Greddy Type-RZ - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Greddy Type-RZ
Thursday, July 30, 2009 1:11 AM
Anyone running this BOV? Replaced the Type-RS which lots of people said doesn't sound so good. Wondering if they improved it at all.

"You can only feed them semen for so long before their legs fall off."

Re: Greddy Type-RZ
Thursday, July 30, 2009 5:11 AM
I like the RS...

Here's what mine sounds like:

2001 Olds Alero (LD9)
636 whp / 543 ft-lb
@turboalero
Thursday, July 30, 2009 7:46 AM
my rs never sounded like that, my rs just pssshhh yours is the chrome one with blue end?

yours sounds like the type s

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, July 30, 2009 7:49 AM

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Thursday, July 30, 2009 7:56 AM
Really? The Type S on another Alero I've heard is just pshhhhh no whistle. Mine will psh and whistle.

2001 Olds Alero (LD9)
636 whp / 543 ft-lb
@turboalero
Thursday, July 30, 2009 9:05 AM
Ya, i was bidding on a type S on ebay, but someone said they quit making them because of diaphragm issues or something. Sound great, but dont want it to crap out on me.

So no one is running the newer Type RZ then?

Thursday, July 30, 2009 9:19 AM
type s, type rs...way too ricer sounding for my tastes.

---------------------------------------------------
4 Cams...32 Valves...5 Liters...This Could Get Fun!

Thursday, July 30, 2009 9:24 AM
Haha...nice. What would you recommend? Got Tial, HKS....

Thursday, July 30, 2009 9:49 AM
Looks like he likes a Turbonetics Raptor.

2001 Olds Alero (LD9)
636 whp / 543 ft-lb
@turboalero
Thursday, July 30, 2009 10:50 AM
tial 50m bov yummy

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Thursday, July 30, 2009 12:01 PM
I was running a tial 50mm, loved the sound but its pretty quiet unless on higher boost setups. Great performing bov though.

I now have a turboxs rfl that I like and is very loud, I may try the greddy rz just for the hell of it. The car is daily driven soo sound is a big thing with me, prolly why Ive changed my exhaust setup soo many times.

Thursday, July 30, 2009 12:06 PM
I have a Type-S for sale.

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile
Member of J-Body Of Michigan.

Thursday, July 30, 2009 12:13 PM
Ya, watched some youtube vids and the tial 50mm is more of a 10+ psi bov. Im only gonna be pushing 6-8 psi at first until i build up the engine. The Type S sounds amazing, but just dont want it to break on me and have to spend another 100 odd dollars. Did anything replace the Type S?

Thursday, July 30, 2009 12:29 PM
yea i would go Tial 50mm personally

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Thursday, July 30, 2009 4:18 PM
Ive never heard any bad stories about greddy bov's, just knockoffs. The tial 50mm is fine for any setup as long as you use the right spring. Many people talk about it(youll see vids of this on youtube) but thats cause they are not using the correct bov spring, which is how I killed my first turbo; once I got the correct spring it performed and reacted perfectly for me even as low as at 5psi. I would have kept my tial but just wanted something different strictly for sound preference, I gave mine to my buddy which Im sure will sound badass on his 35psi dsm haha.

Thursday, July 30, 2009 4:25 PM
Off topic kinda but speaking of a turbo alero... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3hGEYlNHTw lol

Thursday, July 30, 2009 6:31 PM
Senorguitar19 wrote:Ya, watched some youtube vids and the tial 50mm is more of a 10+ psi bov. Im only gonna be pushing 6-8 psi at first until i build up the engine. The Type S sounds amazing, but just dont want it to break on me and have to spend another 100 odd dollars. Did anything replace the Type S?

the BOV itself is one of the most trouble free, easily adjustable units on the market. Most of the diaphram issues were from people setting them up improperly. you can still buy new diaphrams from Greddy, you wont have to get a new BOV.

The type RS was the replacement for the S. I run an S myself, and have no problems yet.

Thursday, July 30, 2009 6:46 PM
icemike89 wrote:Ive never heard any bad stories about greddy bov's, just knockoffs. The tial 50mm is fine for any setup as long as you use the right spring. Many people talk about it(youll see vids of this on youtube) but thats cause they are not using the correct bov spring, which is how I killed my first turbo; once I got the correct spring it performed and reacted perfectly for me even as low as at 5psi. I would have kept my tial but just wanted something different strictly for sound preference, I gave mine to my buddy which Im sure will sound badass on his 35psi dsm haha.

I also have never heard a bad thing about Greddy BOV's, just the fact that there are tons of fake Greddy knock offs out there that you need to look out for. I've known a couple people running a Type-S with 30+psi and never havingf a problem.

The Tial 50mm is also a very nice BOV but doesn't make much sound at all on low boost.

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile
Member of J-Body Of Michigan.

Thursday, July 30, 2009 6:58 PM
[ion wrote: C2]Looks like he likes a Turbonetics Raptor.

Raptor???? Have you checked the profile lately? Try Tial 50mm.

Thursday, July 30, 2009 8:44 PM
I went straight to your CarDomain. You should change your profile to be blank and update one of them instead of trying to update both and having synchronization issues.

2001 Olds Alero (LD9)
636 whp / 543 ft-lb
@turboalero
Friday, July 31, 2009 3:02 PM
go with turbosmart. very good bov great sound to.

______________________________________________________________________________________________
~Using nitrous is like having sex with a hot chick with an STD, you wanna hit it, but your afraid of the consequences.~
Friday, July 31, 2009 9:23 PM
Get this. Skunk sends me a PM:
Skunk wrote:Last update was when on cardomain??? Last update on here was 7/22/09. I've had the tial since the beginning of this year. Do me a favor, know what you're talking about before saying something.

I was simply expressing my opinion on the greddy bov's. Too loud and obnoxious and too small.

I reply:
C2 wrote:Very professional.

I didn't look at your "last updated" date on your CarDomain. Relax. Why not delete your CarDomain then? I simply suggested you to have one page with your information instead of having two that don't align. Perfectly valid.

He sends back:
Skunk wrote:Wasn't trying to be professional. Just pointing out your inability to pay attention to more than one detail. Most people would read latest update, and maybe check there...or possibly check other posts by an individual before making false statements.

Sorry not a fan of people that assume things.

Upgrades Thread

Comical how cocky this guy is over nothing. He actually PMs me to let me know I was incorrect on mentioning what blow off valve he likes, because I was looking at an outdated page. Wow. Whoopdee-doo. I should make sure I read up on everything this guy modifies before I make a horrible mistake like that again. At least he gave me his "Upgrades Thread" link. Since he's such an important member of the J-Body Organization, now I can be sure I'm up to date on every modification he makes.

So you don't like the Raptor? It seems you did at one point. I didn't say you were using the Raptor now, I just said it looks like you liked it, since you used it other iterations of your modifications. No need to be an egotistical prick.

2001 Olds Alero (LD9)
636 whp / 543 ft-lb
@turboalero

Sunday, August 02, 2009 10:31 PM
Was out of posts...that's why you got the PM. All that would have been public had I had posts for it. Sorry you prefer loud obnoxious bov's. I would have gone to the Tial in the firstplace, it's always been my preferred BOV. I just didn't have the funding and the raptor was cheap at the time.

So in all actuality, no I don't like the raptor. It was a budget decision. Now that I've gotten past it, I will suggest the Tial to anyone looking for a bov that functions no questions asked, as oppose to one that only kinda works.

And...I am an egotistical prick. I also hate to have someone offer an opinion that is allegedly mine especially when basing it on out of date information. It's all fine and dandy to make wisecracks, but at least be accurate with them.

Monday, August 03, 2009 1:35 AM
Anywho, back on topic.

So Tial...which one would be nice? We have the 50mm, the Q and the Alpha Q...

On ATPturbo only the 50mm comes with different spring options; the other 2 do not.

Wednesday, August 05, 2009 9:44 AM
The alpha q is for recirculating systems, which you don't need. The Q flows allegedly 60% more than the standard 50mm. I run the 50mm, love it, and it seems to work just fine, if I end up with an extra couple hundred bucks layin around I'll upgrade, but it's not really needed. Although the Q is cheaper than the 50mm in the link below.

Both can be found here: No Limit Motorsport

Wednesday, August 05, 2009 10:39 AM
i have the hks ssqv black edition and its great

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search