LN2 Rear Mount - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
LN2 Rear Mount
Monday, June 09, 2008 7:01 PM
Inspired my Mr. Pute's old setup, I wanted to be different. Actually this is the turbo and oil pump from the Pute's old setup. My husband Ryan (P&P Tuning) and Matt (Hi Tuned Performance in STL) came up with this new setup. Tuning is still needed (sometime this week) but overall I am happy with the way it all turned out. I still need to undercoat the underneath, but relocation of evap canister and all fabrication is complete. Here are a few shots from underneath, More pics to come later once all cleaned up.

Re: LN2 Rear Mount
Monday, June 09, 2008 7:22 PM
Great job, it looks awesome. Cant wait to see what it does on the road

Monday, June 09, 2008 7:24 PM
that is probably one of the cleanest rear mount turbo systems i have ever seen. that is truly sexy! no contest.

Monday, June 09, 2008 7:33 PM
Nice man, vids when its working and tuned.

Monday, June 09, 2008 7:42 PM
That is HAWT Sista! Nice work Ryan! Matt FTW!

SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Monday, June 09, 2008 8:07 PM
Where can I get one lol. looking really nice. I wanna see some vids once it's up and running.

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Monday, June 09, 2008 9:04 PM
That looks awsome, great job.

Monday, June 09, 2008 9:17 PM
call me a noob or whatever, but im interested in this set-up. wouldnt there be a considerable amount of lag/ loss of pressure from the turbo to the motor because its so far away? more info on this idea, im interested in boosting my OHV. probably not this way, but this install looks clean.
Monday, June 09, 2008 9:34 PM
omg this is so clean, i loce to see that there is still support for the pushrod motor.

Tuesday, June 10, 2008 9:24 AM
Thanks all for the compliments... Now just gotta do the gauges/turbo timer and tune it..

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Tuesday, June 10, 2008 11:17 AM
thats freaking sweet

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Tuesday, June 10, 2008 2:31 PM
Very nice!

Wednesday, June 11, 2008 4:39 PM
alright another boosted ohv nice to see keep up the work....I bet it's going to put down some decent numbers with cavattack pushin the buttons on the hpt.

Thursday, June 12, 2008 9:57 AM
Erin / Ryan that is just plain sick. Now lets get started on mine

Thursday, June 12, 2008 10:49 AM
Well he got the injectors and a start on the tune. But last night I took it out for its maiden voyage. Only runnin 2 lbs bt still noticeable. But...we put the pray to it and ...DAMN!!! I love it!! Its f'n quick on the bottle. OMG

Thursday, June 12, 2008 1:24 PM
runs good, but needs more boost.. Going to swap to stronger spring and install a boost controller.. I will get numbers up with and without spray when all done...

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Thursday, June 12, 2008 7:26 PM
Mmmmm... Spray... Mmmmmmm... Turbo.... MMMMMmmmmm!!

Thursday, June 12, 2008 7:51 PM
Wow! that is the cleanest install on any rear mount I have ever seen. looks amazing

Who did the welding for you? they do great work
Thursday, June 12, 2008 9:11 PM
Andrew Scott wrote:Wow! that is the cleanest install on any rear mount I have ever seen. looks amazing

Who did the welding for you? they do great work
Thanks.. All welding done my Matt (owner/operator of Hi Tuned Performance in STL).

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Friday, June 13, 2008 10:55 AM
Very sweet.. Nice setup.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Friday, June 13, 2008 5:24 PM
Most amazing thing I have see in weeks!!

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog

Friday, June 13, 2008 6:27 PM
Very nice setup indeed. If I were to have only ONE criticism it would be to make that exhaust side of the turbo(i.e "downpipe") 3-4". Will help A LOT with spool up, especially with it being a rear mount setup.

Looks sexy!
Friday, June 13, 2008 7:43 PM
86svo wrote:Very nice setup indeed. If I were to have only ONE criticism it would be to make that exhaust side of the turbo(i.e "downpipe") 3-4". Will help A LOT with spool up, especially with it being a rear mount setup.

Looks sexy!
It actually has a pretty quick spool.... There really is not a whole lot of resistance as the muffler is pretty free flowing.. I wish mine spooled as fast as hers...

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Friday, June 13, 2008 7:53 PM
Which turbo is that in the rear mount setup? That's awesome that it spools pretty quick, i bet the distance it travels back up to the intercooler helps in the cooling process a ton as well.

I'm very interested to see what kind of numbers you get with that car!
Monday, June 23, 2008 7:31 AM
So THIS is what Ryans been spending his/your money on.....no wonder he was still driving on the stock bottom end

Very nice setup, and very clean work.

I always wanted to know.....whats the lag like on this?....without spray???

looks sexy tho.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search