value of a borg warner T04b - Page 2 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: value of a borg warner T04b
Saturday, May 10, 2008 9:11 PM
JD, now where have you been all along? that is exactly what i have been looking for. For all i know this is some stupid kid thinking he can slap a huge ass turbo on some tiny POS of a grocery getter engine... i mean come on a 1.8l??
I had no idea hondas were so much better... why the hell do we bother with gm's???

so anyway... thank you that totally cleared everything up.

But i have the 2.4L DOHC, not the 2.2 ohv... i know it is still no honda... but it isnt a ohv either....

But with my new found info, and a little better understanding of turbo and the charts now... i am reconsidering a smaller unit.

or i may just stick with my blower.

but i really thank you JD, that is the sort of info i have been looking for. but other people would rather sling big terms and insults than offer anything remotely informative.

Re: value of a borg warner T04b
Sunday, May 11, 2008 10:54 AM
Hey man no problem, we're here to learn, even myself i learn something new everyday, if not then its a wasted day. The reason why hondas are good for racing is the are very high flow engines, and have ultra high rpm ranges. I thought you said you had the 2.2 OHV, my bad. The 2.4is a great motor, and can be made to go fast as $%&#! Thats why we don't drive hondas, anybody can swap in a B16, B18C5, H22, or K20 and have a tuned sports car, that will be quicker than most of our chevys are. Most of us here are engineers trying to build something nobody has ever done. Look at PJ, AKA da flying sqwirl, he is engineering an ultra high performance LSJ/ECOTEC hyrbid engine that he wants to break some records with, and Shifted working on a plug and play ecu for our cars. Keep up the good work and don't pay attention to the ones who give you a hard time, they still have things to learn as with the rest of us. Good luck on your project, and best wishes to you.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search