Vulcan Turbo's M62 manifold for the 2.4 - Page 2 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Vulcan Turbo's M62 manifold for the 2.4
Friday, July 31, 2009 8:07 PM
keep us updated.

i can ruin this post and talk about brian when he was at exploited and a story/s about a car from another state come up that had a "kit" installed in my garage , but..... i wont as this is a different operation totally and it is too good of a post to be trash talking in.

Looks very impressive and i am eagerly awaiting results and pictures!!. If you guys can get this kit fabbed up, i think it will be a hit and put the company on the j body map.

good luck.

Friday, July 31, 2009 9:41 PM
give it a week or two and should be completely done. intercooled and all.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2623318

Friday, July 31, 2009 10:40 PM
blackbirdracing wrote:
Tinkles wrote:Bastard, us eco people need a higher flowing intake manifold...

go turbo...

I know, but i love the whine.

Tinkles

2003 Cavalier 1SV
Bagged and Blown

Saturday, August 01, 2009 8:37 AM
I was just down at Brians shop a few days ago and its coming along just fine. Ive been getting a lot of welding down by those guys and have seen some of the progress done on Wades car and its coming along great. And for any one doubting there craftman ship, they are worth every penny you spend with them!!! Nice and clean....

Saturday, August 01, 2009 10:13 AM
That manifold is gorgeous.

No I'm not making a black box joke (it's easy to get around the black box if you know what you're doing). Nice craftmanship.

- Interior FAQ -
J-Body of Michigan -
Saturday, August 01, 2009 11:05 AM
Raptor wrote:That manifold is gorgeous.

No I'm not making a black box joke (it's easy to get around the black box if you know what you're doing). Nice craftmanship.

yeah i know we forgot to change "them" after adding the black boxes on the important stuff

Saturday, August 01, 2009 5:55 PM
apparently some people were crying about what i said so i have edited it out.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Sunday, August 02, 2009 9:41 AM

Every time I scream "Release", I mean it, you know it. I feel the day. Black 7.
Saturday, August 01, 2009 9:45 PM
Well, seeing as this is not a GP but yet acting like it(with a list of names who are in and such) I don't see how you can keep this thread a 'private' thread. IMHO this is still a general conversation thread. I don't know if you meant that for me exactly, but I guess my input falls into the category. Until there is an actual GP, I don't see how you can keep out opinions and comments. Any thread started in designated public forums, fall into public hands. BF is a discussion forum, nothing more. If you want a private thread, start one in the P&M. Then start a legitimate GP in the proper forum. Not to mention how this thread is operating directly against the forum rules. I guess you could say the opinions and talk in here is to blame for this thread not getting locked?

"Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!" -Anonymous
Saturday, August 01, 2009 10:18 PM
looks like a turbo log manifold with a s/c attached and held together by black boxes

i could do better with duct tape

Sunday, August 02, 2009 7:26 AM
gotta love the j body org lol

Sunday, August 02, 2009 1:36 PM
we only made this post because the original post was just full of people talking about stuff . it was 24 or some odd pages this isnt even supposed to look like a gp just listed wade and i were funding this project to try and help the j body community with getting more mods made . t.

Sunday, August 02, 2009 2:56 PM
but anyway back to progress on this project brian has there been any progress made since last posted?

Sunday, August 02, 2009 11:24 PM
I worked on the internal cooler a bit this weekend but didnt get nearly as far as i had hoped, Once that is done the real progress will be made.
Monday, August 03, 2009 11:07 AM
Just asking once all done and said you won't have to buy a GM s/c kit? and use the parts from m45 kit exp the baffle? and dosen't OEM sell them?

Monday, August 03, 2009 12:30 PM
You won't need the m45 kit. You will need the 2 bar map sensor along with whatever you plan to use to tune with. I don't know for sure yet if you will need a slim pcv baffle or not. Also last I knew OEM had not finished their baffle.

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Monday, August 03, 2009 6:48 PM
the idler is a must, you need AT LEAST a 75% belt wrap angle.

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Monday, August 03, 2009 7:27 PM
Wade Jarvis wrote:You won't need the m45 kit. You will need the 2 bar map sensor along with whatever you plan to use to tune with. I don't know for sure yet if you will need a slim pcv baffle or not. Also last I knew OEM had not finished their baffle.

Stupid question i think i know the M45 comes with a 2 bar but only for a 00-02 Z24 what if its for a 97-99 will this be the same idea smaller starter ect? and can you hook up a 2bar to a 97-99 sorry have asleep will talk more tomorrow lol

Monday, August 03, 2009 8:16 PM
Im not sure if you would need the smaller 00-02 starter or not. You can not just plug the 2 bar map into a pre 2000. The ECU needs the gm reflash 2 bar tune to make sense of the 2 bar readings.

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Tuesday, August 04, 2009 12:20 PM
96-99 LD9's will accept a 2 bar map sensor... it clips right in. You'll just need to redo your tune via HPT with a fake 2 bar setup to run it.

I would assume you'd need a smaller starter too, that charger looks big.

I'm curious to see what extra brackets this thing is going to use to hold it up.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Tuesday, August 04, 2009 1:19 PM
Works with OE starter. The intercooler cooler is a little over half done, they take a lot longer to make than i expected.
Tuesday, August 04, 2009 1:37 PM
Wade Jarvis wrote:Im not sure if you would need the smaller 00-02 starter or not. You can not just plug the 2 bar map into a pre 2000. The ECU needs the gm reflash 2 bar tune to make sense of the 2 bar readings.

Ok thank you

SweetnessGT wrote:96-99 LD9's will accept a 2 bar map sensor... it clips right in. You'll just need to redo your tune via HPT with a fake 2 bar setup to run it.

I would assume you'd need a smaller starter too, that charger looks big.

I'm curious to see what extra brackets this thing is going to use to hold it up.

-Chris-

I wasn't 100% sure if the 2bar would clip in but thank you

Vulcan Turbo, LLC wrote:Works with OE starter. The intercooler cooler is a little over half done, they take a lot longer to make than i expected.

once these do go on sell will you always make them?

Tuesday, August 04, 2009 3:14 PM
Vulcan Turbo, LLC wrote:Works with OE starter. The intercooler cooler is a little over half done, they take a lot longer to make than i expected.

Since you are mocking up on Wade's car and it is a 00+ I'm sure it fits, but pre 00 had a thicker/larger starter. Do you have plans to test it out to see if it clears?

FU Tuning

Tuesday, August 04, 2009 3:15 PM
^^Good point

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Tuesday, August 04, 2009 4:15 PM
John Higgins wrote:

Since you are mocking up on Wade's car and it is a 00+ I'm sure it fits, but pre 00 had a thicker/larger starter. Do you have plans to test it out to see if it clears?

LOL....

Didn't know you could get a NON OE starter for the LD9/LD2/LG0.....

I want to see a pic of how it can work with out a idler also.

Or, Can Brian (speedracer) and myself stop down and see?

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Tuesday, August 04, 2009 5:43 PM
Ah i didnt know the older models had a larger starter, it MAY fit, but i cant guarantee that. In any case sure if you want to stop by go for it!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search