M62 plugging and cooling - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
M62 plugging and cooling
Monday, February 14, 2011 4:31 PM
Two common problems with the jbody guys using the M62 are cooling it, and plugging the hole left in the top after removing the Cobalt sensor.

I plan on using meth with my m62, as a octane booster, and cooling agent, and I need to plug that hole aswell. Instead of plugging the hole, could I plumb the nozzle for the meth to it?

I was just measuring the hole to find a plug, and that thought popped into my head.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, February 14, 2011 4:40 PM

Re: M62 plugging and cooling
Monday, February 14, 2011 4:56 PM
I would think that you would run into hood clearance issues with using a meth nozzle to plug the hole.

its an old concept. time for something new to take the reigns. - Z yaaaa

Monday, February 14, 2011 4:57 PM
what if i put some sort of 90* fitting on it, and ran the nozzle to that?

Monday, February 14, 2011 5:23 PM
It still might be an issue. Put some play-doh over that area and shut your hood, that is the only way to know for sure.

its an old concept. time for something new to take the reigns. - Z yaaaa

Monday, February 14, 2011 6:21 PM
im thinking if i shave down that area on the blower so the mounting point for the ss map isnt there, and find a 90 that i will be ok. but do they make 90* nozzles?

Tuesday, February 15, 2011 8:52 AM
This should help with the playdough experiment hell I even busted out the tape measure for ya. The car is an 04lss btw.

FIRST PAGE PLAYDOUGH PICS

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, February 15, 2011 8:53 AM

Tuesday, February 15, 2011 1:26 PM
IF it fits........

Yes, 90s are available. Don't mess with plastic fittings; get all metal.

If you put the nozzle there you'll need a solenoid of course.
Tuesday, February 15, 2011 1:35 PM
waht is the solenoid for? the kit came with one. how does it get wired up and stuff.

Tuesday, February 15, 2011 4:27 PM
If you are putting the nozzle between the TB and blower it will see vacuum and any methanol in the line will get siphoned into the SC. Putting the solenoid in the methanol line (as close to the nozzle as you reasonably can) will prevent this and ensure there's juice ready to inject. As far as wiring it up, the idea is to have it open whenever your methanol pump is running.
Tuesday, February 15, 2011 4:30 PM
Ahhh gotcha. Would a check valve work the same. AIS offers check valves now, and it wouldnt require any electronics.

Tuesday, February 15, 2011 5:01 PM
Not to my knowledge. Unless they have a calibrated valve or something of that sort.

Tuesday, February 15, 2011 5:02 PM
NO a check valve wouldnt work, think about it. if the check valve stopped the meth from getting sucked into the blower it would also stop the meth from getting pumped into the blower by the meth pump.

You wont have the hood clearance. I've rummed a hole in my insulation from the map sensor on the blower ,and until recently my iac and tps would actually touch the hood on occasion (I now have a better tb adapter).

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Tuesday, February 15, 2011 5:10 PM
i think the clearance is there. i would run this up from the front, and it wouldnt sit "on top" like the sensor. ill check it all out when the time comes.

Wednesday, February 16, 2011 4:23 PM
So i can get a 90 fro AIS. I am pretty sure that there is already one with my kit. either way. i will try it out, and see what happens

Wednesday, February 16, 2011 6:36 PM
Snow Performance sells all the stuff you may need if you are having trouble.
Wednesday, February 16, 2011 6:44 PM
not having any problems at all. just havent had a really good chance to look at the kit since i got it on monday. It in my garage. ill take looks this weekend. taking art work to the tattoo artist, then have allday sunday and monday to get stuff done.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search