have the only ported and polished s/c in az for very long , muahhahahahahahahahaaa

although im seriously considering having the map nub ground off and welded up

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 6:40 AM
^ me too.i hate that nub.

the wheels look good

*************Yea i spell liek wrong get over it*****************
** If i write in caps its cause im @ work and i can only write in caps cause the keyboard is a retarded CAPS only keyboard.**
Wednesday, July 18, 2007 6:50 AM
hey Alan, got any larger pics of the top pic? I need a new background.

oh, and wanna help me work on my engine bay? LOL

I <3 that car

Desert Tuners

“When you come across a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.”

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 12:35 PM
how much was it for the polish?? did u port it as well?

http://www.myspace.com/xtremegravity http://www.cardomain.com/ride/833995
Wednesday, July 18, 2007 1:07 PM
what intake do u have or is it custom made one???

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 3:16 PM
holy crap you should have posted those in P&M that car is AWESOME.

engine bay is NICE AS @!#$

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 6:24 PM
That is the best looking engine bay I have ever seen. Mad props. Doesn't the engine bay dirty faster with that hood or have you not really driven it much in the rain.
By the way I have the same top post battery terminals. The rest of the car looks good as well.

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 7:59 PM
Thanks everyone.......

the intake is something I conjured up.......

The car is driven everyday rain or shine however rain in AZ if far and few..........

This is the second hood I've owned for a J (yellow J and red J) that has had a ram air style of some form and I notice no difference in cleanliness between them and a stock hood, even in rain.......

The nub removed is a good idea, when I had the SC done I was under the impression it was going to have the nub removed but when I got it back it was not )= but I really didn't care it still looked great........

The cost for the polish and YES its ported was around $600 but stiegemier was running a special at the time (christmas thing or something), so you would have to call them to get a price........

The SC was polished back in December or so and I have done nothing to it as far as cleaning other than auto detail, just keeps on shining, Stieg is worth every penny. I don't care what anyone says..........

Just about everyone gives me a hard time cause of how clean my engine bays are and its usually the first question people ask...." How do you do it?" I don't do anything special at all. The secret is to KEEP it clean and it will stay clean. What I mean is every time you wash the car just hit the engine bay too. I spend literally no more than 5 minutes under the hood and I typically use nothing but auto detail. I don't spray under the hood or anything just more or less dust it off, its when you let the crap collect and over time it just bakes on and corrosion sets in blah blah blah.

Again thanks

Thursday, July 19, 2007 9:25 AM
I'm more jealous of your JBO sticker But nice pics.

Mitsu TD06-20g |3" Downpipe w/ Cutout | 61mm Bored TB |
HP Tuners | Innovate WB02 | Spec Stage 3 | TurboTech Upper | Full Addco Sways | Sportlines & Yellows |
Thursday, July 19, 2007 10:50 AM
Wow...really clean and organized engine bay! Mine doesn't look anything like that!

I think I'll send my charger in this winter as well...get that sucker proted and polished....I'm really starting to like them like that!

Did your psi increase?

Eh...old man with a Corvette now...it was bound to happen sooner rather than later right?
Thursday, July 19, 2007 2:55 PM
i love that hood. very nice looking car!

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Thursday, July 19, 2007 8:02 PM
BlueDeuce (dnt02cavls) wrote:
I think I'll send my charger in this winter as well...get that sucker proted and polished....I'm really starting to like them like that!

x2

my somewhat polish job looks like s%#! compared to the port and polish by stiegemeier

http://www.myspace.com/xtremegravity http://www.cardomain.com/ride/833995
Monday, July 23, 2007 5:59 PM
Wow, everything looks like it belongs. Very nice.

Tuesday, July 24, 2007 4:46 PM
My sunfire will never look that nice ever, but what i need to know is where did hook the electric water pump for the intercooler? where did you hook the wires to?
Wednesday, July 25, 2007 11:47 PM
i bought the wiring harness for the cobalt SS w/ pigtail ($20). I wired the ground to the nearest body ground which is easy being where its located assuming you use the SS bracket for the pump. The positive is direct battery voltage switched via relay with the coil tapped into the already switched coil voltage of the stock fuel pump relay in the fuse/relay box. If you are not good with electrical I recommend having someone who is do it for you otherwise I can better simplify it for you if need be. There are plenty of alternative ways of hooking the pump up but i wanted mine simplified and worry free when vehicle is running. (much like as if it were stock). Ah yes and I also ran an inline mini fuse for the pump which you should do as well.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search