EvoFire's M62 Progress - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
EvoFire's M62 Progress
Sunday, August 09, 2009 9:53 PM
I just finished purchasing Alan's (CaliforniaDomestics on the jbody.org) almost complete kit. He will be helping me install it after I purchase a few other parts that are needed. I estimate (with his help) that for around 1200-1300 dollars, I will be pushing 250 hp on a stock motor. The blower is ported to 75 MM by Steigmeier.

Alan was running the 2.9 pulley, 36 lbs injectors, a Aeromotive AFPR, meth, and the Cobra h/e setup, and his peak HP was 248 and some change...averaged out at like 235ish for all the times he went to the dyno. He did NOTHING with the GM reflash since of course you cant. He ran the reflash and thats it...

Here is a pic from when it was in his car...

Here are a few others..

Now to go on top of that, I will be running a LS1 TB. Of course with this will come a nice HPTune. I bought a adaptor from a member on the org, and worked on a few things.

I bolted the TB to it se we can see what it will look like. The top is the part with the standoff on it that will hold the throttle and cruise cables. I MIGHT use this one, and remake that standoff to only have the slot for the throttle cable as I have no cruise. Then I will ask my roommate to redo a few of the welds, and just cut new ends.

And the last part of this project is to put the LSJ valve cover on the L61 head.

These are a few parts I need to order to make this complete. The coilpack is moddified to work now, and was the first piece that I did anything on. The valve cover is painted and ready. I jsut need to order these parts, and get the half moon from my DSM buddy, and I am set.

Just bought the fuel rail cover that I want. I bought it used from PJ from jbody.org....
Also I updated a bunch of parts with links in the post about this.

GMPartsDirect wrote:
GM PART # 12787627
CATEGORY: Engine Camshaft & Valve Rocker Hardware
PACK QTY: 1
CORE CHARGE: $0.00
GM LIST: $20.48
OUR PRICE: $12.15
DESCRIPTION: COVER

This is the cover that goes in the middle of the valve cover.

Pj came to the rescue again...NAPA EC144 or AcDelco PT787...those are the part numbers for the plugs I will need to make my extension.

Here are a few of the painted cover...Should I gloss it of leave it flat black?

Here is a list of a few things that i am still looking to get.
Racetronix Fuel pump
Fuel Pressures Gauge
Cobra H/E Pump
Pump Harness and Relay
Misc Hoses for H/E setup
Aeromotive AFPR
Interceptor Gauge
Wideband Gauge
Upper Radiator hose
Supercharger belt
Meth Kit

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, August 09, 2009 9:57 PM

Re: EvoFire's M62 Progress
Sunday, August 09, 2009 9:58 PM
Built head, cams, forged rods/piston, meth, and some nitrous and you'll have a pretty sweet set-up there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, August 09, 2009 10:02 PM

Tinkles

2003 Cavalier 1SV
Bagged and Blown

Sunday, August 09, 2009 9:59 PM
all are planned except nitrous. I cant wrap my head around that yet.

Sunday, August 09, 2009 10:01 PM
Normally I'd say leave it flat black, but would probably go gloss since the sc is polished.

Sunday, August 09, 2009 10:03 PM
CHAD??? Ur still alive??? I am actually thinking flat would make the contrast nice. The spark plug cover will be polished whenever I get/make one.

Monday, August 10, 2009 3:28 AM
What is that pigtail for?

FU Tuning

Monday, August 10, 2009 10:14 AM
The pigtail will be used to make an extension for my ICM to the coilpack.

Monday, August 10, 2009 10:19 AM
Spiffy like I think keep it flat black

JGM T-SHIRTS!!!!

In Loving Memory of Phil Martin December 14 2005
Alexis: Dustin, you're ghey, lol. I am better. I have tits, and tits rule all.

Monday, August 10, 2009 5:41 PM
that looks pretty damn sexy.

Tuesday, August 11, 2009 3:59 PM
looks tits, dam i want that charger!

2 things tho, 1, i thought that valve cover couldn't fit our cars due to our power steering?, and 2, correct me if i'm wrong but you should be buying new injectors, 36lbs seems pretty small for a 2.9, should be picking up from 60 lbs'ers

Tuesday, August 11, 2009 4:04 PM
Gary, read here and you will see that it indeed will work. I got a gasket from DSM that gets rid of the issue I woulda had.
http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=2&i=439012&t=437508#439012

Also, I will be using an AFPR to help with the injector issue. The car this was on before mine ran fine wiht 36's...

when the LS1 TB goes on, i will get bigger injectors.... Ill be running the stock tb and stuff til I am comfortable driving a boosted car.

Tuesday, August 11, 2009 4:20 PM
awww well done sir! never even seen that thread, will look exellent.

i'm sure it will run fine, but I'm guessing you would be maxing the duty cycle out. but either way good luck, get it on!

Tuesday, August 11, 2009 4:28 PM
The valve cover is ready to go on. I decided against the relocation of the icm. I think that flatness of that area would be a eye sore, so I am going to clean up the ICM I have, and make it look good. Tomorrow I will have the cover plate made at work, and this weekend we can install the cover!!!!!

Tuesday, August 11, 2009 6:24 PM
EVOFire {DesertTuners} wrote:Gary, read here and you will see that it indeed will work. I got a gasket from DSM that gets rid of the issue I woulda had.
http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=2&i=439012&t=437508#439012

Also, I will be using an AFPR to help with the injector issue. The car this was on before mine ran fine wiht 36's...

when the LS1 TB goes on, i will get bigger injectors.... Ill be running the stock tb and stuff til I am comfortable driving a boosted car.

"Ran fine" is a ambiguous phrase.

36 lb injectors ran fine on my car too, but It would lean out at higher rpm to 13:1 +

At least 42's for any pulley smaller than stock.

Tuesday, August 11, 2009 9:16 PM
Ok, So I just made the template to make the coil cover for the valve cover. Basically, I am going to leave the ICM in its stock location due to the fact that if I leave the area flat it will remind me too much of a Honda, and I dont want that. It will look good though. I am going to make the part tomorrow or sometime this week, and hopefully we will be able to bolt this cover on at a meet this weekend.

I also got the stage 2 cobalt belt off of the same guy I got the alternator from. I am well on my way now. Things are coming off the list now... LOVE IT!

Wednesday, August 12, 2009 5:29 AM
i gotta see how this valve cover install goes, i have an Lsj cover just sitting under my bench that i wanted to install.

Wednesday, August 12, 2009 11:05 AM
look good where did u get that eaton piece u have on your blower, i have been looking for one for a while now

Wednesday, August 12, 2009 11:58 AM
what eaton piece are you talking about?

Wednesday, August 12, 2009 12:18 PM

that one

Wednesday, August 12, 2009 12:20 PM
That it not an Eaton part. That is the badging from Steigmeier, the company the ported the inside and polished the outside.

Wednesday, August 12, 2009 12:26 PM
EVOFire {DesertTuners} wrote:That it not an Eaton part. That is the badging from Steigmeier, the company the ported the inside and polished the outside.

ahhh ok lol, i thought it eas a eaton badge or something since i saw it on a few eaton blower....

Wednesday, August 12, 2009 12:35 PM
Jn2 wrote:
EVOFire {DesertTuners} wrote:That it not an Eaton part. That is the badging from Stiegemeier, the company the ported the inside and polished the outside.

ahhh ok lol, i thought it was a eaton badge or something since i saw it on a few eaton blower....

it's for special people. haha. few yes because it's costly to have it ported and polished. let alone be without boost while it's at their shop.

my carDomain updated 8/10/09 Forged and no boost

Wednesday, August 12, 2009 9:25 PM
The cover is all made minus drilling and boring the wholes for the mount bolts. Ill do those tomorrow. I will use this one until i get tires of it and decide to have a aluminum one made. I ahve the measurements, and it only took about 45 minutes to make this at work today.

Thursday, August 13, 2009 2:05 AM
looking good, interested to see what numbers you put down with the ls1 tb I just finished making one for my car as well and need to get the tps pigtail for my harness before I can use the tb and and adaptor. Hope the valve cover comes out good as well, I think it will look great.

Thursday, August 13, 2009 9:25 PM
Latest Update. The top plate is on and ready to go. This will be on the car tomorrow night barring any major setbacks.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search