A Review and Test: Electric Superchargers. - Page 2 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: A Review and Test: Electric Superchargers.
Tuesday, June 06, 2006 10:48 AM
Most motors won't spin faster than 3600 rpm. You're right...there's no way that piece of @!#$ will handle those high speeds. Plus its a piece of @!#$ fan too. I work at an electric motor shop and i've seen better built fans that can't handle speeds that high.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006 11:10 AM
firebug wrote:
I need to show my whole town this post, you don't know how many times I hear "I think Im going to try an electric superchager, it should be good for at least 40hp, right??"

Haha what's really funny is 40whp is about what most people got with the real supercharger on the 2.4. So I knew those claims were completely crazy with the $40 - $180 versions they sale on Ebay and advertise in super street.

N2O + Bolt-ons = 220Hp/250Tq

Coming Soon:HpTunersPro, EagleConnectingRods, WiescoPistons, 13sec2200

Tuesday, June 06, 2006 4:15 PM
go to www.jcwhitney.com keyword street freakz. you will find the working electric turbo there, for dyno's visit www.cargodz.com.
Tuesday, June 06, 2006 4:36 PM
*reaches frantically for fire extinguisher...*

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Tuesday, June 06, 2006 5:05 PM
Truth to be told to some of the people here, there is actually a such thing as a real electric supercharger, except they are HUGE, and they take a bank of 4-6 batteries to be ran. They were used in city passenger busses for initial exceleration, to increase fuel efficiency. I have personally seen one of these systems adapted to a 3rd generation 305 camaro. It was....retarded, to say the least. But I thought I would shed some light on this subject!!
Tuesday, June 06, 2006 6:26 PM
light to be shed? i don't see these other so called e-chargers being sold by big name companies. do you??
Tuesday, June 06, 2006 8:52 PM
Are you calling me a liar? Grow up friend, I never once said they were the answer, I am saying, there is SUCH a thing as a real electric supercharger that actually BUILDS boost, I think it was a moderate number like 5-6 psi. I, ME, MYSELF, MY OWN TWO EYES, have seen an e-charger build boost, so until you get me to believe it was all a dream, I will think otherwise.
Tuesday, June 06, 2006 9:45 PM
i never said you were a liar. i have seen the thomas knight version that you speak of. but as i said before, there are no companies putting their names behind any of the electric turbo's or superchargers but the street freakz version. it's unfortunate that the unit used for testing on this forum was another lame bildge pump that tempest performance sells.

street freakz performance
Wednesday, June 07, 2006 9:06 AM
The street freakz version is only available for about 30 minutes of use. Its a short-duty motor. What are you honestly going to do in 30 minutes with this thing? Also, DC motors need brushes to run (well most of them). So after a period of time, your brushes will wear down and unless you change them, you'll tear up the motor. These things are a waste of time and money.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006 11:16 AM
its pretty obvious that your too consentrated on lashing at the product, than reading the full descriptions of the product. we do recomend no more than 30 min. at a time with these, there's really no sence in driving around the local streets for 4 hours doing nothing but wasting fuel with e-turbo's blasting away. the e-turbo's have been ran for as long as 10 hours non stop, and yes the brushes will wear down. but if you use them for 4-6 hours a day for 7 days a week, the brushes will last just over 1 year. the brushes are externall, there are 2 ports on the outside of the motor, you unscrew the caps and replace the brushes, takes 2 min. of your time. this can be done 4 times. so if you use them respectively, you will get 4 -5 years use out of the e-turbo. and if you would have read the info about the overheating protection, you would have known that if the motors overheat for what ever reason, or if the brushes are worn down,these units will shut themselves down. so if you can take 2 min. of your precious time to replace the brushes. then you will have no problems. and if you would have looked at the cavalier dyno, you would have seen a 53.6 hp gain with only 1 unit. so no, their not a waste of time or money.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006 11:22 AM
go buy the dealer optioned supercharger for $2,500 for a 40 hp gain. and then spend 8-10 hours installing it, then take it back to the dealer for them to reflash the computer. just so you can run the thing. sounds like a good deal to me.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006 11:24 AM
oops i almost forgot. you also have to buy the special map sensor for that supercharger also, that runs another $260

Wednesday, June 07, 2006 11:41 AM
Then would you be willing (my guess is no) to offer up one of your superior units in the same manner as this test was conducted, except to have it returned to you as it was recieved by the tester? And honestly, 53.6 additional hp would be felt by the seat of the pants, BUT we would ask the tester to actually use a dyno this time

Wednesday, June 07, 2006 11:43 AM
look. the e-turbo is not for everbody. but this one does work, it won't work for all cars, but we tell you that. and everybody who has attempted to proove this devise doesn't work has failed to do so. if you don't like it, then you don't like it. thats your buisness. but i have the working unit, i have the contracts with jc whitney, i have the upcoming episode with horsepower tv on these. the unit kits for these have a 5 year warranty for the powder coated intakes (44 color choice) the connectors have an unlimited lifetime warranty(we manufacture them), the e-turbo casing has a lifetime warranty(we manufacture them), the motor has a 1 year warranty against any defects or internall failures, it has a minimum 20hp gain or your $ back, it also has a 30 day satisfaction guarranty . so if you can find another product with these hp gains and warranty claims, then buy it.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006 11:49 AM
as far as someone doing an independant test on one, i have no problem with it. but it will be 2 weeks before i have the supply replenished. jc whitney has cleaned out my stock pile. if you wish to have one reserved, no problem. e-mail or call me. walker4617@sbcglobal.net or 937-308-3652.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006 11:49 AM
That may be the case but you did not answer my question.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006 11:53 AM
I would most definatedly be willing, however, i have as yet been unable to find a dyno in my area. I would of course pay for the dyno time out of pocket.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006 12:22 PM
have you considered the g-tec?

Wednesday, June 07, 2006 12:34 PM
Indeed, but for what it does it hardly seems worth the money

Wednesday, June 07, 2006 1:21 PM
it's a very genious invention, but no it's not worth the money if your only going to use it 1 time.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006 1:29 PM
if you like, i can send a g-tec with an e-turbo.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006 1:45 PM
Do us a favor and go sell your scam turbos on eBay, or anywhere but here for that matter. Better yet, stop being a ripoff artist and sell parts that are actually worthwhile.

09:f9:11:02:9d:74:e3:5b:d8:41:56:c5:63

Wednesday, June 07, 2006 3:42 PM
wow, i just got a warning about my electric turbo. it would seem that when forums actually are confronted with a working unit, they go running like little girls and ban you. or give little sissy comments like the last one. if you people don't want to hear about the working one, then you shouldn't bring up the subject. GROW UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wednesday, June 07, 2006 3:47 PM
Street Freakz keep in mind for a business to advertise here they are required to be a paying premium member. JBO is WAY more relaxed than most other forums in this regard. If you can't follow the rules then move on.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006 5:00 PM
oh, excuse me. but to take a product, show the product, tell who makes it, and then give it's results is advertising. thats how this chat started. but that wasn't a problem. no problem, i will move on.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search