ammfab race ported ecotec head inside....... - Page 6 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: ammfab race ported ecotec head inside.......
Saturday, October 02, 2010 5:25 PM
i'll be sending off a head in a few months for a street/strip port

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Monday, October 18, 2010 4:45 AM
Another question for Mike@ Ammfab - can you cc the chambers? If we have an 88mm bore to work with instead of a stock 86mm bore, how many more cc's do you think you could work into the chaimbers? I mean to give you a call on this later, but i'm thinking about it now lol. The sole purpose is to lower compresion ratio while running a stock bottom end (LE5) and stock head gasket (LE5 w/ 89mm HG bores)

Basically, using a stock LE5 bottom end with a stock LE5 HG and stock L61 head, assuming a 53cc chaimber, the static c/r is around 11.1:1.
If we can get to 58cc's, we are down to about 10.2:1, and 60cc's is right around 10:1. Thicker head gaskets are a more of a pain to get than i realzed, so if you are working over a head i figured its worth a shot to ask. Like i said, i'll call you for more info when i get my valvetrain out and ready to send off.

Monday, October 18, 2010 8:36 PM
oldskool (eco meatcake) wrote:Another question for Mike@ Ammfab - can you cc the chambers? If we have an 88mm bore to work with instead of a stock 86mm bore, how many more cc's do you think you could work into the chaimbers? I mean to give you a call on this later, but i'm thinking about it now lol. The sole purpose is to lower compresion ratio while running a stock bottom end (LE5) and stock head gasket (LE5 w/ 89mm HG bores)

Basically, using a stock LE5 bottom end with a stock LE5 HG and stock L61 head, assuming a 53cc chaimber, the static c/r is around 11.1:1.
If we can get to 58cc's, we are down to about 10.2:1, and 60cc's is right around 10:1. Thicker head gaskets are a more of a pain to get than i realzed, so if you are working over a head i figured its worth a shot to ask. Like i said, i'll call you for more info when i get my valvetrain out and ready to send off.

yes i ahve a cc kit so i can meausure it and i can see what i can do about taking some more cc's out of it.

mike

i make neons go fast

Tuesday, November 16, 2010 5:07 PM
what would this head do for a n/a car?

2.5 exhaust, lsj pacesetter header, no cat, custom ground cams, le5 intake manifold, ported throttle body.....pretty basic bolt on's, nothing terribly extreme.

Tuesday, November 16, 2010 6:48 PM
blucavvy wrote:what would this head do for a n/a car?

2.5 exhaust, lsj pacesetter header, no cat, custom ground cams, le5 intake manifold, ported throttle body.....pretty basic bolt on's, nothing terribly extreme.

the only NA cars i would put this on are ones that are making or hope to make upwards of 200whp (or with high compression). i only say that because of the intake port size. they are opened up quite a bit from the stock size and with an NA car its going to need to be able to rev beyond 7500 rpms or so to really get the most out of this particular head. dont get me wrong u will make more over stock with this (with some lag in the lower rpms) but the big increases are going to be up top with this thing hense the higher rev limit. with what u have i would def suggest a street strip head. for more then half of the people that hit me up asking what i think would best suit them i tell them the street strip head. its full porting and polishihng but not as much material removed from the ports like my race heads so they give a good increase in flow with not alot if loss in velocity over the entire power band.

mike

i make neons go fast

Tuesday, November 16, 2010 6:50 PM
thank you sir. i hope to do business with you in the near future.

Monday, November 22, 2010 8:43 AM
Mike i was just wondering if you have any flow numbers for a street port i know you did one for the race port but didnt read anywhere that you had flow benched a street port yet

RIP Cpl Derek Kerns And Cpl Robby Reyes
24th MEU VMM-261 (REIN) V22 Crewchiefs
11 April 2012 Morocco (African Lion)
Monday, November 22, 2010 11:04 AM
not yet, the only eco head ive ported thus far is this one. as soon as somebody wants to get a street strip head ill get it flow benched. im guessing about 280/200 cfm @.500" or so.

mike

i make neons go fast

Saturday, December 11, 2010 8:19 AM
how much did u remove from the openings (how much bigger are they?) both intake and exhaust? amazing work!

14.04 @ 101 ALLMOTOR
Monday, December 13, 2010 6:55 PM
thanks, the exhaust side is gasket matched to an oem gasket and the intake side is opened up to my templates i had made.

mike

i make neons and j-bodys go fast

Saturday, January 22, 2011 8:40 AM
how do i go about obtaining your p&p services? pm you or?

Sunday, January 23, 2011 11:00 AM
wow thats great work. im interested to see the street/strip numbers.

horsepower is the force that determines at what speed you hit the wall, torque is the force that determines how far you take the wall with you after you hit it.
Tuesday, September 20, 2011 2:09 PM
PMed and e-mailed on doing some head work on my LSJ head.
Wednesday, September 21, 2011 6:28 AM
Is mIke even around anymore? He hasnt posted in quite a while.

"Oil Leak ? What oil Leak ? Oh, Thats Just The Sweat From All The HorsePower!!"

Wednesday, September 21, 2011 7:51 AM
Damn, I was worried about that. I personally meet him a couple of month ago in the summer when he showed me the long tube ecotec headers he made.
Wednesday, September 21, 2011 10:41 AM
I haven't heard from him since I finally managed to get my head and header.

He still hasn't shipped me the stock valve train from the head I sent him or the other half of my v-band, that's been since June.

I gave up with him, he is a great guy who does awesome work, but beware, it took 8 months to get my header in and 6 months to get my head.

It finally took me threatening to get my credit card company involved to get my stuff.

Wednesday, September 21, 2011 1:06 PM
^ That's one of the reasons I don't wan't to go out of state for my port work. That and of course shipping charges. Well I might have to open a new thread in southwest area for recommendations of good machine shops that do p&p on ecotec's for a good price.

Honestly, I am almost considering tackling this job myself.
Thursday, October 06, 2011 1:29 PM
ur not going to find anybody who does port work like me in the valley, local stuff is alot easier to do in the area of getting and returning parts. if u give me ur head on a monday i can have it back to u by the next monday assuming my machinist isnt backed up.

mike

i make neons and j-bodys go fast

Friday, October 07, 2011 4:33 AM
What makes something take so long mike? You used to have good feedback, return time, and always having a presence on the forum. Now your kinda a ghost?
Friday, October 07, 2011 4:48 AM
PHilly D- He posted up in the header thread about getting a new position at work and working 60+hrs a week, and he only does side work in his free time. Click here and scroll to the bottom

Friday, October 07, 2011 5:27 AM
Ah..ok...that makes perfect sence now.

Well congrats on the job mike. Hopefully you can find some time to make me some goodies for my new supercharged cav.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search