ammfab race ported ecotec head inside....... - Page 2 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: ammfab race ported ecotec head inside.......
Saturday, August 21, 2010 5:07 PM
first off even if its 0.1 away, dont round times or mph. you dont say you ran a 12 flat if you ran a 12.1 do you? camron ran a 10.9 but didnt say he ran an 11 did he? curtis said he made 500hp but was only 488. so say it like it is...

i trapped 111 on stock motor. not just stock internals. only upgrade ever done was head studs. stock everything else. no internals, no head modifications in any way. and i went 12.8 @ 111. that was on 13psi, never got to dyno stock motor other than the bash but at 6.5psi i was at 225/225 split.

im just trying to figure out the difference between ours and i only have a 57 trim...

Saturday, August 21, 2010 10:04 PM
we obviously run similar setups in similar ways... lol anyway the true point of this post i would imagine is to see if anyone else wants their heads ported or any custom work from Mike i am guessing... carry on

...I am the BEST at what I do...
"I guess your right[BlueBoost]. Me and my slow car are failers."

Saturday, August 21, 2010 10:23 PM
i just cant have a thread with out an argument, i now realize that. (shakes head) anyways so yeah the head went to the machine shop this morning and hopefully ill pick it up mon or tues and have it to the flow bench tues or weds. thanks for the good words on the head guys. and yes im always up for more work if anybody has any heads that need som TLC.

mike

i make neons go fast.........

Sunday, August 22, 2010 8:14 AM
welcome to the org...

how much for a head?

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Sunday, August 22, 2010 8:20 AM
Yea whats the price range
Sunday, August 22, 2010 8:27 AM
oh and do you have any far away shots of the exhaust ports

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Sunday, August 22, 2010 1:37 PM
I trapped 116 once on a fully stock car with the HRC Stage 2 kit and my own "give me fuel" mod.

Trapped 110 at least 70 times with the same setup too.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Sunday, August 22, 2010 2:26 PM
i dont have any far away pics of the exhaust side but i do have some before pics of it.......... and some other angles of the head, take a look below at the far away exhaust and u can see the scribe lines around it to where it was ported to in case thats what ur wanting to see..........

as for pricing, my street port starts at 600.00 (which retains stock valve train) but includes valve job, resurface, assembly and return shipping and can go up from there depending on amount of port work done and aftermarket parts thrown at it like stainless standard or o/s SI valves (210.00 extra) springs and retainers which i havent looked into what i can get them for yet. or the buyer can always send parts with that he or she may already have and i can go ahead and assemble them with the head.

Sunday, August 22, 2010 5:00 PM
that's not a bad price.

any plans on getting this tested to find out how much more it's flowing over stock?

Sunday, August 22, 2010 7:11 PM
i like your work

R.I.P. Brian Klocke, you will never be forgotten
Sunday, August 22, 2010 7:26 PM
thanks and yeah its going to on the flow bench after i get vj and resurface done. i didnt get before flow numbers though so just the after numbers are going to have to do for now.

mike

Sunday, August 22, 2010 10:58 PM
How much to get a head ported just like the one in this thread?

Sunday, August 22, 2010 11:43 PM
jmarks82 wrote:How much to get a head ported just like the one in this thread?

well that would be a race head, and it also gets combo chamber work and race porting throughout the intake and the exhaust ports as u can see....... like all my head work the pricing it includes valve job, resurface, assembly and return shipping. without o/s valves ur looking at 950.00 with o/s valves ur looking at 1150.00

mike

Monday, August 23, 2010 4:06 AM
Before you get banned it might be a good idea to go "Premium "....since your advertising.

On topic: Your porting looks great.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Monday, August 23, 2010 4:48 AM
As far as the numbers go - Qwibby put down 247whp on 10lbs (similar turbo I think) on a dyno dynamics through a stock head. Reputable people were saying that dyno reads 10-18% below a dynojet, so I'm inclined to say the numbers are not that far off if at all. But i wouldn't believe it if I didn't see Qwibby's numbers with my own eyes.

The head work looks amazing considering it's done by hand. Anyone who has attempted this on their own will appreciate the difficulty and amount of hours you must have into it. I can't wait to see flow testing and real world power increase

Monday, August 23, 2010 7:03 AM
Wow M2 race charges 1150 cnc ported so your price isnt far off.Not many people will want to pay that.

Monday, August 23, 2010 8:11 AM
Ricardo Rosario wrote:Wow M2 race charges 1150 cnc ported so your price isnt far off.Not many people will want to pay that.

this thou i am curious of your flow #s

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Monday, August 23, 2010 11:57 AM
Ryan I wouldn't have believed it either! lmao!

Ammfab I'd be interested in you doing a head for me, what if I just sent a bare head and did not need assembly?

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Monday, August 23, 2010 12:14 PM
premium membership........... done.

thanks guys

well assembly is only a matter of 10 mins or so, so it really doesnt mess with the price but most people dont have the ability to install the valves springs reatiners and keepers thats why i throw all the info in there to let them know it would be coming to them ready to bolt on. are u wanting a vj and reurface done? or just the porting and u take care of the machine work and assembly. im very reasonable with when it comes to this stuff ill do whatever u want and i also am willing to do payments to an extent also.

that being said what amount of work are u wanting, i also have a street/strip head thats 775.00 which is full porting of the intake and exhaust with a little less material removal on the intake side but it doesnt get any combo chamber clean up.

mike

Monday, August 23, 2010 12:35 PM
those ports look amazing! nice job, I'm interested in seeing the flow #'s as well.

Monday, August 23, 2010 2:35 PM
ammfab wrote:i also am willing to do payments to an extent also.

Id advise against doing this lol... not unless you hold onto the head until its paid in full haha. Then I can understand it. Id also take a down payment too just so you dont get stuck with a head thats done and no longer wanted.

Monday, August 23, 2010 3:30 PM
Ricardo Rosario wrote:Wow M2 race charges 1150 cnc ported so your price isnt far off.Not many people will want to pay that.

Reading must own you... AMMfab's price of 1150 includes oversized stainless valves, disassembling, cleaning, reassembling, and shipping... it's not even close... w/o valves only 950 the fine print on m2 states assembly, disassembly, cleaning, and shipping not included...

...I am the BEST at what I do...
"I guess your right[BlueBoost]. Me and my slow car are failers."

Monday, August 23, 2010 6:02 PM
Yeah the amount of material removal done on this head and what looks to be pretty meticulously detailed in regard to contouring I would say this head fully assembled with components at that price is VERY reasonable pricing.

My newest project may very well take this deal into account. Get those numbers up there (=

ASE Master Certified Automotive Technician

Monday, August 23, 2010 6:58 PM
Ammfab when I am working FT again and am caught up I will look you up, add me on AIM quikboostdecotec

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Monday, August 23, 2010 7:07 PM
Is this an eco only service? I know you do neon heads but not sure if you're willing to take a crack at an LD9 head...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search