Boosted 2200 Build - Page 8 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Boosted 2200 Build
Thursday, December 20, 2012 9:38 PM
If anyone knows the part numbers for the metal fuel and brake lines that run from front to back that would be great. I did some research and i saw that they are discontinued? Any help would be appreciated.

XtremE2200CaV: The Build has Begun
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3864109/2001-chevrolet-cavalier-sedan-4d

Saturday, December 22, 2012 5:48 AM
Wrecker....
Sunday, December 23, 2012 6:13 PM
Get a good flaring tool and a roll of brake line and make your own.

I never ran that rear alt bracket on my 2200. I had a large case alternator that wouldnt fit with the bracket. I just used the top and bottom bolts. It ran that way for 30,000 miles and was still that way when I sold it and it never caused a problem.

Sunday, January 13, 2013 12:31 PM
Update time:
Freshly painted frame

Moog Tie-Rods and Poly arm bushings

New steering rack mounted

Everything mounted in the car

First Problem encountered:
Rot Section 1

Rot Section 2

Measure Twice cut once

First Cut successful

Will be welding plate in the channel and then cutting the same thing out for the other section. Everything underneath the car was removed, and undercoated. I made a parts list to redo the fuel lines using all Russell black nylon and fittings instead of dealing with the rusted steel. Once the rot is taken care of, i can run the fuel lines, install the racetronix pump and re install the fuel tank. I also have the relocation kit including cable so the battery will be in trunk. More updates to follow

Monday, January 21, 2013 2:43 AM
Looks very promising. I hope to have my 2200 up and running this summer.

Friday, January 25, 2013 12:58 PM
Love this thread! It definitely makes me want to get at least one of my projects done.
Vinny wrote:My only thought is that i dont want to pay for machine work and then have an assembled motor and tranny sitting for a long time.
Good call
I probably should add some lube to mine every few years...

jonathan oliver wrote:Looks very promising. I hope to have my 2200 up and running this summer.
Built LN2 sitting on a stand...familiar.

fortune cookie say: better a delay than a disaster
Monday, January 28, 2013 2:34 PM
Update time, Got the rear end basically all back together besides the brakes. I am looking into a disc swap which is pushing the brakes off. I ended up stiffing up the rear axle beam by welding a plate across the bottom of. Everything was freshened up with new paint/undercoating.

I mounted the Racetronix W-body pump and ran into the same sleeve problem that i found online. The upgraded harness was simple to install, basically plug and play. I ran battery cable to the trunk and made a battery tray. The cable needs to be moved around alittle and im still not sure if i want a box or if i will keep the tray. Rear struts were put back as well as the rear sway bar.

My next steps are to run the -AN fuel lines and EVAP line to the front. I also want to start with the wiring harness as well as the MSD wiring and the misc wiring for everything else. On to the pictures!

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/533831_10200458181087096_1090142364_n.jpg[/img

Monday, January 28, 2013 2:36 PM
Monday, January 28, 2013 5:45 PM
great job with the frame rail patching, i still need to do some of that on mine. I also used the same fittings on the p/s and fuel. Cusrious to know how the rear axle handles after boxing it in like that since i cant use the sway bare anymore with the N body air springs conversion. project looks killer great job!
Monday, January 28, 2013 5:49 PM
Thanks Spencer. The frame patching took the longest, but it needed to be done. I think it came out pretty good and def looks as if there was nothing done in that area. Im curious about the rear axle beam too. It will def be super stiff, esp with the sway bar compared to stock.

I noticed you said you used the fittings for p/s. I was debating about doing those lines as well but wasnt sure if the pressure would be too high. Everything worked out for you and you ahvent had any problems?

Monday, January 28, 2013 6:11 PM
Lookin good bro. Is there a specific reason you decided not to use the battery box in the background of some of the pictures? I ask only because I have the exact same thing and haven't decided what I want to do with it yet.

"In Oldskool we trust"

Monday, January 28, 2013 6:22 PM
YellowCav, I was going to use the box, then i wasnt going too. The tray i made is not mounted in the picture so i do not have my mind made up on it. I know with the box helps the fumes from the battery stay contained, while the tray holds it in place better. The box takes up more room but looks cleaner in my opinion. Once i tamper with the cable and get that 100% i will make my decision with the box/tray.

Monday, January 28, 2013 7:48 PM
they make the AN fittings for the power steering, i thinks its Earls or aeroquip. Had to go name brande to get the pressure stuff, you need to use the line thats made for power steering however. And yes i ran it for 2 years without any problems, and am currently working on a new setup for the v6, being that 3400 has the horrid lines that hoop over the alternator.
Monday, January 28, 2013 7:57 PM
looks like Aeroquip steel power steering fittings, got mine from Jegs.
Monday, January 28, 2013 8:00 PM
Thanks for the info, will def look into that for mine. Greatly appreciate it

Monday, January 28, 2013 10:32 PM
Looks great! I'll have to play catchup!

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 2:18 AM
Awesome update, keep plugging away at it.

Wednesday, February 06, 2013 5:18 PM
Im interested in how the stiffened rear beam works out. Ive always heard that stiffening torsion beam rear ends makes front wheel drive cars really skatey in the rear end.

Friday, February 15, 2013 8:21 PM
Vinny, any updates?

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 4:32 PM
Update time guys, I think many of you will be surprised with this update. I was down for alittle time as my area was hit with a snow storm that left us with 32 inches of snow, a new record. The car was of course in the garage during the whole time. But anyway, back to the cav. I purchased the Russell braided nylon house and fittings and ran the fuel lines to the front. Perhaps the biggest update was the purchase of the Wilwood front brake kit. While i had it, i decided to convert the rear drums to use the same wilwood kit. I made my carboard template at first and made the final brackets out of T-6061 Aluminum about 1/2in thick. I will not be running the e-brake which is a big problem for all you Manual guys. The rear end is basically all squared away now. my next thing is to run brake lines to the rear. Im looking into doing the ABS delete as well. Have to see about running an adjustable proportioning valve and what exactly has to be done. More updates to follow.................

The Final brackets all cut out and ready to go:

All bolted up with a new hub bearing:

Looks awesome:

Comment/Concerns are always welcome

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 4:56 PM
EBRAKE?????

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 5:19 PM
Like this .....

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 5:29 PM
I dont necessarily need an e-brake, the car is auto. if anything, the motor will def have enough power to do a burnout, or if worse comes to worse i can install a line loc.

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 5:51 PM
My auto lasted 3 months ..... but I was running 25 psi.
Wednesday, February 20, 2013 10:33 AM
nice updates

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search