Limits to LN2 Stock Bottom End.... - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Limits to LN2 Stock Bottom End....
Sunday, June 22, 2008 3:15 PM
Last dyno run I did was 287whp/271wtq... This was months back and I was forced to shut it down as oil was puking all over the dyno (rear main seal/clutch started slipping).. That was 10 psi on my current setup. Over the last month or so I have been pushing 20 psi and it felt great. .. I fugured it was just too much pressure and it was lifting the head.. No knock detected, perfect AFR.. I as hoping to get strapped back down for one last dyno run on the stock bottom end and I know it would have been 300+ whp.. I ran that for a few weeks then started seeing white smoke at those boost level so I turned it back down to 10-12 psi. The smoke went away at full boost.. Well, Friday night the stock bottom end finally decided it was done... #3 ringland is missing a nice chunk. and it destroyed the head.. I have a feeling the turbo may be hurt too but it appears to be fine (don't understand how, but 3 of us have looked at it and the wheels are perfect/no play) The other 3 pistons are perfect(no signs of any detonation). So now its time for the rebuild, however I don't think it will be done by Bash time... The built engine will definitly have some very impressive #s when done...

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Re: Limits to LN2 Stock Bottom End....
Sunday, June 22, 2008 3:51 PM
Good luck with the rebuild. I can't wait to see it back with some new numbers!

Sunday, June 22, 2008 4:03 PM
Impressive that it held that kind of psi. Would have been nice to see the power at that psi. You have done a good job with that motor!!

FU Tuning

Sunday, June 22, 2008 4:54 PM
20 psi....is that all??

j/k. I am shocked and amazed it has held out this long. Sorry to hear it finally went, but I think you were right when you said you have no reason to complain after what you put that thing through.

So, is this gunna be your ride to the bash???

Glad to hear your turbo looks good. At least thats one less thing you will have to buy now.

Cant wait to see what you do on the new build....

OHV FOREVER!!!

Sunday, June 22, 2008 8:37 PM
That's too bad, but you made some serious #'s while it held together! Good luck with the new build!

15.3 @ 89.97mph - '01 SFGT
'98 Acura 1.6EL Sport 5M Y7/Y8 mini me
Sunday, June 22, 2008 10:43 PM
Nice, now there's no excuses not to go all out

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Sunday, June 22, 2008 10:49 PM
that sucks but its awsome that it held 20psi! now i can't wait to finish my build!
Monday, June 23, 2008 5:52 AM
JerseyJayLN2 (Scarab) wrote:Nice, now there's no excuses not to go all out
Just wait.. Its gonna be nuts.....

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Monday, June 23, 2008 6:40 AM
Maybe now some of the DOHC guys will keep their chops zipped up, and the OHV bashings will subside...

yeah right

So, who wants to dyno 300+ first?

fortune cookie say: better a delay than a disaster
Monday, June 23, 2008 6:48 AM
Im on the way to putting mine back together, I should hit around 300-320, hopefully around the end of july if all goes well!
Monday, June 23, 2008 2:56 PM
OHV notec wrote:Maybe now some of the DOHC guys will keep their chops zipped up, and the OHV bashings will subside...

yeah right

So, who wants to dyno 300+ first?
Screw 300, Lets make it 400 or more .. I need to do a lil more research before parts are ordered/made, but am shooting for atleast 375-400... I think don't think making the power is going be the challenge, but getting it to the ground is a different story.... My other biggest issue is going to be the break in period... Temptation is a b!tch ....

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 5:49 AM
^^^tru dat!!

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 6:09 AM
Dam.....i honestly thought I'd never see this post..haha sorry to hear but there is alot I'm looking forward to seeing from your ln2. cant wait to get my RDF header in the mail and finish ordering parts once my 86 caprice is sold. So any hints on what turbo your going to run once the motor is done?

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 6:11 AM
JUCNBST wrote: So any hints on what turbo your going to run once the motor is done?
Not yet, I am looking at a few different options...

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 6:21 AM
Said to see her finally die, but at least you have a fun build ahead of you.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Tuesday, June 24, 2008 7:12 AM
Ohhh nooooooo,,, Oh well, im sure you were happy what you had with it before it went.. Sucks it happend before the bash I wanted to see that car again at bash time...

Good luck with the new build.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Tuesday, June 24, 2008 11:58 AM
ImPhat0260/Cavattack2000 wrote:
OHV notec wrote:So, who wants to dyno 300+ first?
Screw 300, Lets make it 400 or more
I meant on the stock bottom end

fortune cookie say: better a delay than a disaster
Tuesday, June 24, 2008 8:35 PM
whoa! 20psi, at least we knew what the breaking point was. Good luck with the new build can't wait to see it.

**changes are here**

Saturday, July 25, 2009 1:04 AM
so does this mean if i -do- go with an m90/full moates tune using the hardware from moates.net & stay at around 8 psi, will the bottom end hold up? im hoping to do this & push atleast 220hp-what do you guys think?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search