Supercharged Ecotec Owners: How hot are coolant tempertures? - Page 2 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Supercharged Ecotec Owners: How hot are coolant tempertures?
Monday, May 16, 2011 7:55 PM
he is running the GM flash. and since he showed up to a local car wash meet a while ago, he has been MIA i think we scared him off...or he realized that 195 isnt hot...lol

Wednesday, May 25, 2011 3:19 PM
Scared off I would say, lol, j/k.

First things first; I adjusted the coolant mixture to 30% Dex-Cool, 69% Distilled Water, and 2% RedLine Water Wetter and it made a big difference.
Second thing; I re-installed my transmission cooler (it's an automatic) and I noticed a better control of both engine coolant and transmission oil temperatures.

Overall these two things made my temps drop and stay under control, but it still has it's moodswings (over the middle in 70 degree nights, nice and cool under the middle during the day at 90+ degrees) and under racing conditions the car does take a while to cool off with the fan on. So I decided to replace the old 180k mile original radiator with a 2 row, 1/4" thicker one I found. I'll let you know what happens.
Wednesday, May 25, 2011 4:55 PM
so your running 101% of a mixture you probably shouldnt be. get the pre mixed stuff compatible for all systems.thats what i run. or get dexcool and mix 50/50 with distilled water. . and you never mentioned before that you took the tranny cooler off.

once again, i think you are looking way way way way way to far into it.

Thursday, May 26, 2011 5:15 AM
Agreed on the way too far, there is always being too overly paranoid.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search