Boosted 2200 Build - Page 4 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Boosted 2200 Build
Sunday, July 31, 2011 6:35 PM
Tinkles(now with Boost Face) wrote:You could run a Honda radiator like Chris is in his sunfire....

Or run a GIANT custom Griffen radiator like I do and have custom brackets welded on to the radiator to move it forward a few inches....

Sunday, July 31, 2011 9:01 PM
Was looking at the car today, and since i have to remove the AC, there is a good inch the radiator can be moved forward towards the front, and still have a thick radiator. The Honda one is another idea that i will have to look into.

XtremE2200CaV: The Build has Begun
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3864109/2001-chevrolet-cavalier-sedan-4d
Monday, August 01, 2011 11:03 AM
Yeah I removed my A/C and had custom brackets welded to my custom radiator. My radiator is like 3" thick, was originally designed for a Sand Buggy. The guy that ordered it custom from Griffen spent $700 and bought two. I guess the price of building one was to much for him because he ditched the plans for the second one and I scooped the radiator for $200/shipped. I looked for the one that was closet in specto what I was currently running. I swapped out the inlet/outlet ports for NPT ports as I am running all braided stainless heater hosing.

Monday, August 01, 2011 12:05 PM
I kept my AC..... Too old for that sh!t.....

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Monday, August 01, 2011 12:28 PM
QWK LN2 (P&P Tuning) wrote:I kept my AC..... Too old for that sh!t.....

420.5 whp / 359.8 wtq AND kept AC..... yep, you win!

Monday, August 01, 2011 1:49 PM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:

You win for now LOL. My setup is finally paid off so its just finishing the implementation and tuning. Honestly if these guys were half as busy as they are now this car would be done last weekend. Just a bunch of bolt tightening and lose ends to wrap up. Plus my dumb@$$ keeps adding irons to the fire/project.

Personally I am hoping to be the fastest 2200 Auto Sedan. Ryan, you run a 5-speed dont you?

Monday, August 01, 2011 4:47 PM
Yeah the AC has to be taken out. there is no room for it.

Josh, good luck with the rest of your build, I will be auto as well, and mine is a sedan as well, but i dont plan on having as much power as you, your build just looks insane. I am actually just starting to build my tranny, so any advice would be great. Thanks again guys

Monday, August 01, 2011 5:43 PM
Josh G. wrote:
BuiltNBoosted wrote:

You win for now LOL. My setup is finally paid off so its just finishing the implementation and tuning. Honestly if these guys were half as busy as they are now this car would be done last weekend. Just a bunch of bolt tightening and lose ends to wrap up. Plus my dumb@$$ keeps adding irons to the fire/project.

Personally I am hoping to be the fastest 2200 Auto Sedan. Ryan, you run a 5-speed dont you?

Thou CANST toppeth Ryan. I hear there are people that kill for that type of thing.....

Tuesday, August 02, 2011 5:54 AM
LOL.

I tell you regardless of the bashing us hard core 2200 guys get, we have a pretty good group of people. Not one of us has ever truely bashed on each other but, have been critical enough to push each other to have a better project. I am not trying to sound lame and sh!t but, some parts of this .org have gone a long ways in terms of communication and interaction with one another over the years.

Back when I first joined, if you werent running a Quad on here forget it. You were slammed so hard for wanting to be different. To think I almost ditched my project over what others had to say.

Vinny,

Import Performance Transmissions is your friend. I would say, if you can find some one local to build you a modified valve body you can probably save yourself a ton of money. Another good name to have is Kevin at Protranserve.com (pro transmissions of Tampa) He can get everything IPT can and he can modify Valve bodies, and S&R Performance in Tampa can Cryo-Treat. Any other questions just PM me and I got ya dude.

Tuesday, August 02, 2011 8:03 AM
so if i read this right.......its Josh G vs Ryan for biggest bad-est 2200 boosted build ???

im subscribed

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Tuesday, August 02, 2011 9:02 AM
the Jew wrote:so if i read this right.......its Josh G vs Ryan for biggest bad-est 2200 boosted build ???

im subscribed
We are not raising the bar, we are raising it "a bar"...

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Tuesday, August 02, 2011 9:53 AM
Thanks a lot Josh, i was looking at IPT, and plan on doing their performance rebuild kit, force motor solenoid, LSD insert, and a few other upgrades. Debating about the TTR solid mount, the car will be driven a lot, and i hear solid isn't so good for daily drivers.

And i totally agree with you. I was thinking about swapping in an eco n just supercharging it, but then i would be like everyone else. I like being different, and i feel if its different, people really look at it as something else. I have gotten tons of info from the forums throughout the build. I just cant wait for everything to be done, but i know i cant rush anything if i want it to last.

Tuesday, August 02, 2011 10:10 AM
QWK LN2 (P&P Tuning) wrote:
the Jew wrote:so if i read this right.......its Josh G vs Ryan for biggest bad-est 2200 boosted build ???

im subscribed

LOL.

Jason,

I wouldn't exactly say we are in a shoot out against each other. Ryan knows I have a lot of respect for him personally and for what he has been able to do. I think in a way its a mutual respect that we have for each other because we both want to do what every one say's is impossible with what we are working with. BTW I will never call you The J-word... I am 100% German and for me to do that I might as well from a sh!t stache, salute my right arm and yell Seigh Heil. Sorry man aint gonna happen. LOL

Vinny,

If you want the TTR auto mount, and TRUST ME YOU DO, get it now while they have 1 left.

I did the rebuild kit, force motor solenoid, modified valve body, Team Green LSD insert, TTR Auto Mount, Yank 2800 rpm stall, cryo-treated every moving part, different clutch packs, put a brand new GM flex plate (cryo treated as well), and then Kevin went further by ordering performance bushings, and changed oout some springs. I dont know I am not a transmission tech.

All I know is that $4,500-5K later that b!tch is stiff and shifts great LOL

Tuesday, August 02, 2011 10:25 AM
Josh G. wrote:
QWK LN2 (P&P Tuning) wrote:

im subscribed

LOL.

Jason,

I wouldn't exactly say we are in a shoot out against each other. Ryan knows I have a lot of respect for him personally and for what he has been able to do. I think in a way its a mutual respect that we have for each other because we both want to do what every one say's is impossible with what we are working with. BTW I will never call you The J-word... I am 100% German and for me to do that I might as well from a sh!t stache, salute my right arm and yell Seigh Heil. Sorry man aint gonna happen. LOL

Vinny,

If you want the TTR auto mount, and TRUST ME YOU DO, get it now while they have 1 left.

I did the rebuild kit, force motor solenoid, modified valve body, Team Green LSD insert, TTR Auto Mount, Yank 2800 rpm stall, cryo-treated every moving part, different clutch packs, put a brand new GM flex plate (cryo treated as well), and then Kevin went further by ordering performance bushings, and changed oout some springs. I dont know I am not a transmission tech.

All I know is that $4,500-5K later that b!tch is stiff and shifts great LOL

no worries bro im acutally not Jewish at all.....everyone for some reason thinks i am....im actually german/english/american indian lol

Back on topic....i look forward to a photoshoot/race involving both of these 2200s in the near future

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Tuesday, August 02, 2011 1:21 PM
Thanks for the info Josh. Guess i will pick up the solid mount after all. Also i had seen that the LSD for our transmissions was the same as the Getreg 5 speed? Is this so, cause all i seem to find is the one for the 3 speed autos.

Tuesday, August 02, 2011 7:08 PM
Vinny,
Search for Team Green LSD insert on the .Org in the transmission forum. You can narrow down who to contact. I am pretty sure they are not the same. I know Phantom Grips makes one... pretty pricey though.

Tuesday, August 09, 2011 1:12 PM
Any more progress pics?
:BUMP:
Thursday, September 15, 2011 8:43 PM
Just letting everyone know, I am still in the process of this build. Its been awhile since my last update. Only new parts that i have gotten has been charge piping, and the BOV pipe. Its been alittle rough cause of college starting up again. But I have been doing plenty of research when i can. My future plans, are to order my rings next week. Then hopefully, i can drop off the head to be ported by my uncle, and drop off the block for machine work. Im planning on putting the car in the garage in January and swapping everything over, so the car will be done for next summer.

My main goal right now is the motor and tranny. I have part numbers for pretty much everything, and will most likely order the radiator, W-Body Racetronix pump, intercooler, exhaust etc, when the car is being redone. I plan on doing the install and everything myself so if anyone has any tips please let me know. I started mocking up oil lines for the turbo on the spare block, and the lines and fittings will be ordered soon. I will try and get some pictures of more stuff when i can. Thanks for all the previous help thou!

Thursday, September 22, 2011 8:16 AM
Ordered some more parts yesterday, Rings, decided to go with 1MM Oversize valves, got a great deal on them. Dropping off the head for machine work on sunday, will post pics as i can.

Tuesday, January 03, 2012 7:00 PM
I know its been awhile, but its time for an update. somethings have been purchsed over the last few months. I got the Level 10 performance rebuild kit, Force Motor Solenoid, as well as all new solenoids for the tranny. Im planning on going with the full LSD no the insert, just for peace of mind because the stock gears were not meant to have any tension on them. Found out Level 10 can tune the transmission, and for a great price i thought. Also got the Racetronix w-body pump and harness, intercooler, and piping kit. I mocked up the intercooler, and had it mounted, and started running charge pipes.

Things that are still needed are a griffin radiator, injectors, lsd, convertor, and a few other things here and there. Still sticking with my goal of having the car ready for summer 2012. Machine was started as well and the head should be done within a week. Really appreciate all the help from everyone and will keep you updated

Tuesday, January 03, 2012 10:13 PM
Cool beans, keep the updates coming.

Wednesday, January 04, 2012 9:57 PM
Here are some update pics! Forgot to add i pickup a set of bronze valve guides as well.

Just starting the porting

Rocker studs were cut down and installed

Intercooler mounted

This?

Or This?

Wednesday, January 04, 2012 11:32 PM
2nd bumper or use the first and cut the center grill out.

Thursday, January 05, 2012 2:44 AM
agreed on 2nd with just the center cut out. Oh yeah and no deer whistles....

Thursday, January 05, 2012 7:16 AM
Yes i was thinking the second bumper as well. It was an extra bumper i had, i would cut the grill out of the first one so the paint matches lol. Didnt know how it would look with no intercooler for the time being.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search