Boosted 2200 Build - Page 7 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Boosted 2200 Build
Tuesday, July 10, 2012 11:17 AM
KEEP IT UP.
I love my built and boosted 2200!

Wednesday, October 03, 2012 9:40 AM
Updates?

Thursday, October 04, 2012 1:08 PM
YEAH COME ON!!!
Tuesday, October 09, 2012 9:19 PM
What happened?

Thursday, October 11, 2012 8:15 PM
Hey guys,
Sorry for the lack of comments and updates. Starting going back to college for my last year and looking for a entry level job. I have gotten a few things done with the car. Finally have received the Cometic MLS Gasket. As everyone knows, the machine work was completed, with a final compression ratio of 8.5:1. There was a big problem with the compression ratio that held the progress for a few weeks. Compression ratio was only 7.9:1, and after decking the block and milling the head it came back to a more preferable range. After picking up the motor from the machine shop, it was dropped off at my uncles for assembly and has been there ever since. I have mocked up oil lines for the turbo. Received a weld in bung for the brand new oil pan. The melling Oil Pump has been honed out for better flow as well. I got a battery relocation kit to move the battery to the trunk. I have been getting many ideas for the interior and engine compartment as well.

At the moment, i still use the car everyday for school and work. I am trying to save as much as i can. I also am looking for a beater car so i can start tearing down the car to permanently mount and prepare for the motor. Once i can put the car in my garage n tear it down, i plan to relocate battery, completely undercoat the car, redo brake lines, etc. I have a few surprises for the interior set-up that i will keep to myself for this time. Also i have been looking around for tuning and exhaust when the time comes. I have all the parts for the motor, just patiently waiting for it to be assembled lol. Once the car is stored away for teardown, i will be posting plenty of pictures of the work i will be doing. Thanks

XtremE2200CaV: The Build has Begun
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3864109/2001-chevrolet-cavalier-sedan-4d
Thursday, October 11, 2012 10:59 PM
Thaks for the update

Monday, October 15, 2012 7:27 AM
Some progress update........

Got in contact with SMG Motoring about tuning. Gave me a good price, and we talked about transmission upgrades, injector size and stuff like that. I will be going with 650cc injectors for my goals. When it comes to the transmission, SMG told me the axles were the weakest part. I know axles are expensive but i dont need to break axles every other day. I have all the upgrades for the transmission, (LSD, Force motor, performance rebuild with Raybestos clutches and new solenoids) But i was told the 4t45e chain would be a good upgrade as well. I have heard this before but im just wondering if it is actually worth it. I know its a 7/8 chain and usually the it is a good upgrade. After talking to SMG about my set-up and goals, they said it was more than possible but the tuning would have to be dead on.
Just alittle update for everyone, hopefully more parts will be ordered soon.

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 8:29 AM
Just out of curiousity, have they pulled the file and seen what they are working with yet? Are you planning on doing the LD9-SC File swap? Just curious.. Also, what are the new goals?

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 11:32 AM
Ryan, Was planning on doing the LD9-SC file for sure with the 2 bar map. I have to do some research on because im not familiar with it. Do i need to find a LD9 ECU and then reflash it, or can i flash my stock ECU? The same goals are still current, 280-300whp. At the moment thou, i just want to get the car running lol.

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 1:51 PM
Vinny wrote:Ryan, Was planning on doing the LD9-SC file for sure with the 2 bar map. I have to do some research on because im not familiar with it. Do i need to find a LD9 ECU and then reflash it, or can i flash my stock ECU? The same goals are still current, 280-300whp. At the moment thou, i just want to get the car running lol.
You can use your current PCM...... Just need to do a WRITE ENTIRE and license that File also. I can walk you through it if need be.

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Saturday, November 10, 2012 8:07 PM
Update time!

Got some 60 lb/hr injectors!

Also i put the car away today, as the transmission was on its way out. I said why waste, lets start the tear down! Got the car in the garage, and started tearing it down. Im making sure to label everything and take pictures for you guys. Once i have everything out, i will be posting a classifieds with many of the performance upgrades i have on the car now. I will keep updating you guys on here as well.

I have the exhaust off including the header, all fluids were removed, will take a few more off, and try to mock up some things with the old motor in the car. More pics will be coming

Thursday, November 15, 2012 8:36 AM
Update!

Alittle Mock up:

From what i can see now, the radiator will have to be moved forward due to the waste gate. The turbo is in a good spot for charge pipes as well. My main concern throughout this build has been heat thou.

More to come..................

Thursday, November 15, 2012 9:28 AM
I could be wrong on this but with the 4 speed auto the axles wont be the weak link. The tranny it's self would be. I know I read you got stuff for the tranny to rebuild, but Whitecavy had a built tranny (to the same degree your talking about doing), and his axles were fine. It was the tranny that let go.

I really do not think you have to worry much about axles until your well north of 400whp, and doing alot of drag racing.

Glad to see some updates.

FU Tuning

Thursday, November 15, 2012 10:09 AM
Addicted to meth wrote:I could be wrong on this but with the 4 speed auto the axles wont be the weak link. The tranny it's self would be. I know I read you got stuff for the tranny to rebuild, but Whitecavy had a built tranny (to the same degree your talking about doing), and his axles were fine. It was the tranny that let go.

I really do not think you have to worry much about axles until your well north of 400whp, and doing alot of drag racing.

Glad to see some updates.

Yeah I think the axles will be fine as long as you have the prothane control arm bushings.

2004 Cavalier Sedan
Thursday, November 15, 2012 6:29 PM
I'm thinking the only issue will be wheel hop killing the axles. Might want to look into aluminum lca's off at 99grandam gt. When I had the blower on my car the lca's alone eliminated all weel hop on the street.

Sunday, November 18, 2012 7:56 AM
I would think the axles would be a problem if you drag or burnout or brake boost. Ill be working on the car again today so ill have some more pics for everyone. On the LCA, my sister has a 99 grand am gt, so maybe while she is sleeping ill have to rip em out lol.

Thursday, November 29, 2012 7:28 PM
Update Time:
So the motor, transmission, frame, rack and pinion etc have all been removed and the engine bay is pretty much empty. Only things that remain is the master cylinder, brake lines, and a few misc hoses. The battery tray was removed and the engine bay will be sanded down. The frame along with most of the other components (control arms, spindles, brackets etc will be sand blasted and everything will be painted. On to the pictures.....................................

More updates to come

Thursday, November 29, 2012 10:16 PM
Looking good.

Friday, November 30, 2012 9:14 PM
Some more pictures of the alternator bracket before the motor was pulled. Had to modify it alittle because it was hitting the manifold. Just needs to be sanded down and cleaned up.

Saturday, December 01, 2012 7:07 AM
I had to do that with our 2200 build as well. Only because the arp headstuds didn't allow me to use the old mounting points on the head. I chopped and re welded it so the exhaust stud holds it in place. Your build seems to be coming along nicely cankt wait for more progress.

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 5:11 PM
Update Time!
Engine bay has been primed and painted, along with the sub frame. Spindles and control arms need to be sand blasted and painted. Goal is to have poly bushings installed in control arms, new ball joints, tie rods, rack and pinion, etc. and then mounting the sub frame and all back into the car.

This picture is the inner fender wells which were undercoated.

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 4:27 AM
very nice

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Saturday, December 15, 2012 9:31 PM
sweet keep at it.

Sunday, December 16, 2012 9:09 AM
The car has been a stand still the past week because of college finals and all that. I was able to sand blast the spindles and paint them. Will upload a picture of them soon. With the holidays approaching im hoping for some nice gifts for the car. After the holidays i will have much more time to work on it and get things done. I will keep everyone updated

Thursday, December 20, 2012 7:32 PM
Here are some updates, finals were done today so i when i got home i headed straight to the garage. I got the gas tank you, and all the brake and fuel lines heading to the rear. I will have to replace them as they were rusted pretty bad. Cant complain for 200,000 miles thou. I cleaned up the master cylinder and top mount and mounted them back in the engine bay. I will be undercoating the car soon. Here are some pictures.

Hope to have the frame and control arms mounted soon as well. I will have more time to work on the car so im hoping to get a lot done during January.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search