What is a fuel system? - Page 2 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: What is a fuel system?
Tuesday, February 14, 2006 4:59 PM

Yeah, thats all wrong...

Remember, an FPR closes to increase fuel pressure (think of water flowing in a hose, you cap the end of the hose, the water pressure in the hose increases).

The FPR's job is to increase or decrease the fuel pressure in the rail in relation to atmospheric pressure, up to the point where boost is made. After that, most FPR's increase fuel pressure in a 1:1 ratio, or 1 PSI fuel pressure increase for 1 PSI boost increase.

An FMU takes over where the FPR leaves off, by increasing the fuel pressure in greater ratio's per PSI of boost. So a 5:1 FMU increases the fuel pressure 5 PSI for every 1 PSI of boost.

Make a little more sense?

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Thursday, February 16, 2006 1:55 PM
Okay, so why would you really need the FPR, cause the computer settings control the fuel out of boost....Or is it only to dial back larger injectors?

Thursday, February 16, 2006 5:08 PM
still the computer can on do so much with the fuel control, its either to turn down the fuel pressure for larger injectors or if its a rrfp it raises the fuel pressure per psi of boost

saturn 5speed turbo 8psi
93' z24 grand prix turbo 3.1 swap, crane 272 cam, 3100 hybrid top end swap, t04b turbo
Wednesday, March 22, 2006 7:01 PM
in-line fuel pumps? any comments about them?

instead of doing a intake fuel pump, can you just add a in-line pump and achieve the same effect?

Friday, April 07, 2006 2:54 PM
Eliot wrote:Great info Ron. This thread should be !!!STICKY!!! and added to the FAQs.

Also I will add this info too.

2.2 and 2200 Injectors:
-99 --> 17Lb/Hr (178.5cc/min) Low impedance (2-6 Ohms)

PoundinFire wrote:95-97 2.2 injectors are high impedance, don't know about any of the others though.

which one is correct? are the 95-97 2.2 injectors low impedence or high impedence?

Monday, April 10, 2006 9:50 PM
Quote:

which one is correct? are the 95-97 2.2 injectors low impedence or high impedence?

The 2.2 OHV side feed injectors are 16 Ohms each.
2200 top feed injectors may be high or low impedance.

-->Slow
Sunday, April 16, 2006 5:23 PM
If the FMU has to come after the FPR, where exactly would I put it on my car? It is a 02 with the 2.2
Sunday, April 16, 2006 6:22 PM
Somewhere on the fuel line after the FPR.

Sunday, April 16, 2006 6:39 PM
I don't want to sound dumb, but thats probably gonna happen anyway, is the FPR on the return line, or the feed line, and exactly how would i hook up the FMU?

Thanks
Sunday, April 16, 2006 6:46 PM
Yes, the FPR is on the return line, basically you cut the return line and put the FMU in between, where you cut it.

Thursday, June 15, 2006 1:55 PM
for injectors will an injector from a 2.3 HO fit in my 98 2.4?

Thursday, June 15, 2006 4:39 PM
Yes, but they are not good injectors to use for boost.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006 2:29 AM
When turboing a 2200, with an inline fuel pump, is it alright to use a fixed rate FMU (12:1). I am only going to run 8psi of boost, and keep the stock injectors.
Wednesday, September 20, 2006 7:23 PM
No, you'll make things worse with stock injectors. They clip at about 80 psi, so adding an external pump and a huge FMU, you'll just be clipping and going lean faster.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006 8:04 PM
Does anyone have a reccommendation for injectors, and the resulting level of fuel pressure I should use to compliment my 8psi of boost?
Saturday, January 26, 2008 4:28 PM
do u have to have a fuel management unit or will a fpr work only running 6/8 psi
Tuesday, January 29, 2008 2:24 PM
FPR will not work for any amount of boost.

Monday, April 07, 2008 7:02 AM
If I have a stock fuel pump but its brand new would just adding a different injectors work well for me- not looking to pound the pavement right now just want engine to run properly

Monday, May 04, 2009 11:02 PM
Ok I am going to put somewhere between 8 to 10 psi on my eco I am going to buy the begi fmu, what do you guys recomend for injectors and what else is a must for fuel system upgrades...

Saturday, August 29, 2009 8:01 PM
Ok, I wanted to know where will the Fuel Management Unit vacuum line hook up to ? If I installed Fuel Management Unit then where will I hook up vacuum line to ? Fuel Management Unit to Throttle Body ? or Fuel Management Unit to Fuel Regulator ? That I want to know. Let me know. Thanks
Sunday, August 30, 2009 11:10 AM
And 1 more thing that I wanna ask. I wanted to know will that be fine if I run my Supercharger with 2.7 pulley thats about 5 to 7 psi of boost and I put in Fuel Management Unit 8:1 will that be good enough for my car ? Let me know. Thanks

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search