Official GM Supercharger Pre 00 Information Sticky - Page 4 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Official GM Supercharger Pre 00 Information Sticky
Thursday, January 07, 2010 4:12 PM
Bobby(Blown&Pullied) wrote:I wrote exactly what you need in the sticky. Just read it.

And that's exactly what got me motivated to supercharge my 97 Cavy and buy Jareds supercharger.
Good luck with it and hope you get that chance to be boosted.

Misnblu.com
Newbie member since 1999
Thank you Dave and JBO!

Friday, January 08, 2010 7:43 AM
my post got put on twice
Friday, January 08, 2010 7:44 AM
CraiGM wrote:
Robert Nitzsche wrote:i have a 99 z24 with an 01 motor in it im looking to install a gm supercharger on it...i need to know what exactly i all need to do for this to be installed properly..what i all need to buy to make it run perfect, do i need to take it anywhere?? i need all the tips and pointers any of you ..it would be greatly appreciated

Upgrade your injectors and find a tuner. Dont even think about driving it without a tune. Its not going to happen.
where an d how do i find a tuner??
Friday, January 08, 2010 8:57 AM
Look around at some of the performance shops in your area.
There's alway some kind of car enthusiasts that meet or hang out that may be able to give you some information on where to go to have some tuning done to your car.

Check out the regions section of this site to see who is close to you that may have the capability to tune your car. You can PM them and then establish a communication to get you going with your car.
Good luck man.

Misnblu.com
Newbie member since 1999
Thank you Dave and JBO!

Sunday, January 10, 2010 11:18 AM
ok, i will check around for some, and for the injectors, whats a good place to find some and what is the best size and brand for this particular mod?? i know i sound like im kind of a retard, but i dont wanna mess this up i wanna get it done right the first time...im lookin to cam it also what is a good dergree and stuff for this also ?
Tuesday, August 24, 2010 9:43 PM
my buddy has a z24 an wants 2 supercharge it were you guys buy your supercharger kits at?
Monday, January 17, 2011 4:42 AM
I have the GM install Guide if anyone needs a PDF copy.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Monday, January 17, 2011 10:52 AM
I could use the guide if you can email it to me.

Thank you sir.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, January 17, 2011 5:09 PM

Misnblu.com
Newbie member since 1999
Thank you Dave and JBO!

Friday, April 15, 2011 1:47 AM
Am I all alone with my 97 2.2ohv automatic??? I like boost too!!
Thursday, December 29, 2011 3:15 PM
Ok 1997 Z24 5 speed. Swapping a blown motor out and I have contemplated the GM supercharger a few times and ruled it out before. This is my last time considering the topic before installing a used 1997 2.4 with 73k on it. A few questions.

*New York state requires it pass the OBD 2 scan test. Will this cause it to fail that test ? What about the EGR delete?

* I notice some one posted about using the stock 1 bar map sensor and using up tune, is this the most up to date solution?

* would an in line piggyback fuel pump work with larger injectors? Like the cobalt Ss could you just increase voltage to the stock pump? Is the FMU and the adjustable FPR required or does HP tune solve this as well?

* I have always stuck with autolite finewire platinums for tuning, will these be cold enough ? I am converting to MAR ignition with wires as well, unless there is a problem with that and tuning.

If there is a solution to any of the issues please let me know, I am planning next 30 days for engine swap, I would like to figure this out pretty quickly. Also any one rochester, buffalo area with HP tune info if this is a go, please PM me, as of now I will be planning mcquillans in Leroy to finish the tuning, if they have time.
Thursday, December 29, 2011 6:06 PM
Forgot to add this in there:

*venom vcn-400 for the 1997 could this replace a reflash/HP tune ? It seems to be a pretty far reaching piggy back programmer.

Thanks again.

Thursday, May 16, 2013 9:23 PM
i have seen some peeps asking stuff and i need to ask myself but i will first asnser somthing i was asking for awail will a m90 or a m62 s/c work well i have heard yes no
what i did was do what i think is the right thing to do dont screw with it if you really want to s/c your car get what you no others or using not what you have heard!!
my car is a 99 2.4 cavi i just got my m45(and yes i waited and kept looking intlll i finaly got one with pritty much with all i need to run it.
that brings me to what i need to ask,i am about to put it on this weekend and want to be sure before i start i have did alot of reading and and checking what makes cents of what will fit and wont.
my s/c came internaly port and polished
i got most of what was on the car that it was being used on.
i have 3 pulley 3 belts 2.8 2.7 2.5(and i will only be using the 2.8)
all mounts,rc330 inj,fmu.boost gauge intake piping (with drilled hole for meth inj(going to plug for now)
things i believe can be ansered in this thread is.
1.is there anything that is going to be in the way i need to remove after i pull the intake off?(alt, p/s res, a/c, tensioner, vac lines,ect)
2 from what i can see the throatle linkage can be fliped over?
3.should i change the vac lines going to the t/b or just exstand them?(or are they going to fit with out messing with them?)
4on my fmu i have a inlet and outlet and one on the top do i just tap it into the vac line going to the stock fpr(line into the fmu and out to the fpr?)
5. is the line on top of my fmu(little one)for the boost gauge?)if not where to you hookup the boost gauge to and what is that for?
6. i do plan on taking into a shop to get it dyno checked(need to find one) is it ok to drive it with out first getting it dyno checked?
i seem to of heard mixed things about using fmu some peeps say it is ok(stand alone)and it wont run lean maybe rich?
and do i need a ajustable fpr? or one to tap into the ecu like a neo or neo2 to ajust the f/p under different rpm range?
any info would be great thx
and i would like to thank all the peeps that take the time to sit and anser all the things that we ask over and over lol.
with out you guys we would be fxxked lol!!!!!!
Saturday, May 25, 2013 4:15 PM
Anyone have a copy of the PDF for the install manual they can send me? Trying to help Robby ^ here install his s/c today

Been sooo long since I did one, I can't remember the vacuum lines, belt routing, or the finer details... thanks!

John.
Sunday, May 26, 2013 10:03 AM
I've got an original manual in my car. I could scan it in for you if you still need it.

2010 Subaru Impreza WRX Limited
1999 Cavalier Z24 Supercharged
1999 Grand AM SE (Beater Car)
1997 GMC Sierra
2007 Honda CBR 600RR
2005 Honda TRX450R
Wednesday, December 18, 2013 4:43 AM
Bobby(Blown&Pullied) wrote:^^ Hey mine is a 99 automatic also......Weren't you having problems using the 2k ecu? I thought I remembered you saying your rpm needle or speedo wouldnt work? Damn thats one thing I would really like to try for the heck of it.....
I notice ur car is for sale how much and where u located?

[carphotos.cardomain.com/images/0016/22/90/16022209_large.jpg]
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search