A Review and Test: Electric Superchargers. - Page 6 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: A Review and Test: Electric Superchargers.
Wednesday, February 24, 2010 12:33 PM
Rich Grayo Jr. wrote:this will pretty much happen at any speed above that of idle. HOWEVER, it takes vast amounts more power to get the fan spinning than to keep it spinning. and a bilge blower type fan wouldn't even begine to make a modern electrical system sweat.

An intake fan will not even help at idle....the IAC will make sure it sees the proper vacuum(RPM control) at idle. You could pressurize your pre-TB intake tract if you wanted too, all that would happen is the IAC will crank down even further.

"Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!" -Anonymous

Friday, May 06, 2011 1:24 PM
Joshua Dearman wrote:
RaGiN Z (the fake 05) wrote:No, this is me agreeing that you are being a jackass with nothing intelegent to add to the topic, and just dismissed everything this kid had to say due to one small typo or language barrier issue. If you don't like the topic, don't read it.

Sorry man, but you need to read what he was saying. He was trying to find a middle ground between the BS that this already covers and trying to actually articulate the technology into something useful. If it could be done well, it would have already been done. yes, you can use an real electric supercharger using like a vortech compressor housing and an electric engine/trans combo...but the footprint requirements of such would be much larger than you could fit in any modern engine bay. Maybe if you took out your back seat...sure why not. But then lets not mention the 100+ lbs it will add compared to a traditional roots, centrifugal, or turbo of less than half the weight. It just doesn't make since.

But to say all he had was a language barrier or a typo is total BS, read it again. Yeah, ok, maybe I'm an ass about how I go about bringing reality into the picture. I'll agree with that.

Not a bad idea at all. The matter of fact however is that it HAS and IS being done. Ever hear of Superpowercharger.com? There is a ton of great information there, and their product actually requires 42v, and is able to be mounted anywhere. Anywho, to the original poster, I thank you for taking the time to prove what trash alot of electric super-charger companies are producing.

If you take the time to actually look at what youre buying tho, you clearly see legit products as opposed to just scams. $200 dollars just isnt gnna get you 2-5psi no matter how tou cut it.
Friday, May 06, 2011 2:27 PM
Greg Griffin wrote:
Joshua Dearman wrote:
RaGiN Z (the fake 05) wrote:No, this is me agreeing that you are being a jackass with nothing intelegent to add to the topic, and just dismissed everything this kid had to say due to one small typo or language barrier issue. If you don't like the topic, don't read it.

Sorry man, but you need to read what he was saying. He was trying to find a middle ground between the BS that this already covers and trying to actually articulate the technology into something useful. If it could be done well, it would have already been done. yes, you can use an real electric supercharger using like a vortech compressor housing and an electric engine/trans combo...but the footprint requirements of such would be much larger than you could fit in any modern engine bay. Maybe if you took out your back seat...sure why not. But then lets not mention the 100+ lbs it will add compared to a traditional roots, centrifugal, or turbo of less than half the weight. It just doesn't make since.

But to say all he had was a language barrier or a typo is total BS, read it again. Yeah, ok, maybe I'm an ass about how I go about bringing reality into the picture. I'll agree with that.

Not a bad idea at all. The matter of fact however is that it HAS and IS being done. Ever hear of Superpowercharger.com? There is a ton of great information there, and their product actually requires 42v, and is able to be mounted anywhere. Anywho, to the original poster, I thank you for taking the time to prove what trash alot of electric super-charger companies are producing.

If you take the time to actually look at what youre buying tho, you clearly see legit products as opposed to just scams. $200 dollars just isnt gnna get you 2-5psi no matter how tou cut it.

$3000 for a turbo, alternator, and boost controller? really? no fuel mods, no manifolds, no piping, no tuning... yeah, sounds like a great deal.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, May 06, 2011 2:28 PM

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Monday, May 09, 2011 8:35 AM
..Well the unit is powered by electric motors...so why would you need a manifold?, not to mention who likes paying another chunk of money on a nice custom one. Fuel mods and tuning aren't 'needed' for ~5psi of boost, sure it definitely helps a ton, but for an average Joe blow getting like 30% more hp out of the thing .. $3k is a decent deal. I would like to see some dyno vids, or at least graphs of what their system can do. All in all its the first electric supercharger Ive ever seen that even remotely looks like the real deal. I do like the idea of being able to mount it anywhere tho...lol, supercharger sitting in the wheel well ftw!!
Monday, May 09, 2011 2:50 PM
Greg Griffin wrote:Fuel mods and tuning aren't 'needed' for ~5psi of boost

let me just ask these two questions...

1. what experience do you have with this platform? it's been proven on the eco that the factory injectors are not even adequate for upper-rpm range on a STOCK engine.

2. what is your affiliation with the company?

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Tuesday, May 10, 2011 9:05 AM
Not much unfortunately .. I worked at a performance shop for a few years and built quite a few F.I. setups..not a single j-body tho. I was more talking in a general sense, thanks for the heads up about the eco motor tho lol, I had no idea.

I like the company because I was working on a electric type unit for a while myself, and ran into alot of issues and failed, so for me to see someone actually do it is really cool.
Wednesday, May 11, 2011 8:04 AM
Greg Griffin wrote:Fuel mods and tuning aren't 'needed' for ~5psi of boost

what?????????????????? who told you this? a n/a vehicle cant see boost so how is it suppossed to add more fuel without a tune? you maybe able to get away with 0.5-1.00 psi boost but 5 psi is never going to happen.

5 psi boost will require ~25-30% more fuel than n/a so how can you state that its not needed. no factory computer on earth can adjust fuel this much and this fast without a tune.
Sunday, May 29, 2011 7:41 PM
Most N/A vehicles' MAP sensor reads from 0-105kPa (0- 15.435 PSI absolute pressure, with 100kPa or 14.7 PSI being atmospheric pressure). So "if" this product works without retuning the engine or replacing sensors, then the manufacturer is either saying their product ACTUALLY produces .735 PSI of boost or less (I believe it to be "or less"... significantly less), OR they are saying engines will run just fine under boost AND running lean. I'm no physicist, but I think that combination makes an engine go BOOM!

And to think I wasted all that money on bigger fuel injectors, an A/F ratio gauge, and HP Tuners when all along I could have just let the engine run lean.

Posts from idiots like the ones that say these pieces of crap work are why I stopped doing the forum thing years ago. Makes my head hurt trying to understand their faulty logic, bad spelling, and horrible grammar.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
'04 Cavalier
2.2 Ecotec Supercharged w/ 2.9" pulley
Charge air cooler
Poly bushings - lower control arm and engine/trans
Wednesday, June 01, 2011 2:03 AM
The first two pages of this had me DYING!!!!
SO FUNNY! Especially when streetfreakz made the claim that physics is overrated! I was in tears WTF haha those electric supercharges are BS.
Wednesday, June 01, 2011 11:10 PM
But guys dont you remember physics has nothing to do with the operation of these items.
Tuesday, June 07, 2011 7:12 AM
Well Greg... I see you've waded into the Lion's Den.

I asked a few questions on your forum but there doesn't really seem to be much info at all yet.

You can't just drop in and tell people there's a bunch of great information on your site. You need to actually show that your stuff works.

With all the scams out there, people will assume those things don't work unless they're just ignorant.

My website and this thread exist to help cure that ignorance.

You've already opened up about your limited knowledge of boost so really, you've put the first nail in the coffin. If nobody can actually see a working example of your product, then I think we can all safely assume it's just more of the same.

Are you willing to send one out for independant testing? Do you have any customers we can get in touch with to actually see it in person? I asked about whether you had any customers in Toronto so I could see for myself. But now you're here... so really, if you've got any customers ANYWHERE then there's probably someone who can drop by for a peek.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search