Camaro screw in threaded IAT intake temp sensor - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Camaro screw in threaded IAT intake temp sensor
Sunday, June 25, 2006 11:20 PM
Ignore this thread only posting this (with the goofy title) so peopel can get some more dirrect search results.

Boosted cars need a threaded IAT sensor so boost pressures don't pop it out of the intake you can get an IAT sensor from Autozone, made by wells, part number SU107, you need a 5/8 drill bit and a 3/8-18 NPT tap to mount the sesonr, it plugs into stock wiring harness, no wiring required (At least on an 04). Some sort of sealant, just a tiny bit, aorund the threads is a good idea but not required. Total install time (assuming you have the proper tools handy) is about 5 minuets, very very simple.

Re: Camaro screw in threaded IAT intake temp sensor
Sunday, June 25, 2006 11:45 PM
i just have mine hanging.. well its wired in with the map sensor with the gm flash now

Re: Camaro screw in threaded IAT intake temp senso
Sunday, June 25, 2006 11:51 PM
msd makes one its like 15 bucks

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Monday, June 26, 2006 1:33 AM
is this the same one that screws right into the HO manifold? I was looking around for the part number the other day.

Sven you totally quarterloafed your computer..
Monday, June 26, 2006 5:18 AM
From GM it is #25036751
Monday, June 26, 2006 6:38 AM
Isnt this the one that screws into the ho manifold. Ive been searching for this number all night

Now Powered By TEAM GREEN

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/827643
boost will be soon for me....
Monday, June 26, 2006 7:08 AM
it also can be found on tbi cavaliers in thier intake tube as well.

Monday, June 26, 2006 7:20 AM
Jrobz23 wrote:is this the same one that screws right into the HO manifold? I was looking around for the part number the other day.

Thats what im wondering, are you talking about the threaded hole in the top?

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Monday, June 26, 2006 7:30 AM
WHITECAVY wrote:
Jrobz23 wrote:is this the same one that screws right into the HO manifold? I was looking around for the part number the other day.

Thats what im wondering, are you talking about the threaded hole in the top?

yes sir i am

Now Powered By TEAM GREEN

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/827643
boost will be soon for me....
Monday, June 26, 2006 7:51 AM
^^Ahh ok, thanks...

306 TQ
Monday, June 26, 2006 9:24 AM
the GM part # is also in the FAQ , someone said it was on page 2 i believe

Monday, June 26, 2006 9:47 AM
I just made this post a week ago Ryan.. Your such a boost newbie. lol jk

Ignore the crappy welds. Heres the Su107 14.99 at autozone

No splicing needed. plug and play.

Monday, June 26, 2006 12:40 PM
was it really a week ago? I found your thread which is where I got part number, but I had to search few quite a few threads that lead to nothing before coming acrost your post

Monday, June 26, 2006 12:56 PM
do anyone have a picture of one mounted in the 2.3 manifold on a 2.4? I need to get something like this and is part number

Quote:

From GM it is #25036751

thanks, post a picture too.

HP Tuners | Garrett T3/T04B | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | 650 Injectors | HO Manifold | Addco front/rear | Motor Mounts | HKS SSQV | Spec stage 3 | AEM UEGO Wideband | Team Green LSD | FMIC | 2.3 cams | 2.3 oil pump swap | 280WHP | Now ECOTECED

Monday, June 26, 2006 1:53 PM
I try to contribute my share to the org.

Monday, August 14, 2006 9:56 PM
What Camaro is this for? What year? V6/V8?

Monday, August 14, 2006 10:58 PM
mid 80's V8 tpi , its for the air box temp

Monday, July 07, 2008 7:26 PM
thanks

if you arent spraying your just playing !!!
Friday, July 11, 2008 6:13 PM
Darkstars wrote:Ignore this thread only posting this (with the goofy title) so peopel can get some more dirrect search results.

Boosted cars need a threaded IAT sensor so boost pressures don't pop it out of the intake you can get an IAT sensor from Autozone, made by wells, part number SU107, you need a 5/8 drill bit and a 3/8-18 NPT tap to mount the sesonr, it plugs into stock wiring harness, no wiring required (At least on an 04). Some sort of sealant, just a tiny bit, aorund the threads is a good idea but not required. Total install time (assuming you have the proper tools handy) is about 5 minuets, very very simple.

please tell me theres a screw that holds this in cause from what i can figure you its IMPOSSIBLE to TAP a 5/8 hole with a 3/8 tap

JBO since July 30, 2001
Monday, July 14, 2008 4:19 PM
you could get an o2 bung and weld it in

When in doupt, grub.
Monday, July 14, 2008 5:13 PM
Cheapest bung to weld in can be found at ACE hardware in the PIPE section, there are plenty of weldable pre-threaded fitting in the aisle. When I did mine I bought a $1.49 3/8ths to 3/4 transition and cut it in half. I wanted to go with the transition because when cut in half it flares so when you weld it there is room for welding error as most of us are not pro welders. Works great and is UBER easy to do. Better to have it truly functioning then to have it hanging.

ASE Master Certified Automotive Technician

Tuesday, July 15, 2008 6:34 PM
NOTa2_4 wrote:
Darkstars wrote:Ignore this thread only posting this (with the goofy title) so peopel can get some more dirrect search results.

please tell me theres a screw that holds this in cause from what i can figure you its IMPOSSIBLE to TAP a 5/8 hole with a 3/8 tap

yeah i was wondering this too.... im like WTF? what do you mean darkstars...

but thx for this info man.. i picked up mine the other day from autozone its not wells but its the same part... its from duralast and its the same su107...

Saturday, October 18, 2008 9:24 AM
Back from the dead

For those using this sensor, are you having trouble with the blue tempature thingy breaking off? Ive gone through 2 of these IAT sensors and its pissing me off.. What can be done to prevent it from breaking off all the time?

Thanks.

306 TQ
Saturday, October 18, 2008 11:23 AM
WHITECAVY wrote:Back from the dead

For those using this sensor, are you having trouble with the blue tempature thingy breaking off? Ive gone through 2 of these IAT sensors and its pissing me off.. What can be done to prevent it from breaking off all the time?

Thanks.

Ill check mine, its been in over a year, I don't know what could be causing yours to break off. I think mine may be recessed back in the bung a little bit.

Mitsu TD06-20g |3" Turbo-back Exhaust | 61mm Bored TB |
HP Tuners | Innovate WB02 | Spec Stage 3 | Team Green LSD | TurboTech Upper | Full Addco Sways | Sportlines & Yellows |
Saturday, October 18, 2008 4:00 PM
Thanks

306 TQ
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search