How To: LD9/Ecotec Boosted PCV System - Page 4 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: How To: LD9/Ecotec Boosted PCV System
Wednesday, February 25, 2009 10:16 AM
after talking with chris i will get usps quotes tomorrow and see what the total is. did not know ups rapes you guys in canada. so ill find out tomorrow

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, February 25, 2009 10:22 AM

Wednesday, February 25, 2009 10:25 AM
I saw the first quote and had a hernia lol.

Bubble wrap envelope and USPS ftw!!!

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Wednesday, February 25, 2009 2:40 PM
here is what im going to do... im going to ship them out. and trust that you guys pay me once i get back with the reciepts. it saves me a trip to the post office and makes it easy on everyone else. so please dont chump me on this. thanks. they will ship out tomorrow.

Wednesday, February 25, 2009 2:51 PM
*puts on chumping shoes*

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Wednesday, February 25, 2009 3:04 PM
Don't worry Vince, I'll pay you back. Let me know the cost and I'll send you the payment right away.

Wednesday, February 25, 2009 3:39 PM
yeah if not. i have a set of skills. a very special set of skills (cant remember the quote exactly) but watch the previews for the movie taken and that movie is based off of me...

Wednesday, February 25, 2009 3:46 PM
Vincent Morris wrote:yeah if not. i have a set of skills. a very special set of skills (cant remember the quote exactly) but watch the previews for the movie taken and that movie is based off of me...

hahaha....that was a good movie

Wednesday, February 25, 2009 8:35 PM
crumpled up newspaper around the valves in a paper envelope works for me lol.....or those buble wrapped envelopes like chris said works too... anything to avoid brokerage

Wednesday, February 25, 2009 8:49 PM
they will all be shipped in bubble wrapped envelopes. id please ask that you add a few dollars to the shipping if you didnt mind. i actually ended up losing money due to the weight of them shipping them to me. and plus a few people did have paypal fees taken out and some didnt so i have lost a few bucks. if not, whatever but i would appreciate it. thanks. the price should be posted on your envelope when it gets there. also. do you guys need delivery confirmation or not?

Wednesday, February 25, 2009 11:18 PM
Thanks Sweetness for the great writeup, I'll definately need this for my new turbo setup, I do have a question though someone was talking about putting two -10 fittings on the timing cover and running them to a catch can. could you show a diagram of how this would work in conjunction with with the setup you showed in your original diagram.
Thursday, February 26, 2009 5:16 AM
Im about 50% done with my PCV setup. LD9 guys, ever take your oil\air seperator off without taking your HO mani off? lol I took mine off from under the car just so I wouldnt have to take the mani off. Easy, I recommend if you don't wanna take your mani off

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ

Thursday, February 26, 2009 5:34 AM
WHITECAVY wrote:Im about 50% done with my PCV setup. LD9 guys, ever take your oil\air seperator off without taking your HO mani off? lol I took mine off from under the car just so I wouldnt have to take the mani off. Easy, I recommend if you don't wanna take your mani off

Good to know. I couldve used this info a few weeks ago lol.

Thursday, February 26, 2009 5:59 AM
Lol sorry Mike.

306 TQ
Thursday, February 26, 2009 6:57 AM
No biggie, always wondered about that but was too lazy to get under the car lol.

And has anyone thought about using nylon tubing and those push-lock connectors like they use on alchy injection kits? The check valves are pretty much the same thing Im sure, plus those push-lock connectors are awesome Would be alittle more expensive but much cleaner and prolly a better seal. Alot of the fittings and all you can get from like coolingmist, etc.

Thursday, February 26, 2009 7:19 AM
Im not even using nylon, im using the plumbing hose from home depot, the clear shiat. Where do you get nylon hose from?

306 TQ
Thursday, February 26, 2009 11:06 AM
I'll be using the proper reinforced vaccum hose from Vibrant Performance.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Thursday, February 26, 2009 2:39 PM
all were mailed out today.

Thursday, February 26, 2009 3:19 PM
W00T!!

Thursday, February 26, 2009 5:04 PM
WHITECAVY wrote:Im about 50% done with my PCV setup. LD9 guys, ever take your oil\air seperator off without taking your HO mani off? lol I took mine off from under the car just so I wouldnt have to take the mani off. Easy, I recommend if you don't wanna take your mani off

i was thinking about that as well but i gotta pull my manifold off to do the head swap anyways lol

SweetnessGT wrote:I'll be using the proper reinforced vaccum hose from Vibrant Performance.

-Chris-

x2, got my fancy stuff in the trunk ready to go

Thursday, February 26, 2009 5:34 PM
Question, how is this check valve supposed to work? Do I leave it how it came? it looks to be in the 'closed' position. Neaning the valve on the inside doesn't move when I push on it with my finger.

306 TQ
Thursday, February 26, 2009 6:07 PM
WHITECAVY wrote:Question, how is this check valve supposed to work? Do I leave it how it came? it looks to be in the 'closed' position. Neaning the valve on the inside doesn't move when I push on it with my finger.

they all move by hand actually. should be able to push them by hand. then when the air is sucked out its open.

Thursday, February 26, 2009 8:48 PM
Ok, looks like ill have to adjust it then before install. Because its not moving lol

306 TQ
Saturday, February 28, 2009 10:47 PM
Ok guys please do not try to laugh to hard at both my idea and my photo shop abilitys. basically i have none lol.. but here it goes...

Ok now this set up might work for just low boost guys depending on how big of a pcv valve you can get. now my idea is as follows..

i am going to run the saab Mitsu turbo on my car so it has a pcv system inlet on the compressor housing for the fresh air inlet that goes to the valve cover. so you run that to the inlet of the turbo because it has a port for that. now here is my idea. i am going to quote dale young.

Dale Young wrote:Thanks Sweetness for the great writeup, I'll definately need this for my new turbo setup, I do have a question though someone was talking about putting two -10 fittings on the timing cover and running them to a catch can. could you show a diagram of how this would work in conjunction with with the setup you showed in your original diagram.

now my idea is basically like his but MUCH easier and cheaper.. that is if it works... you guys can over look the diagram i did and use your turbo knowledge and pcv knowledge to see if it will work or not.. but i am pretty sure it will after looking at cars at work (i build cars at toyota in a factory). basically i looked at there cars and what our cars were missing.. a simple pcv valve or check valve. now what i think we could do is to find some way to block off the ports all together on the intake manifold for the pcv vent and just simply find the largest pcv valve in auto zone or where ever in there help section that can fit in the oil cap. yes the oil cap. drill a hole and put the valve in and put a nut the same size on the back side and put like a dab of something like a epoxy glue or jb weld on the nut to keep it from coming off. then you run a line from the new pcv in the oil cap to a catch can, and run a line from the catch can over to the intake somewhere. and if any check valves are needed you guys can figure them out im not to sure on this. but like i said dont laugh at my idea and my photoshoping i know they both suck but im just trying to figure out something very cheap and very easy to do.

let me know if this will work... here is the diagram....

dont laugh LOL.

Sunday, March 01, 2009 11:21 AM
Has anybody messed with their check valve yet? I cant open it, not even with a vise and a socket wrench lol.

306 TQ
Sunday, March 01, 2009 12:18 PM
i dont get what your trying to open? are you trying to push the valve inside?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search