$4k for GM ECOtec supercharger, WTF??? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
$4k for GM ECOtec supercharger, WTF???
Thursday, May 08, 2008 11:41 AM
I went to get the GM supercharger today since I got my 'stimulus package' money today. All 3 local dealerships said it was $4150 for the kit and one place said that part number 17800003 has been discontinued??

Re: $4k for GM ECOtec supercharger, WTF???
Thursday, May 08, 2008 11:58 AM
Get it online...

I was told my LD9 kit was discontinued, and the dealers also wanted like $1000 over what you can get it for online.

2001 Olds Alero (LD9)
636 whp / 543 ft-lb
@turboalero
Thursday, May 08, 2008 11:59 AM
try here click me

Thursday, May 08, 2008 11:34 PM
do your self a favor Just use pace performance. I was in your situation i needed a supercharger plus instal it
it was about 4600 aftyer every thing. The thing is dealers ships are owned by bussines people they don't know what a blower is. They don't even know why you want it installed. They want to do Oil changes and warranty work so they can get remibursed and bleed the General. Pace is different they know what the product is and how to install it. I mean im greatful the dealer i went to even did it for me in the first place. I was overcharged but at very least I got it done. www.paceperformance.com i was going to just pay and ship the dam car there and then drive it back. Or just take a few days off and take the dam trip to ohio. I live in Ny.
Friday, May 09, 2008 6:29 AM
Not only that, but I believe the dealer parts people just take the cost price, and then mark it up by some set huge percentage. 50%, 100%, whatever.

No big deal when you're buying an oil filter, but completely unjustifiable for a part costing a couple grand. They just can't be bothered with distinguishing one part from another.

Friday, May 09, 2008 9:08 AM
This was just for the kit, no installation. Though I have decided that I will wait and see how much the new Camaro is. The price of the kit, dual pass end-plate, tubing, laminovas, heat exchanger and water pump add up to a pretty nice sized down payment. I also checked how much it would be for the reflash if I bought it online, the service department said anywhere from 100-300.
Friday, May 09, 2008 12:15 PM
got mine from crate engine depot 2600 It was really easy to install just take ur time and read the directions my reflash cost me 110 and 45 min of my time

z28guy(KGM BEOTCH)
Saturday, May 17, 2008 11:46 AM
A markup of 50% would be awesome. BUT the markup is much more then that. At work I can see base cost and markup percentage. Depending on the price of the item, the markup usually is anywhere from 150% to 300%. Sometimes more. Look at the price of a Brake Rotor (DISC). They get those for around $10 and charge nearly $100.

Even at dealerships, there is part quality grades of A, B, C. The dealers usually sell the A's and parts stores sell B's but its almost all the same part from the same companys.

Kinda like at a grocery store, you can buy premium corn for $2 a can, and a "knock off" for 50 cent a can. But if you look on the back its made by the same company. Call it coincidence if you will....

----------------------------------------------------------------
www.bradsairsoft.com
Saturday, May 17, 2008 3:45 PM
maybe you should trad in both js and just buy or lease a hr-ss (for people like me who don't know how to drive stick) or cobalt SS. lets just face dealers don't want to do this install.
Saturday, May 17, 2008 9:23 PM
My car hasn't seen the dealership since 2004. It took me while before i knew how to work on cars what they dealerships were doing. The only time it will ever go back to one will be on a dolly under my extreme supervision while they work on it to re-flash the PCM of the motor when my blower goes on. I don't care if they charge me for an hr worth of work for a 23-30 min job. They will not drive my car while it is there.

Sunday, May 18, 2008 1:35 AM
They don't call it the "stealership" for nothing. If you look at their cost, the price that they mark it up to IS ludicrous. When I worked at dodge, it was almost always a 200% markup, so you're literally paying DOUBLE what it cost the dealer to buy the part from GM. And they wonder why no one wants to buy parts from the dealer....

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said

Sunday, May 18, 2008 5:36 AM
carnivorous mouse wrote:maybe you should trad in both js and just buy or lease a hr-ss (for people like me who don't know how to drive stick) or cobalt SS. lets just face dealers don't want to do this install.

I'm guessing you looked at my profile to get that I have two J's. The reason I don't trade them both in is because the Cavalier is a salvage vehicle that I fixed up and the Sunfire is what my girlfriend drives to work. And I don't care if the dealers want to do the install, that was the price they gave me for the kit ONLY. And I was going to install it myself.
Sunday, May 18, 2008 2:32 PM
paceperformance.com or crateenginedepot.com

maybe gmpartsdirect.com but try the other 2 first..

12.33 @ 111.67 mph [Oct 2009]
Dyno'd on 08/02/09 - Mustang Dyno:
327.6 WHP 333.6 WTQ [10.1 AFR]
Monday, May 19, 2008 12:55 PM
PacePerformance - Ask for Jerry, pretty nice guy.

888-748-4655

Monday, May 19, 2008 9:27 PM
could check the classifieds here too, i scored my kit for 1300 mildly used.

12.33 @ 111.67 mph [Oct 2009]
Dyno'd on 08/02/09 - Mustang Dyno:
327.6 WHP 333.6 WTQ [10.1 AFR]
Tuesday, May 20, 2008 8:14 AM
I have just the supercharger off a cobalt ss, not sure if the TB is different or not

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Tuesday, May 20, 2008 5:48 PM
I work at a chevy dealer and get a decent deal on all of my parts. If you are serious and want a new gm supercharger kit, get in touch with me. The parts guys at my work are pretty good and would sell it shipped to you for 15% over our cost. Email me if interested
Sunday, June 15, 2008 2:47 AM
WOW, went into the dealership today and asked if they would price match another dealership, told them the other dealership was lattof and they accepted. $2200 for my kit, now I need to find all my intercooler parts
Monday, September 08, 2008 11:31 AM
good job on the dealing. I may try that when I get mine just so I can pick it up locally.

-Chris

Monday, September 08, 2008 11:42 AM
pyre fyre wrote:WOW, went into the dealership today and asked if they would price match another dealership, told them the other dealership was lattof and they accepted. $2200 for my kit, now I need to find all my intercooler parts

What a coincidence. Now that Rascal brought this post back and I've red it, I found this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/17800003-Ecotec-2-2-Cavalier-Sunfire-Supercharger-Kit_W0QQitemZ200251387011QQihZ010QQcategoryZ33741QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Notice who the seller is.

Thursday, September 11, 2008 3:43 AM
^ thats crate engine depot.com.....right by my house....

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 7:22 AM
get on gmpartsdirect.com and put your part # in with shipping the 2.2 eco sc is about $3,083.07. the ld9 is about $1500
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search