EvoFire's M62 Progress - Page 2 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: EvoFire's M62 Progress
Friday, August 14, 2009 3:53 AM
is there not a way to make it more flush mount? or is it and the pics just look like it's not flush?

my carDomain updated 8/10/09 Forged and no boost

Friday, August 14, 2009 9:05 PM
if you can round the corner like this one i made. It is hard to see but i ran a 1/8 radius cutter all the way around. But looking good and keep up the good work

If your interested in custom aluminum tilt wheel levers hit me up!
Saturday, August 15, 2009 1:07 AM
well guys the cover is on and working. Here is a quick cell phone pic. Ill post more tomorrow night.

Saturday, August 15, 2009 10:29 PM
Well everyone, I know you are probably bored to death with this thread, OH WELL!!! lol
Here is the valve cover put on and working with now leaks, and no issues with the ICM or any or the wiring. I rotated the ground wire on the back of the block 90* and it fit perfect. The white cover is a template only, and on Monday is being taken off and made out of aluminum. I will either have 2.2 supercharged milled into it, or leave it plain and polish the hell out of it so it matches the blower. Hope you enjoy the progress.

Sunday, August 16, 2009 12:03 AM
looks good, look really good, i have wanted a LSJ valve cover just to have a smooth cover...

Monday, August 17, 2009 5:11 AM
what did u to fill in the other cam hole of the vavle cover?

Monday, August 17, 2009 10:14 AM
Krzy Z wrote:what did u to fill in the other cam hole of the vavle cover?

im the second and third pictures down u can see the gasket i used It's a half moon shaped gasket off of a DSM.

Friday, August 28, 2009 5:43 AM
It will be good to hear my baby back on a car screaming her lungs out at 6,000RPM or higher

Someone posted that the 36lbs/hr injectors wont work with a 2.9"........... he's fine. I never went over 11.5:1 with the 2.9" As a matter of fact I had to lean it out.....

He will be spraying Meth also so he's plenty good, he has at least 1whole point that it will richin up using the Meth. I think at stock pressure with Meth I was in the 10s and after I leaned it out (decrease FP) I brought it to a steady 11.5:1 under load or WOT. Car ran great. I was going to go smaller because I had so much fuel left with no clipping but never got around to it after starting the new project.

Looks Good Chris

ASE Master Certified Automotive Technician

Friday, August 28, 2009 7:40 AM
CaliforniaDomestics wrote:
Someone posted that the 36lbs/hr injectors wont work with a 2.9"........... he's fine. I never went over 11.5:1 with the 2.9" As a matter of fact I had to lean it out.....

Just because you were the one person who got lucky and didnt lean out with 36# injectors doesnt mean that he will too.

Tinkles

2003 Cavalier 1SV
Bagged and Blown

Friday, August 28, 2009 12:15 PM
HAHA!!! Thanks for the vote Alan. I can't wait to get it in. I still have too much to buy though. I need to stop spending money.

Sunday, August 30, 2009 1:34 PM
i ran 36 lbs injectors w/ a 2.0 pulley also and never had any problems.

Lifted, 4x4, Pearl white, and 1.9 RC

Monday, August 31, 2009 12:05 AM
Snowman wrote:i ran 36 lbs injectors w/ a 2.0 pulley also and never had any problems.

I think he means a 3.0 inch pulley.

The 2.9 can easily be done on the gm flash guys. you have to remember that my blower is ported, so PSI isnt as high, but cfm is higher. and the AFPR will allow for the fuel to be adjusted.

Monday, August 31, 2009 9:57 AM
i meant 2.9 sorry..........i have a bigger fuel pump and afpr

Lifted, 4x4, Pearl white, and 1.9 RC
Thursday, September 10, 2009 4:11 PM
I got my alternator, and belt, and 4 inch intake setup in the other day!!! GO ME!

Saturday, September 19, 2009 12:05 AM
Here is the unpainted/finished finished product. I milled it today on a manual mill that is older then me, and I will paint it one day, or polish it or something. It all true and square now, and looks great.

Tuesday, March 30, 2010 6:18 PM
HAHAHA.... due to the holidays, and stuff like that this kinda got put on hold. However i am picking it back up soon, and hope to be driving it at 230ish HP by the end of the year. i need a few thigns still, and then i should be set. I need injectors, and the tune, as well as a heat exchanger pump (and all that is associate with it) and the meth kit. Other then that i think i am good.

Tuesday, March 30, 2010 6:42 PM
I saw this bumped and i was just gonna ask: Has this thing gotten supercharged yet? I guess not.

Wednesday, March 31, 2010 11:15 AM
anyone know where i can get a bypass valve actuator at?

Thursday, April 01, 2010 6:01 AM
Call me

ASE Master Certified Automotive Technician

Thursday, April 01, 2010 11:13 AM
ive tried a couple times with no answer, and text u a few times also.

Thursday, April 01, 2010 2:47 PM
Do want that LSJ valve cover. Good job sir. Now get it boosted and goin'

M62, 42's, ZZP 3", ZZP S3 H/E
214whp 190wtq

Thursday, April 01, 2010 2:53 PM
2+ years for a simple supercharger install is rediculous. Get the ball rollin or hand off the setup to someone else...

"You can only feed them semen for so long before their legs fall off."

Thursday, April 01, 2010 3:05 PM
Senorguitar wrote:2+ years for a simple supercharger install is rediculous. Get the ball rollin or hand off the setup to someone else...

you guys freaking crack me up. this thread was started in august of last year....thats not two years...i agreed to purchase the blower in the late parts of 08...thats still not two years. but whatever. like i have said time and time again. when i have the money i will finish it. There are things more important to me in life then my car, and when the time comes the car will be finished.

Monday, August 09, 2010 1:11 PM
bumpity bump. purchased injectors last night. the only thing i am waiting on is the shipping quote for my PCM...

Monday, August 09, 2010 3:21 PM
EvoFire wrote:bumpity bump. purchased injectors last night. the only thing i am waiting on is the shipping quote for my PCM...

chris, what injectors are you using? are you still going to run the lsj's or are you going to get some 42's?

Eat my shift
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search