M62 S/c Parts list From LSJ to L61 motor. - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
M62 S/c Parts list From LSJ to L61 motor.
Sunday, December 28, 2008 10:04 AM
ok i thought i could help out some of those ppl out there looking to install a s/c from the cobalt 2.0 ss
i did some looking and was comparing parts numbers from the gm kit and to the ss s/c, and most of the numbers are the same and some are just from the kit only but can be bought at gm dealers. The only real big thing that u can buy would be the T/B adapter, but MD LD9 is working on making them just look for M62 to L61 Throttle Body Adapter in this forum. well on to the part numbers.

- Lower intake manifold #12584348 (same as Cobalt ss)
- Intake manifold gasket # 12597855 (same as Cobalt ss )
- Supercharger assembley # 12584331 ( same as Cobalt ss )
- Supercharger Outlet gasket #12584342 (same as Cobalt ss)
- T/B o-ring #12575463 (a/c delco # 217-1592) same as cobalt ss
-Super charger bolts (x4) #11589214 (Same As Cobalt ss)
- Lower intake manifold brace #12586632 (same as Cobalt SS)
- manifold brace mounting bolts (x2) #11516342 (same as Cobalt SS )
- Intake Manifold Bracket Threw Bolt # 11515770 (same as Cobalt SS )
-Tmap sensor #90423637 (a/c delco # 213-3907) (same as Cobalt ss )
- T-map sensor Bolt # 11588712 (Same cobalt ss )
- Tmap sensor harness # 88988320 ( same as cobalt ss but not y-harness from kit need to be spliced in.
- evap tube #12584369 (Same as Cobalt ss)
- vaccum Hose - fuel regulator # 12584337 (same aS cobalt or just buy bulk vacuum hose)
-Radiator inlet hose #22718761 (same as cobalt ss)
- Fuel injector (x4) # 12593904 ( long style from gm kit fits 03-05 rails) ss injectors are short and may need 02 rail swap.
- Drive belt # 12590815 ( from gm kit, SS drive belt needs 1 rib cut of to fit the stock pulleys)
- Generator Relocation bracket # 12584365 (same as cobalt ss)
-relocation bracket bolts (x2) # 11518051 same as cobalt ss
-Relocation Bracket bolts (x2) # 11589134 ( same as cobalt ss )
- tensioner assmbley # 12583180 ( same as cobalt ss reuse stock tensioner bolt)
-Idler pulley bracket assembley #12584364 (same as cobalt ss )
- Idler pulley bracket bolts (X2) # 11518048 (same as cobalt ss)
-brake booster hose #10358940 (same as cobalt ss)
-Premium fuel decal # 25602518 From gm kit but u probley get the one from the ss but i didnt get that part number.
- Manual Pcm Calibration # 12590820 give this number to the dealer to call in to get the reflash from gm.
-Automatic Pcm calibration # 12590819 Give this number to the dealer to call in to get the reflash from gm.

so u can see that if u come a arcoss a ss in the wrecker buy the complete engine and ull have every thing need, just a few things would need to be bought from the dealer. another thing i used off the LSJ motor was the 2 long studs that good through the intake manifold i had to rerdrill and retap my head for those 2 studs.

i hope this helps anyone thats looking into doing the s/c swap from the LSJ to the L61

if i have missed anything feel free to add thanks.

Re: M62 S/c Parts list From LSJ to L61 motor.
Sunday, December 28, 2008 10:18 AM
I don't know if there is an actual part number for the little metal plug that you are suppose to hammer into the top of the S/C, but all i did was use my original MAP sensor to plug it.

Also i think you need 1 or 2 bolts with the tensioner.

I think you got everything else covered.
Sunday, December 28, 2008 3:08 PM
yea the tensioner needs 2 bolts, i couldnt fine a part number for the metal plug i did the same i used the sensors that came on the s/c.

Sunday, December 28, 2008 3:41 PM
Thanks I have been looking for a complete parts list.You can get your computer reflashed with out buying the kit new?

Sunday, December 28, 2008 4:56 PM
Probably need to figure out the number for the plug. Some people may not be able to use the stock sensor to plug the hole. I know with my hood theres no way it would shut if I had a sensor there. Just FYI

Sunday, December 28, 2008 5:52 PM
i'll see what i can do for the plug i just got to look more into my parts screen when i go back to work monday.
andrew: yes u can get a reflash with out buying the kit but u would have to phone around to dealers to see which one can do it cause some dealers like to give a hard time, or if u have a hpt tuner u can go that why to.

Monday, December 29, 2008 1:14 AM
heres a section right from the installation instructions

Monday, December 29, 2008 5:13 AM
yea i know that but the problem is not all the part numbers in the instructions come up on the gm parts screen, i looked for hours trying to find the map y harness till i phone up gm and they said they done sell it out of the kit. But i'll give gm a call today to see what i can find for that plug.

Monday, December 29, 2008 11:36 AM
ok i did some looking around for the metal plug today at work and came up with nothing, so i called up gm and they said that they only made it for the kit and wont sell it seperate from the kit. so other words you got find something to plug that hole on top of the s/c.

Monday, December 29, 2008 3:18 PM
Krzy Z wrote:ok i did some looking around for the metal plug today at work and came up with nothing, so i called up gm and they said that they only made it for the kit and wont sell it seperate from the kit. so other words you got find something to plug that hole on top of the s/c.

i tapped my hole and found a cap that screwed in.

Monday, December 29, 2008 4:47 PM
Krzy Z wrote:ok i did some looking around for the metal plug today at work and came up with nothing, so i called up gm and they said that they only made it for the kit and wont sell it seperate from the kit. so other words you got find something to plug that hole on top of the s/c.

So if i have the little black sensor there, i will be okay? It doesnt have any wires coming out of it..

Krzy Z wrote:i'll see what i can do for the plug i just got to look more into my parts screen when i go back to work monday.
andrew: yes u can get a reflash with out buying the kit but u would have to phone around to dealers to see which one can do it cause some dealers like to give a hard time, or if u have a hpt tuner u can go that why to.

I read that if you have the 2.5 bar MAP sensor and the harness installed so it work with the GM Reflash, you won't be able to use HPTuners, is that true? I'm asking because i want to be able to tune 1 ECM and have my other ECM with the GM reflash, but if the sensor won't work with both then it will be impossible?

Also is it hard to tune the supercharger kit with HPTuners? I found a deal with this guy on the HPTuners and i might buy it. I tuned my car when i had the turbo using my innovate LC-1 wideband, it wasn't too bad, at least i think i did it correctly..

My CarDomain!!! --- http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2543660

Monday, December 29, 2008 8:35 PM
the black sensor on top of the s/c if fine there, as for tuning with the hpt i'm not to sure on that but u can get the gm reflash and have a spare pcm and tune that with the turner, i know there is a sticky on tuning for the gm s/c on the ecotec.

Monday, January 05, 2009 11:16 PM
My kit came with two plugs. I have an extra one to sell if anybody needs one. PM me

Save your money. It might be worth something someday.

Wednesday, January 07, 2009 11:14 PM
Sold!!!!!

Save your money. It might be worth something someday.

Wednesday, September 22, 2010 10:19 AM
i know this thread is a little old but i thought id ask anyway, i just bought a 2005 cobalt ss engine for doing a supercharger on my 2004 cavalier. both engines are the 2.2 and look to be side-by-side identical as far as the block goes. the only issue i can see is on the intake manifold, it looks to be an oil line above the 3rd and 2nd intake ports? which doesnt match up to the cavi block which the oil port (if you will) is directly in the middle of the 3rd and 2nd port. the more i look around i am seeing intake manifold gaskets that are fabricated to accept the change, i just cant accept that a gasket that is 1/8" can possibly direct the oil to be functional? please give me any ideas/ knowledge you may have and thanks in advance!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search