T3 90 degree elbow - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
T3 90 degree elbow
Saturday, March 22, 2008 8:23 PM
Anyone know of where I can get a 90 degree elbow, much like this 45 degree one? http://www.vulcanturbo.com/TurboManifolds.html

Thanks!

Re: T3 90 degree elbow
Sunday, March 23, 2008 9:46 AM
I bet they'd make it if you asked. Just send them an email.

fortune cookie say: better a delay than a disaster
Wednesday, March 26, 2008 10:49 AM
I COULD MAKE YOU ONE! LET ME KNOW! I CAN DO IT FULLY OUT OF STAINLESS FOR ABOUT THE SAME PRICE! ALSO I WOULD USE SCH 40 PIPE LIKE I DID ON MY MANIFOLD. THE WAY THEY HAVE IT SET UP IS BAD! MILD STEEL FLANGES AND STAINLESS PIPE!!!!! HORRIBLE DESIGN!!!!! THE TWO METALS COOL AND HEAT MUCH DIFFERENTLY WHICH WILL CAUSE THE WELDS TO CRACK! I WORK AT A FAB/MACHINE SHOP SO I KNOW WHAT GOOD AND BAD.
Wednesday, March 26, 2008 11:35 AM
Ok I put some numbers together for you. This is all stainless and tig welded, shipping will be extra!

2 stainless flanges, 1 90 stainless sch 10 2" short radius pipe, welded ..... $110
2 stainless flanges, 1 90 stainless sch 40 2" short radius pipe, welded ..... $120
2 stainless flanges, 1 90 stainless sch 10 2" long radius pipe, welded ..... $85
2 stainless flanges, 1 90 stainless sch 40 2" long radius pipe, welded ..... $90

Here are some pics of what I designed!

This is the long radius one!

This Is the short radius one!

Wednesday, March 26, 2008 2:12 PM
Have never had a problem with our stainless to mild welds. When done properly there is no reason for them to crack.
Thursday, March 27, 2008 5:12 AM
I work at a strictly stainless shop! They heat and cool differently making the metals expand and contrast differently ..... therefore the welds will crack much faster than if it was madeout of both the same material.
Thursday, March 27, 2008 9:22 AM
Yes i understand this, I am ASME weld certified for Mild to mild, mild to stainless, and stainless to stainless. Our welder also is ASME certified for ALL alloys. He previously worked welding jet engine components. We got the welding pretty well under control.

You are 100% correct Phil. They do expand and CONTRACT at different rates. BUT when done properly, it poses no real threats. We have been doing welding for years and have had no problems, although i have seen problems like you mention, but it always occurs when improper weld filler is used and other variables of the weld are done wrong.
Wednesday, June 29, 2016 12:48 PM
Hi
I am new to this group but need some expert fabrication for my twin turbo installation. It is a 1986 IROC z with a just build race 350. I am having to relocate the turbos in order for clearance issues and I read your comment about making these pieces. I would appreciate you contacting me at oren.summer@outlook.com and I will send you a diagram of the size and configuration of the flange pipe I need.
Thanks
Oren Summer
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search