please someone make a m62 manifold 4 a ld9 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
please someone make a m62 manifold 4 a ld9
Monday, September 22, 2008 9:40 AM
there are a couple of threads of people in the process of making this manafold but it never works out any one know anything about a manifold thats in the works or one for sale yet

Re: please someone make a m62 manifold 4 a ld9
Monday, September 22, 2008 12:51 PM
If you want one this is one of those things you are just going to have to wait out. There have not been any actually made yet. As far as I know [ion] C2
is making one or at least he had better be. It is my M62 he is using.

If you don't have AC or don't mind loosing your AC I would try going this route.
http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=40&i=153164&t=153164&p=1

Edited 3 time(s). Last edited Monday, September 22, 2008 12:55 PM

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Tuesday, September 23, 2008 6:00 AM
thanx man yea i saw that post on the vortec s/c but i have a deal on an m62 so i was just onederin if one had been made and i was just missin it. by the way i frekin love your car the polished s/c is sweet.
Tuesday, September 23, 2008 6:24 AM
Soon (TM)

My engine is going to be out for swappage when the spare one is done being assembled, and that is when I will be able to take the few measurements that I need to align the supercharger outlet with the manifold such that the pulley lines up with the belt, and how far to have it mounted from the head and such.

I'll go have the flange at least fabricated this week. Then it's up to welding that flange onto a plenum welded to the hacked off MP45 manifold I have here that is sized so it sits correctly, and make the bungs/ports for the FPR, MAP, etc.

2001 Olds Alero (LD9)
636 whp / 543 ft-lb
@turboalero
Wednesday, October 01, 2008 4:11 AM
i know they kinda mentioned this on the original m62 thread but this would be a cool way to inter cool.

http://www.seriouswheels.com/pics-2005/2005-Lotus-Sport-Exige-240R-Engine-1280x960.jpg
Wednesday, October 01, 2008 5:51 AM
That's basically the way I was thinking of doing the production version, but flip the superchager over and hook an FMIC to it.

2001 Olds Alero (LD9)
636 whp / 543 ft-lb
@turboalero
Wednesday, October 01, 2008 8:26 AM
We could custom build one if your willing to pay for a custom made piece.
Wednesday, October 01, 2008 8:35 AM
You should produce them.

2001 Olds Alero (LD9)
636 whp / 543 ft-lb
@turboalero
Wednesday, October 01, 2008 9:52 AM
Vulcan Turbo, LLC wrote:We could custom build one if your willing to pay for a custom made piece.

Can you begin to give us even a ballpark idea on price?

Wednesday, October 01, 2008 10:16 AM
Pricing on them since i doubt many would sell would end up around $1000 for fully custom intake manifold.
Wednesday, October 01, 2008 10:25 AM
Now that is worthy of taking my 99 2.4 to Milwaukee and leaving it there for. Plus, $1000 is a lot easier to swing for most us than the $3k for a turbo kit to be mocked/fabbed/produced by you guys.

Wednesday, October 01, 2008 10:29 AM
Even though I don't own a 2.4 I'd pay a grand for a M62 manifold that isn't all that unreasonable.
Wednesday, October 01, 2008 10:38 AM
That does not sound bad price wise.

Plus that way somone can buy the manifold and then peice the rest of the parts together at a pace their income allows or as they come accross good deals. Now the question becomes which is most likly to sell more of and therefore be more profitable for you. This or what I PMed you about. Or could it possibly work out for both products.

Wednesday, October 01, 2008 10:41 AM
KFLO wrote:Now that is worthy of taking my 99 2.4 to Milwaukee and leaving it there for. Plus, $1000 is a lot easier to swing for most us than the $3k for a turbo kit to be mocked/fabbed/produced by you guys.

Ionc2 has my M62 and I have already given Vulcan the green light to use it for mock up as long as Ion is not using it. So if you were willing to send them your car and they had my M62 this could work out assuming there is enough people who are for sure about going this route and can afford it.

Wednesday, October 01, 2008 11:12 AM
Damn, $1000. Mine was going to be somewhere around $200-300 most likely. Oh well. I have flanges, a supercharger, a nearly complete intake manifold, and just need to weld the flange to it along with a few nozzles for boost. The only things I need to know are the measurements on how much to offset the supercharger outlet flange from the intake on the manifold I have here, then I can have it welded up. But my car is a daily driver and I won't have the current MP45 off for a couple weeks until my built engine is ready to go in.

2001 Olds Alero (LD9)
636 whp / 543 ft-lb
@turboalero
Wednesday, October 01, 2008 11:31 AM
[ion wrote: C2]Damn, $1000. Mine was going to be somewhere around $200-300 most likely. Oh well. I have flanges, a supercharger, a nearly complete intake manifold, and just need to weld the flange to it along with a few nozzles for boost. The only things I need to know are the measurements on how much to offset the supercharger outlet flange from the intake on the manifold I have here, then I can have it welded up. But my car is a daily driver and I won't have the current MP45 off for a couple weeks until my built engine is ready to go in.

Well right now the ball is in your court so what are you going to do? You have first dibs on the sc...afterall it is in your possesion at the moment.

Being able to make the parts is only is only half the battle. The other half is fitting it to a car. You have the car to fit it to except it is your DD so from the sounds of it you really don't have a car to mock it up to not for a couple weeks which judging by how the rest of this project has gone for you could be a a couple months.

Besides last I heard from you the first one was going to involve the hacked off m45 manifold and then a production one after that.

Wednesday, October 01, 2008 11:51 AM
That is true. I'm making one; it's wth the MP45 manifold with a plenum with a flange welded to that.

If you want a quick mass produced one Vulcan is the way to go I suppose. I can still make mine without having the MP62 supercharger on-hand, I just need to take a few measurements on the supercharger before I send it off..

I can ship it out to Vulcan if they need it.

2001 Olds Alero (LD9)
636 whp / 543 ft-lb
@turboalero
Wednesday, October 01, 2008 5:03 PM
Vulcan Turbo, LLC wrote:Pricing on them since i doubt many would sell would end up around $1000 for fully custom intake manifold.

Since one of the quotes from the past was.............

manifold alone will be 850.
alchy injection bung in the plenum add 25
direct port nitrous bungs add 100 (includes all 4)
intercooler setup add 150

Vulcan's does not seem that bad

Most of us can recover the money by selling our M45 kits

I am still interested in getting an intake manifold..........................................from somebody..................................................someday

Jason
99 Z24 Supercharged
157hp/171tq - NA
190hp/170tq @ 6psi

LD9 for Life
Wednesday, October 01, 2008 5:26 PM
Of course this will probably happen right after I turbo...lol.

Wednesday, October 01, 2008 5:39 PM
However we would do it the car would need to be in our shop for it to get done.
Wednesday, October 01, 2008 7:04 PM
Vulcan Turbo, LLC wrote:However we would do it the car would need to be in our shop for it to get done.

I asked through PM but figured I would share the info here. The question I asked Vulcam was "if you had the car and my m62 to mock up realistically how long would it take"?
Vulcans Response " dont think it should take any longer than 2 weeks"

Thursday, October 02, 2008 5:44 PM
HMMMMMMM

Now if only i knew of a LD9 Z24 around town............

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Friday, October 03, 2008 10:34 PM
I personally don't think the 1,000 pricing is bad at all. Remember, it pays to play ladies.

Saturday, October 04, 2008 10:14 AM
Vulcan Turbo, LLC wrote:yes we could do the intake manifold mock up at the same time as well, however i would want to have at least 2 of them sold and paid for to make it worth our while not to mention we would need an M62 here in our possession.

Ok sounds fair to me.

So who is seriously able to to pony up here? I know I can who else?

1 Wade Jarvis

Saturday, October 04, 2008 11:25 AM
Sounds to me like we will be having a 2.4L come here for the winter that we can play with. Hes going to bring it down to mock up a turbo kit, but doesnt need it back til spring so we'll have time to work up your intake manifolds as well. Like he mentioned i do want at least 2 sold before going into the project, our flange supplier will only sell to us in a minimum order of 5 so at least if i sold 2 i would then have the material to make 3 more.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search