AMMFAB proto race ported ld9 head pics up!!! - Page 7 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: AMMFAB proto race ported ld9 head pics up!!!
Tuesday, December 21, 2010 10:13 PM
my wife just got rear ended by a hit and run im f-ing pissed so dont take the following in a bad way..........

how it all went down? it went down as planned it just took longer then what it should have, there was nothing that needed to be fixed. i didnt steal from him, its not my fault he didnt let me know he had sent the money (through phone, pm or email) and its not my fault the machine shop took so long. and now photobucket is under maintenance so i cant even upload the pic and send it to him. the only thing that is my fault is the extra time it took me to get the head to the machine shop once i knew he sent me the money, that i will take credit for and im sorry about that gary. its as if people are making me out the be the bad guy here when i didnt do a thing wrong. if i sent somebody 200.00 i would have pm'ed that person immediately after sending it to let them know. i plan on showing him the proof as soon as i can and theres the phone number for the machine shop on the flow sheets too if he wants he can call them and ask about how long it was there. all those numbers on that sheet will match the numbers up above because im not lying or making up this stuff.

mike

i make neons and j-bodys go fast

Wednesday, December 22, 2010 5:27 AM
Wow,don't really know where to start. I'm not trying to make anybody out to be a liar, I'm actually trying to help you establish/reestablish credibility by having you do what you said you where going to do in the first place. If I come on here saying I made 400+ hp I always post dyno sheets to prove it. I'd expect no less from anyone else, it's the freaking internet, just offer some proof first and it eliminates 85-90% of the drama.

As far the Paypaling money goes, I always get an email from paypal telling me I've get money deposited to my account, really didn't figure I needed to follow up. I told you I'd do something and I did. If that's my fault then I'll take full responsibility.

"The FACTS are always subject to CHANGE once the TRUTH is applied"
"In the entire history of man the only stupid questions are the ones that don't get asked"
Wednesday, December 22, 2010 8:11 AM
Mike is a great guy, I've been working with him for the Eco header and very shortly he will be getting sent a LSJ head from me to get the full race port treatment.

It is unfortunate how this deal went down with this head/flowbench work. I think everyone just needs to take a deep breath and relax....

...the head is flow benched, the numbers are great, pictures of the sheet are on the way.......life is good guys!

I know the .org had a history of shaddy vendors....but I can assure you Mike isn't one of them.

On another note, I couldn't run the numbers for the head last night cause I went straight to a buddies after work for a BBQ....sorry guys...lol I will run them and post numbers tonight after supper.

Wednesday, December 22, 2010 8:26 AM
john317(AKA Gary the Old guy) wrote:Wow,don't really know where to start. I'm not trying to make anybody out to be a liar, I'm actually trying to help you establish/reestablish credibility by having you do what you said you where going to do in the first place. If I come on here saying I made 400+ hp I always post dyno sheets to prove it. I'd expect no less from anyone else, it's the freaking internet, just offer some proof first and it eliminates 85-90% of the drama.

As far the Paypaling money goes, I always get an email from paypal telling me I've get money deposited to my account, really didn't figure I needed to follow up. I told you I'd do something and I did. If that's my fault then I'll take full responsibility.

In mike's defense the last 3 paypal transactions I never got an email. Oldskool, my girlfriend and vinces PayPal for the trigger wheel.

but everyone needs to relax, it seem's gary is cool but vince is trying to stir the pot.

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Wednesday, December 22, 2010 9:26 AM
IamQwibby (Eco Meatcake) wrote:
but everyone needs to relax, it seem's gary is cool but vince is trying to stir the pot.

thats bull@!#$ phil, in no way did i stir the pot, i simply said the guy that paid for it deserves the proof.
would you want someone to dyno your car and just say it made xxx amount of power and tq? no. so dont be putting blame on me here.

"idk i just think since gary paid for it, i dont see the problem with him asking, i mean he took a good leap of faith. im not doubting you at all, but you have to look at it from his point. it just left a bad taste seeing how it all went down. but im glad you can step up and fix it. thats all that matters."

thats not stirring the pot, thats gary asking for something he paid for.

but mike saying, you think i would make this up? didnt make it right.

and ill say it again, im glad mike is stepping up and sending it to him. by looking at all of mikes work its quality stuff and its nice to have him around. so before you go pointing fingers, you should step back.

Wednesday, December 22, 2010 9:37 AM
ok i figured i feel like i was being an ass up above after a good nights sleep and sorry about that guys like i said its seems like there were some mistrust issue above and then some stupid bitch rear ended my wife in a damn hummer and drove off. that being said i did get an email in my aol account from PP but i never check my email, i always check forums for pm's. i was referring to u emailing my directly gary not PP. anyways we talked about it back and forth and in a few pm's and then i never heard from u again. u asked how much, i told u how much and then that as that. u never told me yes or no, and when that happens 9 times out of 10 its usually a no so i never thought to check my PP for any money because i had no money in there for atleast a month or so before u sent the 200.00. anyways all the crap aside photobucket is back up so heres the flow sheets, before is on the left after is on the right .

mike

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, December 22, 2010 9:43 AM

Wednesday, December 22, 2010 9:43 AM
so how much is this head and how can I get one?

Wednesday, December 22, 2010 9:52 AM
and heres one more with the info gary asked for because i forgot it up above.....

Maken, look here for my 4 cylinder porting prices and options........

http://forums.neons.org/viewtopic.php?f=107&t=361527

mike

Wednesday, December 22, 2010 11:15 AM
awesome, thanks for posting the pics

Wednesday, December 22, 2010 4:19 PM
Desktop Dyno is being pissy.

I need IVO,IVC,EVO,EVC from you guys. (Intake/Exhaust Opening/Closing)

Sorry guys.

Wednesday, December 22, 2010 11:36 PM
newt wrote:Desktop Dyno is being pissy.

I need IVO,IVC,EVO,EVC from you guys. (Intake/Exhaust Opening/Closing)

Sorry guys.

i thought that was the case. although with duration, ivo, evo, and lsa you should be ok

Thursday, December 23, 2010 2:07 AM
hmmm let me see if I can find that stuff. not sure if I will be able to so if anyone else can chime in.

Thursday, December 23, 2010 2:12 AM
W41 cams, 107 intake CL and 107 Exh CL
with a 107 lobe sep. 219 duration @ .050

all the extra i found via q4f. http://www.quad4forums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=98760

Thursday, December 23, 2010 2:16 AM
Thursday, December 23, 2010 6:57 AM
I found my numbers here click me
My cams were origionally HO cams so only my duration, lift, and overlap change. I plugged it into desk top dyno but can't get the rest of the engine numbers right to get accurate hp. Ill dig up my evo, ivo, etc tonight and see what you come up with.

Thursday, December 23, 2010 5:38 PM
Zs Z wrote:
newt wrote:Nice numbers Mike!

If someone gets me cam specs I can run this in Desktop Dyno like I said I would, I just don't have any cam specs.

What I'm really surprised about is that the Eco head outflows the LD9 head, mind you slightly. I would of thought for sure the LD9 head would of flowed more.

Either way, great numbers Mike!

Since the numbers are similar to that of the Eco head, I would expect with a similer cam, this motor could make up to 260-270bhp with this head and 11:1 CR.

I realize Im running an 086 head but I want to see whats capable with the LD9 head...my cam specs are:

Intake
dur 215@50
lift .439
centerline 108

exhaust
dur 210@50
lift 410
centerline 112

LSA 110
overlap 31

I am also running a 70mm throttle body and 11.37-1 compression and a 1 3/" primary header...not sure if you need all that or not.

Here is the other info

EVO 55.5
IVO 19.5
EVC 11.5
IVC 55.5

Thursday, December 23, 2010 5:41 PM
just wtf are these numbers anywho?

If it takes forever.... I will die trying. Underdog Racing
Thursday, December 23, 2010 5:45 PM
Intake valve opening, Intake valve closing, exhaust valve closing, exhaust valve opening. I got mine in the cam manager from the desktop dyno when I put in all the rest of my information. I just cant ever get desktop dyno to give me any realistic numbers.

Thursday, December 23, 2010 5:49 PM
Zs Z wrote:Intake valve opening, Intake valve closing, exhaust valve closing, exhaust valve opening. I got mine in the cam manager from the desktop dyno when I put in all the rest of my information. I just cant ever get desktop dyno to give me any realistic numbers.

all in relation to crankshaft degrees. its very important to degree a cam when building a performance engine
Thursday, December 23, 2010 10:37 PM
^^ yup. one of the last things i have yet to get done for mine.

Friday, December 24, 2010 7:33 AM
Ok thanks guys, I'll give this another go over the holidays.

Zs Z - Is it giving you numbers that are too high or too low? They say its +-5% accuracy, when I built my current engine build it gave me 198bhp and my car put down 168.8whp....so it was almost bang on, if you factor a 15% powertrain loss.

Friday, December 24, 2010 10:40 AM
Too low, if I put in stock ld9 cam specs and compression ect it puts me at about 138hp. I'm sure its somthing I'm doing. If you wouldn't mind plugging those numbers in that'd be awesome.

Friday, December 24, 2010 3:54 PM
z yaaaa wrote:^^ yup. one of the last things i have yet to get done for mine.

all you need is a degree wheel and a dial indicator. its not hard to do
Friday, December 24, 2010 9:57 PM
what... like this?

Saturday, December 25, 2010 7:12 AM
z yaaaa wrote:what... like this?

i think you might have what you need there. i just don't know how you measure it all in relation to true tdc with an ohc engine. i guess just go through the spark plug hole
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search