Vulcan Turbo's M62 manifold for the 2.4 - Page 5 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Vulcan Turbo's M62 manifold for the 2.4
Monday, August 17, 2009 8:16 AM
Wade Jarvis wrote:
OEM wrote:Does vulcan plan on having an option for a catch can, or how about a different Tb. I know alot of people wont want to use a ECO TB.
Mark-OEM

Using an eco TB seems like the best route to me becuase there is not much room between the inlet of the sc and the battery. Making an adapter plate would leave you with less room then bolting the the tb to the sc unless the sc had a 90 degree bend then bolted on. However then it would really limit you on how your run your intake and air filter.

There are a few advantages to the eco tb too. Stock 2.4 tb is 52mm and can only be bored safely to 56mm. Stock eco tb is 56mm and SMG can bore them to 62mm. The only real downside I can see is that you would need spend about 30 bucks on an eco tb. Also if you had a bigger 2.4 tb then it would be un useable. Then again you could always sell it. I am probably going to include my 56mm bored out 2.4 tb with my m45 kit when I sell it.

A Ecotec 2.2 TB will not bolt up to the M62 without a adapter.

FU Tuning

Monday, August 17, 2009 9:36 AM
OEM wrote:
Wade Jarvis wrote:
OEM wrote:Does vulcan plan on having an option for a catch can, or how about a different Tb. I know alot of people wont want to use a ECO TB.
Mark-OEM

Using an eco TB seems like the best route to me because there is not much room between the inlet of the sc and the battery. Making an adapter plate would leave you with less room then bolting the the tb to the sc unless the sc had a 90 degree bend then bolted on. However then it would really limit you on how your run your intake and air filter.

There are a few advantages to the eco tb too. Stock 2.4 tb is 52mm and can only be bored safely to 56mm. Stock eco tb is 56mm and SMG can bore them to 62mm. The only real downside I can see is that you would need spend about 30 bucks on an eco tb. Also if you had a bigger 2.4 tb then it would be unusable. Then again you could always sell it. I am probably going to include my 56mm bored out 2.4 tb with my m45 kit when I sell it.

I am pretty sure that the TPS and IACV are not the same, as far as wiring goes. So rewiring would be needed. In my eyes a silicone 90 would be easier to attach then a rewiring job. The stock TB can be bored and sleeved to 65 where as the ECO can only go to around 63. I have bored out a ECO to 62 and it leave the walls very very thin almost to thin.The inlet of the supercharger is 2.75" also 69mm, so a 65-67 MM LD9 would be a better to me. I am not trying to start anything, just wanting to understand the reasoning. What about the PCV baffle, do you include them? Are your flanges O-ringed? Are the nipples welded or are they threaded brass fittings?

if you are sleeving/boring out the 2.4 tb, why not just by an ls1 tb and bolt it up to the s/c and not have an adapter?

my carDomain updated 8/10/09 Forged and no boost

Monday, August 17, 2009 9:55 AM
Everything bolts up to the LD9 and not to mention the cable bracket.

http://www.overkillengineeringmotorsports.com/
Monday, August 17, 2009 10:59 AM
John Higgins wrote:
Wade Jarvis wrote:
Mark-OEM

Using an eco TB seems like the best route to me becuase there is not much room between the inlet of the sc and the battery. Making an adapter plate would leave you with less room then bolting the the tb to the sc unless the sc had a 90 degree bend then bolted on. However then it would really limit you on how your run your intake and air filter.

There are a few advantages to the eco tb too. Stock 2.4 tb is 52mm and can only be bored safely to 56mm. Stock eco tb is 56mm and SMG can bore them to 62mm. The only real downside I can see is that you would need spend about 30 bucks on an eco tb. Also if you had a bigger 2.4 tb then it would be un useable. Then again you could always sell it. I am probably going to include my 56mm bored out 2.4 tb with my m45 kit when I sell it.

huh? even ive never worked on an ecotec before and know this is wrong. unless the 'kit' comes with an adapter i guess.... that could be it. if so nevermind.

Every time I scream "Release", I mean it, you know it. I feel the day. Black 7.
Monday, August 17, 2009 11:03 AM
z yaaaa wrote:
John Higgins wrote:
Wade Jarvis wrote:
Mark-OEM

huh? even ive never worked on an ecotec before and know this is wrong. unless the 'kit' comes with an adapter i guess.... that could be it. if so nevermind.

Let me say the Ecotec 2.2 TB will not bolt up to a Cobalt SS M62 without a adapter. I helped a local member with his M62 install on his 2.2 Ecotec cavalier. He had to get a adapter for his TB to mount to the charger.

FU Tuning

Monday, August 17, 2009 1:27 PM
For some dumb reason I was thinking that the jbody ecotec tb bolted right up. You guys are right. It does not bolt right up. And I knew that too. I forgot that the 03-05 gm performance parts m62 kit comes with a tb adapter. Brian knew this he just kept forgetting to mention it to me as we always were discussing other parts of the design on the phone.

As for the throttle body we may stick with an adapter plate and use the 2.4 tb and also have an option for an adapter plate to mount an ls1 tb.

As for the PCV baffle the plan is to make one similar to the gm one only cheaper. A seperate catch can can always be added if somone wants.

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Monday, August 17, 2009 1:33 PM
Ahh, sounds like a better plan to me.

Monday, August 17, 2009 1:55 PM
Monday, August 17, 2009 2:00 PM
I thought you guys were driving the car around? Testing it out? Has the car been turned on yet.

Monday, August 17, 2009 4:27 PM
i have a cobalt blower with the lsj tb on it if anyone is interested?

"It's called reading! Top to bottom, left to right... a group of words together is called a sentence. Take Tylenol for any headaches... Midol for any cramps."
Monday, August 17, 2009 6:43 PM
OEM wrote:I thought you guys were driving the car around? Testing it out? Has the car been turned on yet.

What gave you the idea that somone has been driving the car around? lol This is no rush job. We will take however much time is needed to make sure we get it done right the first time.

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Monday, August 17, 2009 6:47 PM
I need more black box pics, LOL!!

Jason
99 Z24 Supercharged
157hp/171tq - NA
190hp/170tq @ 6psi

LG0/LD9 for Life
Monday, August 17, 2009 8:25 PM
Wade Jarvis wrote:
OEM wrote:I thought you guys were driving the car around? Testing it out? Has the car been turned on yet.

What gave you the idea that somone has been driving the car around? lol This is no rush job. We will take however much time is needed to make sure we get it done right the first time.

Ouch.

Tuesday, August 18, 2009 1:22 PM
a 2.2 ecotec 2.2 cavalier TB does bolt up a m62 from the LSJ engine, using a thick paper gasket, and boring our the bolt holes on the TB itself, we bolted one up to my buddies m62...yes it wont bolt up by slapping it on, but bored the holes on the TB out, use a thick gasket ontop of the orange one that normally goes on the blower and your set...just something i though i would share, wether that tb will work on a Ld9 idk, but i kn ow it will bolt up a m62 fine

Tuesday, August 18, 2009 1:23 PM
ps: car ran for 7months using the 2.2 TB on the m62...and it ran fine, no cels, no bogging

Tuesday, August 18, 2009 1:25 PM
well since he is planning on having the ld9 tb for the charger work i am now selling a brand new not used smg 62 mm tb

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2623318

Tuesday, August 18, 2009 8:59 PM
Stoped by with Brian (speedracer).... The setup looks GREAT!

(along with all the other "goodies" laying around.)

And the intercooling...... Great idea! Water injection set up can be sold.

I look froward to being there\helping when the tuning goes down.

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Tuesday, August 18, 2009 9:55 PM
confident that we wont need the water injection kits?

Wednesday, August 19, 2009 1:44 PM
jared methe wrote:confident that we wont need the water injection kits?

shuldnt be needed...has brian updated you on what is going on? i believe u've already paid in full for yours correct? if you havent been updated on what is going on with the manifold set up, shoot me a PM

Thursday, August 20, 2009 3:03 PM
now you guys can see why i am so anxious to get the manifold hehe i fell in love with a supercharger again.

and oh baby yes it is ported

Thursday, August 20, 2009 3:08 PM
nice

"It's called reading! Top to bottom, left to right... a group of words together is called a sentence. Take Tylenol for any headaches... Midol for any cramps."

Thursday, August 20, 2009 7:22 PM
holy balls your gonna be flying what pulley?

8 psi with m62 and IAT under 100
Thursday, August 20, 2009 7:59 PM
Thursday, August 20, 2009 9:43 PM
nice

8 psi with m62 and IAT under 100
Friday, August 21, 2009 10:35 AM
jared methe wrote:2.8

wow O_o def a nice looking blower, ur gunna haul some ass w/that 2.8 on there...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search