Official GM Supercharger Pre 00 Information Sticky - Page 3 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Official GM Supercharger Pre 00 Information Sticky
Tuesday, January 15, 2008 2:33 PM
ian, search the forums, its on here somewhere, posted by john piparo (batman)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
- Sold my beloved J in April 2010 -

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 9:09 PM
oh i dont need it done, mines fine. i found one for sale that needs a rebuild kit.

Re: Official GM Supercharger Pre 00 Information St
Sunday, February 17, 2008 11:20 AM
i have a 97 sunfire gt with the 2.4l what would u guys recommend for boosting accel/ torque on a low budget, i have intake and exhaust but my car is still very sluggish with slow accel, i could care less about top end i mostly just want stop light to stop light speed as i dont drive anywhere except locally in my car. any ideas, also whats the price for the s/c kit in full.
Saturday, March 22, 2008 7:17 PM
How do I know wich rc engineering injectors I need for a 98 2.4l

Sunday, April 27, 2008 8:59 PM
supercharged 99 still running strong!

Portage, MI
Tuesday, April 29, 2008 11:10 AM
First post.

I'm looking at doing this in the future. How do you guys rate the strength of the rotating assembly? I know when I was wallowing in the world of SBC's the newer LS blocks could handle a LOT of HP on the stock bottom end. Is it possible to re-wire the engine bay with a harness and computer from a '99 and use the new injectors and no EGR? I have to locate a donor car and figure out what is compatable and what isnt. What have you put on as far as pulleys to increase boost, and what did it bump up to? For $2k and being able to keep up with the stock stangs, I'd do it.
Monday, May 19, 2008 1:54 PM
Ok after reading everything here I still don't know what to get, I am fairly new to this but would like some help on what to purchase for a 1999 z24 with the 2.4.
I am doing this for my son and would like to get it right.
I used to be into stock muscle cars back in the 80's but really like the tuner stuff!!

check out our cavi at car domain http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2676517

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Dan
Friday, May 30, 2008 6:34 AM
How much is the kit from GMPD. I need the part #, I am thinking of ordering one.

http://www.overkillengineeringmotorsports.com/
Monday, September 29, 2008 10:39 AM
Looking to s/c my '97 Z, and I have read thru many of the posts on the subject thus far, only problem I really keep running into is What kit do I need, and what is the reasoning about swapping the starter for a 2k model? I have general working knowledge, so any and all feedback is welcome. Also if anyone has already done this upgrade let me know what direction you went and if you have a parts list need for this year that would be great. I am looking to get this all done sometime this coming winter, so the sooner the better! Thanks for all the help in helping me get this done.
Monday, October 20, 2008 4:50 PM
Hey, I have a 1999 sunfire GT that I am going to put the GM supercharger on. I have the LC-1 innovative motorsports kit, the Cartech fmu, and an accel fuel regulator. I am swapping all of this from another 1999 sunfire GT to mine. Is there anyone in the GTA area that could help me with the tuning aspect of this because I am not very familiar with it. Do i need to buy HP Tuners to do this???
Thanks Mike
Sunday, January 25, 2009 11:55 PM
Quick question...when i get a supercharger put on my 96 sunfire (2.4l twin cam) where can i go to get it tuned? Will a dealership do it for me, even though my car isn't in the 2k's?

Wednesday, February 18, 2009 2:05 PM
^^^^ i have the same question actually, would the gm dealer tune my supercharger even tho its not exactly designed to go with my 98 z24
Wednesday, February 18, 2009 2:15 PM
No, a dealer has no way of doing this. You either need to run an FMU, have someone with HPTuners to tune it, a combination of both, or run a standalone system such as MegaSquirt.

2010 Subaru Impreza WRX Limited
1999 Cavalier Z24 Supercharged
1999 Grand AM SE (Beater Car)
1997 GMC Sierra
2007 Honda CBR 600RR
2005 Honda TRX450R
Monday, February 23, 2009 12:22 PM
Hi, first of all I wanted to tell you that I had 97 Cavalier Z24 2.4L and I swap in Supercharger in my car. I did everything with my car I swap out Silverado 1500 Fuel Pump in my car, put in Corvette Accel Fuel Regulator, Venom High Flow Fuel Injectors. And what I am seeing is that I dont feel any boost at all. I have my gauges reading boost but dont feel anything. Can you help me out how to get boost running for my car. That would help me out I would apprecaite it very much. Let me know. Thanks
Wednesday, February 25, 2009 6:44 PM
Whats evry1? ok yes im new at JBODYS so im going to ask if any1 knows were i can get a s/c for a 95 z24 2.3? i heard u can use the 2.4 kit but cant find it again. does any1 know some that could help me ? any help is welcome PLEASE.. thanks

Life is to short 4 bulls#*$.
Willpower is no match 4 horsepower!
Thursday, April 02, 2009 8:55 PM
i live in cali so the EGR bock off plate wont fly all 99 and up cavi, olds alero, grand am gt come with non egr exhaust so thats what im getting.

I just cant drive 55
Thursday, April 09, 2009 12:55 AM
Hi, I have a '99 sunfire GT w/ 2.4L. It has a gm sc kit on it, but the dealership claims that can't fix the issues on which are the RPM & water Temp guages don't work, the theft system, oil, water, battery, daytime running lights, and check engine lights are on, but these seem to be the only issues other then that it runs great. when the dealer installed they put a kind of calibration on it and thats when everything started. I was wondering if anybody figured out how to fix these issues. I have tried to get the calibration removed but then the car won't start. Can somebody please help, I have been at it for the past five months and can't get it to work. The only answer I get is go to the dealership, and they tell me well we can try to hook up a '00 bcm and harness, but they don't know if that will fix the issues. So, I can again can someone please help i'm short on time in hawaii and desperatly need help.
Sunday, May 17, 2009 6:45 AM
So from what I have read since we have a 99 z24 equipped with skinny injectors a smaller starter ect... all I need to get is an afpr to adjust the base idle pressure because of the larger injectors, and some sort of fuel management (i.e.- Cartech fmu, emanage, etc)
My question is will I need to reflash the computer with hp tuner... I just want to clarify.
Also the wideband o2, I guess I will have to do some datalogging for fuel/air mixture purposes...right?

thanks
Tuesday, June 09, 2009 10:08 AM
I have a 98 2.4L with the GMPP M45 running strong with stock FPR no FMU. I thought i would post here since the sticky is a bit outdated. With some expertise today and hptuners it is possible to do anything

GM Supercharger
I am using Racetrnoix 37lb high impedance injectors(you can use high or low impedance on pre 99 don't matter)
1 Bar Map sensor
EGR Block-off plate from GM
1999 2.4L EGR Block-off Plate: 24575505
1999 2.4L EGR Block-off Plate Gasket: 24573947
1999 2.4L EGR Block-off Plate Bolts: 11517518
00+ Starter(bolts right up)
Wideband - a must!!!!! if your not running the gm reflash
HPTuners - i was able to get a base tune from a Org member(dont think he wants me to name him) using 1 bar, then have a good friend modify it a little so it runs smoother.

Saturday, July 18, 2009 11:02 AM
Good information here if you can discern it correctly.
I've got a 97 with a looming purchase coming up. I'd never realized that we'd have to go through so much to have a supercharged ride.
But like everything with the car I've got, it's not been an easy road so this won't be any different in doing this build.
Good info people.

Misnblu.com
Newbie member since 1999
Thank you Dave and JBO!

Thursday, January 07, 2010 8:32 AM
i have a 99 z24 with an 01 motor in it im looking to install a gm supercharger on it...i need to know what exactly i all need to do for this to be installed properly..what i all need to buy to make it run perfect, do i need to take it anywhere?? i need all the tips and pointers any of you ..it would be greatly appreciated

Thursday, January 07, 2010 8:35 AM
i have a 99 z24 with an 01 motor in it im looking to install a gm supercharger on it...i need to know what exactly i all need to do for this to be installed properly..what i all need to buy to make it run perfect, do i need to take it anywhere?? i need all the tips and pointers any of you ..it would be greatly appreciated
Thursday, January 07, 2010 8:39 AM
Robert Nitzsche wrote:i have a 99 z24 with an 01 motor in it im looking to install a gm supercharger on it...i need to know what exactly i all need to do for this to be installed properly..what i all need to buy to make it run perfect, do i need to take it anywhere?? i need all the tips and pointers any of you ..it would be greatly appreciated

Upgrade your injectors and find a tuner. Dont even think about driving it without a tune. Its not going to happen.

Thursday, January 07, 2010 3:58 PM
Robert Nitzsche wrote:i have a 99 z24 with an 01 motor in it im looking to install a gm supercharger on it...i need to know what exactly i all need to do for this to be installed properly..what i all need to buy to make it run perfect, do i need to take it anywhere?? i need all the tips and pointers any of you ..it would be greatly appreciated

Did you not read this thread?
I'm sure there's some information here that would pertain the question at hand.
Maybe I'm overlooking something here.

Misnblu.com
Newbie member since 1999
Thank you Dave and JBO!

Thursday, January 07, 2010 4:10 PM
I wrote exactly what you need in the sticky. Just read it.

Car is for Sale!Supercharger kit is for sale!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search