So you want to buy an Ebay Turbo... - Page 2 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: So you want to buy an Ebay Turbo... (sticky)
Saturday, March 06, 2010 1:04 PM
Or you could replace the bearings and seals in the ebay one with quality parts before you use it. Then you shouldn't have a problem. Just depends on your mechanical skills.

The Outlaw
98 Pontiac Sunfire (Christine)
2200 5spd
Red with Black racing stripes.

Don't let the punks get to you. If they can't say anything helpful its because they probably
have VERY LITTLE IF ANY MECHANICAL SKILLS . Talking crap is just their way of hiding that
fact. They figure the more crap they say the less likley anyone will know how dumb they are.

Thursday, April 15, 2010 8:39 PM
i agree ebay is junk from first hand expierences, my wastegate opened way to early, the turbo i got is a winning lotto ticket though. i got almost 4k on it so far at 10 psi with no shaft play, very little oil burn and oil after its been idling for a couple minutes, never when driving and it spools great. am i happy, yes! would i get another one? hell no! i have a garrett in my garage just waiting to be installed but i want to see how many miles i can get out of this turbo

running rich? turn the boost up
Wednesday, July 14, 2010 7:02 PM
my ebay turbo ran 12.4 on a quarter mile but that was only for like 2,000 miles, then it went to @!#$, overheated, internals warped. @!#$ty biz
Tuesday, October 05, 2010 9:14 PM
Friday, November 05, 2010 2:49 AM
Interesting..

Saturday, August 13, 2011 10:56 PM
they did a bunch of articles on Hot Rod too about the ebay turbo builds...i think a lot of it is WHO on ebay you buy from, and who's installing it lol...if you really take care of your car and dont abuse it simply because its a turbo'd car, you'll be fine for the most part.

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Wednesday, September 28, 2011 6:18 PM
blu04DD wrote:they did a bunch of articles on Hot Rod too about the ebay turbo builds...i think a lot of it is WHO on ebay you buy from, and who's installing it lol...if you really take care of your car and dont abuse it simply because its a turbo'd car, you'll be fine for the most part.

so not true.

Friday, September 21, 2012 6:52 PM
7 years ago I bought an ebay Turbo for $150 and it was, and it is still good. You really have to do the car correctly with the right oil restrictor, and catch can. I screwed up my authentic garrett turbine seal, and I was too embarrassed to tell anybody about it. I'm alot less embarrassed about rocking the ebay turbo after that.

the only thing I recommend about turbocharging anything... have a reliable "stock" car as a daily driver and keep it properly maintained.

Sunday, February 17, 2013 9:03 AM
One thing i can add to this are ebay intercoolers are just fine for a dd. I have had 1 on my conquest and 2 of my audi a4's and never once had an issue with boost leaks, slow spool, over heating, etc. They always dropped my iat by atleast 20-25*. If you are pushing 500+hp yes invest in a big $$$$$ name brand fmic but for us street guys running 250-400hp they are just fine!

99 cavy 2200 AUTO 14.884 @ 93.88 mph w/ a 1.920 60ft.

Civics are like tampons every pussy has one!

98 Neon R/T 15.2 @ 91mph W/a 2.4 60ft I HAVE i,h,e
see what next yr brings...
Friday, March 17, 2017 3:02 PM
I got my turbo off of ebay sold by CX Racing. 4 years on my rear mount kit and now on my 3.8L swap turboed (turbo in engine bay). Never had any issues.

3800 SC Swapped
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search