How To: LD9/Ecotec Boosted PCV System - Page 9 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: How To: LD9/Ecotec Boosted PCV System
Friday, July 24, 2009 11:08 PM
still curious on the vac lines





Re: How To: LD9/Ecotec Boosted PCV System
Tuesday, August 04, 2009 3:57 PM
If we do our cath can set up do we still need an aftermarket manifold for the ecos or can we stick with our stock one? and do we still blcok off that hole on the head if we do a catch can set up?


ECOtec DOHC

Re: How To: LD9/Ecotec Boosted PCV System
Monday, September 14, 2009 3:25 PM
Back up..

Ive had my pcv plate bypassed for a while, with line from the timing chain housing straight to a catch can. The other line from the catch can just goes to a small carbed fuel filter then a breather. The fuel filter just catches anything that gets pushed out of the catch can so it doesnt make the breather all nasty.

Anyways, I tapped my ho manifold and put a fitting in it. Should I just run this to a post tb vacume like the m45 does?



Re: How To: LD9/Ecotec Boosted PCV System
Monday, September 14, 2009 5:02 PM
icemike89 wrote:

Back up..

Ive had my pcv plate bypassed for a while, with line from the timing chain housing straight to a catch can. The other line from the catch can just goes to a small carbed fuel filter then a breather. The fuel filter just catches anything that gets pushed out of the catch can so it doesnt make the breather all nasty.

Anyways, I tapped my ho manifold and put a fitting in it. Should I just run this to a post tb vacume like the m45 does?


So your catch can is not getting vacuum?



FU Tuning



Re: How To: LD9/Ecotec Boosted PCV System
Monday, September 14, 2009 6:48 PM
Its not getting vacume from a turbo intake no, which is the only place I will run the other line whenever I figure out an intake for it. It is from the breather though

If you look back a few pages, SpeedRacerZ stats you could just bypass the pcv plate to a catch can but doesnt say anything about any other vacuum lines.



Re: How To: LD9/Ecotec Boosted PCV System
Tuesday, September 15, 2009 5:37 PM
icemike89 wrote:

Its not getting vacume from a turbo intake no, which is the only place I will run the other line whenever I figure out an intake for it. It is from the breather though

If you look back a few pages, SpeedRacerZ stats you could just bypass the pcv plate to a catch can but doesnt say anything about any other vacuum lines.


Yes but the catch can needs vacuum to pull from the timing chain housing.



FU Tuning



Re: How To: LD9/Ecotec Boosted PCV System
Tuesday, September 15, 2009 6:28 PM
The catch can is never empty, thats for sure.



Re: How To: LD9/Ecotec Boosted PCV System
Wednesday, September 16, 2009 11:45 PM
icemike89 wrote:

Back up..

Ive had my pcv plate bypassed for a while, with line from the timing chain housing straight to a catch can. The other line from the catch can just goes to a small carbed fuel filter then a breather. The fuel filter just catches anything that gets pushed out of the catch can so it doesnt make the breather all nasty.

Anyways, I tapped my ho manifold and put a fitting in it. Should I just run this to a post tb vacume like the m45 does?


Tap the manifold and attach the small line to manifold vacuum. And idealy you wouldn't want that universal fuel filter on the intake to the catch can, this probably restricts airflow going into the engine.



Re: How To: LD9/Ecotec Boosted PCV System
Thursday, September 17, 2009 3:55 AM
About connecting it to a manifold vacume, I would need a check valve inline soo Im not boosting the crank case correct? The m45 has a vacume from here post tb on the sc itself, but its before the rotors in the sc.



Re: How To: LD9/Ecotec Boosted PCV System
Thursday, September 17, 2009 6:10 PM
icemike89 wrote:

About connecting it to a manifold vacume, I would need a check valve inline soo Im not boosting the crank case correct? The m45 has a vacume from here post tb on the sc itself, but its before the rotors in the sc.


Right, it needs a check valve.



Re: How To: LD9/Ecotec Boosted PCV System
Thursday, September 24, 2009 6:22 PM
hello i have at ld9 2.4 i'm just wondering will this work for n/a boosted set up, minus 1 check valve, T brass fitting, 1 catch can?? and i have oil lost in 1 1/2 month and it is comming out from that small hole in the head and a pic of a n/a would be good to see if others done it n/a set up. thanks

Re: How To: LD9/Ecotec Boosted PCV System
Friday, September 25, 2009 3:10 AM
zedyred red wrote:

hello i have at ld9 2.4 i'm just wondering will this work for n/a boosted set up, minus 1 check valve, T brass fitting, 1 catch can?? and i have oil lost in 1 1/2 month and it is comming out from that small hole in the head and a pic of a n/a would be good to see if others done it n/a set up. thanks


N/A you leave it hooked up like stock, but put a catch can on the hose coming off the baffle on the block. Then catch can connects to vacuum.



FU Tuning



Re: How To: LD9/Ecotec Boosted PCV System
Friday, September 25, 2009 11:10 AM
ok i hope i got it now one hose in to the 1/4"npt brass fitting drilled tapped on the baffle(oil/air seprator) on the block and one catch can and one viton check valve part number 7775k54 female both ends and an other hose on the check valve hooked up then that hose to the intake. the other hose that was hooked up in the intake is breathing on a filter. and still wonder is the hole in the head is blocked off right ? or leave it unblocked ? thanks.
Re: How To: LD9/Ecotec Boosted PCV System
Friday, September 25, 2009 2:32 PM
Yeah, so i'm not reading all 8 pages but if you are having soo many issues do something like this :

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=4387972

Breather on one side, and get vaccum from the exhaust.

Simple really. Not "8 pages complicated" LOL.


11.92 @ 122.69 MPH Rotrex Blower / Intercooled / Water-Meth / 100% Daily Driver / 381 WHP


Re: How To: LD9/Ecotec Boosted PCV System
Friday, September 25, 2009 6:08 PM
oh so the vac is hooked up to the exhaust. with that check valve not to the intake with a check valve well i see there is two ways of doing this on the first page but which one is it, hose to the catch can then check valve and hose to the intake? or same but to the exhaust ? but there is no vac in the exhaust if i'm running a turbo which i'm not running boosted. So the head is block off right ?ok so the hose from the baffle to the catch can or none?then hose to the check valve then hose to the intake where is pulling a vac. right ?? thank that all i need to know.
Re: How To: LD9/Ecotec Boosted PCV System
Thursday, October 22, 2009 11:06 AM
Just an update thought Id show how I ran everything. For the past few thousand miles I have had the pcv baffle bypassed, and a catch can straight to the timing housing. Just pulled the intake mani off to find no oil puddling in the head ports, so that alone helped tremendously. A few head port pics, stock 101k motor after about 3k miles with the catch can..




Now I also put a fitting in the ho mani flange and matched it up with the phenolic adapter to the pcv port in the head. Put a check valve inline and ran it to a manifold vacume. PCV setup is now commplete, execpt if I ever get an intake on my turbo Ill run the other catch can line to that instead of an open breather vacume. Heres a few quick pics..




Thoughts? Anything i should do differently or does this setup sound good?



Re: How To: LD9/Ecotec Boosted PCV System
Thursday, October 22, 2009 11:58 AM
Does your catch can collect condensation? On my ecotec, I have the port fueler intake manifold, and the PCV port on the head is blocked by the flange. I have the catch can attached to the nipple on my valve cover, and my catch can fills up with condensation non-stop.



" To study and not think is a waste. To think and not study is dangerous. "
Re: How To: LD9/Ecotec Boosted PCV System
Thursday, October 22, 2009 12:27 PM
Yep, my catch can would fill quite a bit when the pcv headport was blocked. Ill see how it gets now that the port actualy has vacume.



Re: How To: LD9/Ecotec Boosted PCV System
Monday, January 25, 2010 12:03 AM
Anyone have any pics of this on their eco?





"You can only feed them semen for so long before their legs fall off."




Re: How To: LD9/Ecotec Boosted PCV System
Wednesday, March 31, 2010 5:15 PM
doesnt the hose have to attach somewhere pre boost like in th intake?
icemike89 wrote:

Just an update thought Id show how I ran everything. For the past few thousand miles I have had the pcv baffle bypassed, and a catch can straight to the timing housing. Just pulled the intake mani off to find no oil puddling in the head ports, so that alone helped tremendously. A few head port pics, stock 101k motor after about 3k miles with the catch can..




Now I also put a fitting in the ho mani flange and matched it up with the phenolic adapter to the pcv port in the head. Put a check valve inline and ran it to a manifold vacume. PCV setup is now commplete, execpt if I ever get an intake on my turbo Ill run the other catch can line to that instead of an open breather vacume. Heres a few quick pics..




Thoughts? Anything i should do differently or does this setup sound good?




http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2623318



Re: How To: LD9/Ecotec Boosted PCV System
Wednesday, March 31, 2010 6:08 PM

Re: How To: LD9/Ecotec Boosted PCV System
Wednesday, March 31, 2010 6:16 PM
or maybe the extra port on the throttle body that isnt used so i dont get boost going in?



http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2623318



Re: How To: LD9/Ecotec Boosted PCV System
Friday, April 02, 2010 11:34 PM
Anyone figure this out for the ECO guys yet??? still curious.



Re: How To: LD9/Ecotec Boosted PCV System
Saturday, April 03, 2010 12:49 AM
SLO CAV (the autoxing one) wrote:

Anyone figure this out for the ECO guys yet??? still curious.


Bump, 2.2 s256 turbo'd eco here looking for info on this too.

http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs499.snc3/27258_1421436934679_1195377183_1238233_7413007_n.jpg

my catch can I think is too small, or the valve cover needs another one? Thoughts or suggestions? Thanks.
Re: How To: LD9/Ecotec Boosted PCV System
Saturday, April 03, 2010 12:59 AM
SLO CAV (the autoxing one) wrote:

Anyone figure this out for the ECO guys yet??? still curious.

aftermarket intake manifold, tap between runner 2 and 3, run line from there to catch can, run line from catch can to intake, im also running a line from valve cover to catch can. got pics if you need



Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

 

Start New Topic Advanced Search