ammfab race ported ecotec head inside....... - Page 3 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: ammfab race ported ecotec head inside.......
Monday, August 23, 2010 7:19 PM
nope its not eco only, ive done 4g63, neons, srt's, hondas, whatever i can. ill have an evo head done in a few hours here too. i love doing new fabbing and head porting that ive never done before cause repetition gets old so im always looking for new stuff.

as for payment thing, yes i keep the head until its paid in full. this is good though because my buddy does my machine work and when its ready to go the customer can go ahead and make the last payment or whatever they owe and that portion that they give me can go towards the machine work. usually i do all up front except for 200.00-250.00 for the machine work so i dont go and spend it an then be out of $$$ when its time to ship it. but i have done 3-4 payment before as long as its not stretched out for a really long time.

again, thanks for the good words guys.

mike

i make neons go fast.........

Monday, August 23, 2010 11:40 PM
BlueBoost (Itsjustacavalier) wrote:
Ricardo Rosario wrote:Wow M2 race charges 1150 cnc ported so your price isnt far off.Not many people will want to pay that.

Reading must own you... AMMfab's price of 1150 includes oversized stainless valves, disassembling, cleaning, reassembling, and shipping... it's not even close... w/o valves only 950 the fine print on m2 states assembly, disassembly, cleaning, and shipping not included...

Actually reading must own YOU i said price was close to same did i say it was same some people would dish out the ectra money since m2 is cnc ported and not hand ported thats all i said.So before you jump on people read.The work does look great but diffrence in price isnt much and shipping was an extra 30 so 1180.

Tuesday, August 24, 2010 8:46 AM
Ricardo Rosario wrote:
BlueBoost (Itsjustacavalier) wrote:
Ricardo Rosario wrote:Wow M2 race charges 1150 cnc ported so your price isnt far off.Not many people will want to pay that.

Reading must own you... AMMfab's price of 1150 includes oversized stainless valves, disassembling, cleaning, reassembling, and shipping... it's not even close... w/o valves only 950 the fine print on m2 states assembly, disassembly, cleaning, and shipping not included...

Actually reading must own YOU. i said price was close to same. did i say it was same? some people would dish out the extra money since m2 is cnc ported and not hand ported thats all i said. So before you jump on people read. The work does look great but difference in price isnt much and shipping was an extra 30 so 1180.

i think punctuation and spelling own you. anyways does m2 include oversized stainless valves, disassembling, cleaning, reassembling for it's price? or is $1,150 for m2 just the porting so disassembly and valves are extra?

have you read the RULES yet?
my carDomain updated 6/11/10 Forged and Supercharged

Tuesday, August 24, 2010 9:37 AM
from m2 for $1146

*The above pricing includes fully CNC ported intake and exhaust ports (unless specified), CNC chamber, diamond honed valve guides, precision SERDI valvejob and skim the deck surface. Disassembly and cleaning, assembly and parts are not included but available.

If ammfabs porting is comparable in flow and quality then his pricing should be as well, dont expect a huge price drop because this is hand ported vs. the cnc job.
good work ammfab

Tuesday, August 24, 2010 12:00 PM
950.00 gets u a race head with stock valve train shipped to u, 1150.00 gets u one with o/s SI valves and i still dont have a hook up on springs and retainers so u will have to get them ur self if u want them and send them so they can be installed in the head. just cause its cnc doesnt mean its goin to make more power (not saying mine will) but lots of people are under the impression that cnc heads are better then hand ported heads for some reason, the only thing i give to a cnc head is that every port is exactly the same and if ur good which not to sound cocky but i am then a hand port can be very accurate from port to port also. heres the evo head that i finished last night too btw........

mike

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, August 24, 2010 12:03 PM

Tuesday, August 24, 2010 6:57 PM
wow

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Tuesday, August 24, 2010 7:01 PM
Holy @!#$, those before and afters look sick.. Also they look almost like my 2.4 head ports , but ill admit yours look better. Nice job man.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Tuesday, August 24, 2010 9:06 PM
Work looks great .M2 does not include valves so price is good never said it wasnt,If flow numbers are same will be better than m2.To the above people that have nothing better to do except point out spelling and punctuation get a life.Send me a pm if you have anything else to say instead of messing up his thread.

Tuesday, August 24, 2010 9:21 PM
and let me throw one more recent head that i did in here, this is going on a neon motor that will hopefully make about 1000 whp........... and possibly run 8's in the 1320

mike

Wednesday, August 25, 2010 6:52 AM
I have to tend to the wet clean up in my pants... wow!

Wednesday, August 25, 2010 8:35 AM
The work looks amazing, call me old school but I put more faith in hand porting than machine porting.

Please get some flow numbers up, I'm in the market for a P&P head for next season and I would be very interested in getting the work done through you.

Wednesday, August 25, 2010 3:09 PM
its going to get dropped off at the flow bench tomorrow so i may have the numbers by sat........ im nervous and excited, i always am on a new head that i havent flowed before. and up front im gonna say this..... i have no control over this flow bench as i out source to another machine shop across town that has one so these numbers are not biased. realisticly with out getting to ahead of my self i would like to see at about 290cfm on the intake and 190cfm on the exhaust at .500" also the test is done on a SF 600 at 28" h2o in case anybody was wondering.

mike

Wednesday, August 25, 2010 6:40 PM
update the head got to the flow bench today.

mike

Thursday, August 26, 2010 1:01 PM
Nice!

Interested in seeing the numbers for sure.

Thursday, August 26, 2010 2:30 PM
newt wrote:Nice!

Interested in seeing the numbers for sure.

x2

Thursday, August 26, 2010 5:35 PM
x3
Thursday, August 26, 2010 7:31 PM
ok now i need to get the flowbench guys some springs, reatainers and keepers too so they can test it. i dont know why they didnt think of that yesterday when i dropped the head and valves off. owell ill get those to them tomorrow.

mike

i make neons go fast

Monday, August 30, 2010 3:19 PM
...well Mike got the numbers back today... lol so I'm pretty sure he will be posting them up here shortly with his graph... I was told not to say what they are just yet... so hurry up Mike!

...I am the BEST at what I do...
"I guess your right[BlueBoost]. Me and my slow car are failers."

Monday, August 30, 2010 5:29 PM
in for the numbers!!

you're work looks top notch!

Monday, August 30, 2010 5:56 PM
drum roll please...

Monday, August 30, 2010 7:27 PM
straight to the point...........

intake @ .500" lift was 299 cfm
exhaust @.500" lift was 208 cfm

the guy called me to tell me it was ready and i asked for the .500" lift numbers. once i pick the head up ill post all the numbers and it doesnt have a graph but ill take apic of the sheet i get from them just to back up what im saying. also he told me the exhaust flow was 73% of the intake from .250"-.450" which is awesome. (it would be better if it were closer to 80% but the fact that it stays constant is great!)

mike

i make neons go fast

Monday, August 30, 2010 8:36 PM
VERY nice!!! Cant wait to see the details

ASE Master Certified Automotive Technician

Monday, August 30, 2010 9:38 PM
wow. amazing work.

Oldsmobile all motor > Saab/Opel boosted
Tuesday, August 31, 2010 3:58 AM
WOW, impressive numbers and all, but the pics of the EVO head before and after made my jaw drop, beautiful job man.

*starts to save money for ammfab ported head.*

Tuesday, August 31, 2010 6:23 AM
Great work man! Almost exactly what M2 got with the LSJ head.

Will most likely be contacting you this fall to discuss doing a head.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search