Removing the cooling fan with the SC on? How to? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Removing the cooling fan with the SC on? How to?
Sunday, June 01, 2008 1:04 PM
Does anyone know how to change the cooling fan on the LD9's. Mine is definetely shot since it ran all winter with the CEL light on. I want to change it but heres the problem. I have the M45 blower. Does anyone know whether the fan is bolted on or held by clips? Can i bring it down from the bottom because there is not enough clearence from the top. Anyone know how many bolts hold it, where they are?

Re: Removing the cooling fan with the SC on? How to?
Sunday, June 01, 2008 1:38 PM
Can i change the motor withot changing the whole assembly?

Sunday, June 01, 2008 1:45 PM
Yes. You can take the fan off from the bottem. yes you can replace the motor (about $25) without replace the hole set-up. Do you know for sure the motor is shot? Have you tested it?

FU Tuning

Sunday, June 01, 2008 7:22 PM
John, thanks that made my day. I really didnt want to remove the charger. Do I have to go to the dealer for it or do part stores carry it. Im more than positve the motor gone if im wrong, Ill remember you.

Sunday, June 01, 2008 8:07 PM
Parts store should carry it. You can jump the relay to see if it comes on. Or turn the A/C on and the fan should come on.

FU Tuning

Sunday, June 01, 2008 8:51 PM
i knew mine was shot due to the burning plastic smell and the smoke coming from under the hood.

Built&Boosted moar
04 Cavalier Turbo r.i.p my baby
2nd place 2009 GM tuner bash qwick 8--holla

Sunday, June 01, 2008 10:47 PM
Matt, did you changed the whole assembly or just the motor?

Monday, June 02, 2008 10:26 AM
u can get a fan from the junkyard. i got mine for about 10 bucks. theres 1 bold on the bottom u take out and u can get the fan out from the underneath of the car.

01' Z24 5 speed
422whp/400wtq
T4 Turbocharged
Built LD9
HP Tuners
Friday, June 06, 2008 7:13 PM
the fan finally came out. Now I just got to figure how to get the new one in without breaking anything. The only thing i was worried of breaking was the bypass valve (wastegate) on the m45. Still 5 psi so it was all good when the fan came out.

Monday, July 21, 2008 6:48 AM
Publikdstrbnce wrote:u can get a fan from the junkyard. i got mine for about 10 bucks. theres 1 bold on the bottom u take out and u can get the fan out from the underneath of the car.

Where is the bolt located at so I can remove the fan from the bottom???

Jason
99 Z24 Supercharged
157hp/171tq - NA
LD9 for Life
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search