bosch pump style pump wiring for coolant - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
bosch pump style pump wiring for coolant
Saturday, June 04, 2011 8:46 AM
Couldn't find anything about wiring up a coolant pump for my s.c setup. Have the cobalt bosch pump. Was wondering how you guys wired yours up.

"It's called reading! Top to bottom, left to right... a group of words together is called a sentence. Take Tylenol for any headaches... Midol for any cramps."

Re: bosch pump style pump wiring for coolant
Sunday, June 05, 2011 1:41 AM
the harness is like 18 bucks on line.

here ya go.

Sunday, June 05, 2011 9:19 AM
Ok but where did y'all wire the pump into?

"It's called reading! Top to bottom, left to right... a group of words together is called a sentence. Take Tylenol for any headaches... Midol for any cramps."
Sunday, June 05, 2011 9:30 AM
As far as the harness, just go to the junkyard and clip an EV1 injector harness from an LS1 motor, or I think cobras and lightnings used them as well. It's the same connector as the pump. I think most people wire it into the pink wire that runs into the fuse box that is for the fuel pump. Just wire it with a relay, that way in off chance there is a short/surge in the wire, it won't kick your fuel pump.

There is also a pre fabbed harness, I think from ZZP, that is plug and play. It's like $130 or something, and includes a controller on it. It'll run the pump at like 15% when you are at idle or light load, and as soon as you hit 50% throttle, it ramp the pump up to maximum. It also continues to run the pump for about a minute after you turn off the car to aid cool down.

Sunday, June 05, 2011 12:40 PM
Hmm cool thanks for the info

Sunday, June 05, 2011 3:45 PM
As for the pigtail a injector plug from as 95-98 LD9 will work.

FU Tuning

Sunday, June 05, 2011 4:03 PM
EVILution (KGM Godfather) wrote: I think most people wire it into the pink wire that runs into the fuse box that is for the fuel pump. Just wire it with a relay, that way in off chance there is a short/surge in the wire, it won't kick your fuel pump.

This is how i did mine!!!

Sunday, June 05, 2011 5:47 PM
Relay or fuse?

Sunday, June 05, 2011 5:48 PM
relay!

Sunday, June 05, 2011 10:13 PM
Compression Ignition Whore wrote:Relay or fuse?

Relay.
A fuse will allow "x" amount of current to continually pass through, where as a relay can use less current to power something requiring more...in this case it can draw less current off the fuel pump wire (as to not strain it and risk blowing that fuse/relay circuit) but still supply enough current to power to the IC pump.

I tapped the pink wire right where it comes out the bottom of the fuse box, ran it in the loom with the rest of the wires for about 8-9", then split it off and ran a separate loom along the head under the power steering pump and to the IC pump. It's totally hidden from sight, but easy to access if need be.

Eventually, I might upgrade to the harness ZZP sells, once I can convince myself it's justifiable to pay that much for a harness, lol

Sunday, June 05, 2011 11:13 PM
someone post a link to this zzp harness...i cannot find it.

Monday, June 06, 2011 11:15 AM
My bad, reading defeated me... the zzp harness is for 97-03 grand prix, guess I was on the wrong section of zzp's site and didn't realize it.
I'm curious though about adapting it to our application. I need to find a wiring diagram for a grand prix tps system and see where the wrong goes and if the sensor info is relayed similar to ours. Could just be a matter or some repinning/splicing...

Wednesday, June 08, 2011 6:05 AM
^ very interested in that, love the idea of the pump running in ninja mode until its really needed.

Wednesday, June 08, 2011 1:30 PM
Scorpio1 bishes... wrote:^ very interested in that, love the idea of the pump running in ninja mode until its really needed.

Zzp harness
Here's the link to the pump harness. I just grabbed a shop manual for the grand prix so I have the wiring diagrams for their tps...I think I have an extra J-body tps pigtail around here so I can see how things will match up, and once I have the extra cash I'll pick up the zzp harness and see what I can do. I'll look into it once I upgrade my h/e and pick up a dual pass and meth...gotta prioritize lol

Wednesday, June 08, 2011 3:29 PM
Already have those

Friday, June 10, 2011 5:45 AM
Tinkles- Cool man, let us know what you find out.

Evofire- Thanks for the link on the harness Chris, been looking for one, not sure if I'm getting one with the pump I ordered, so that might come in handy.

Saturday, June 11, 2011 7:09 PM
Scorpio1 bishes... wrote:Tinkles- Cool man, let us know what you find out.

Gotcha

What am i finding out???????

its an old concept. time for something new to take the reigns. - Z yaaaa

Sunday, June 12, 2011 8:31 PM
I am almost certain that the TPS will be a direct copy affair with maybe having to pick a different color wire. Its a GM tps, at most its the same sensor in a different casing with different color wires.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Sunday, June 12, 2011 10:28 PM
Leafy wrote:I am almost certain that the TPS will be a direct copy affair with maybe having to pick a different color wire. Its a GM tps, at most its the same sensor in a different casing with different color wires.

So far, this looks to he the case. I looked over the diagrams for the grand prix wiring, and I think it's going to be a matter of pulling the wires and repinning in a different order in the J's connector. I may be picking up the zzp harness sooner than i thought as I like the idea of this.

Monday, June 13, 2011 4:56 AM
What I was referring to as "what you find out", was about the re-pinning and in general what you think once you do the pump controller mod.

Monday, June 13, 2011 2:54 PM
EVILution (KGM Godfather) wrote:My bad, reading defeated me... the zzp harness is for 97-03 grand prix, guess I was on the wrong section of zzp's site and didn't realize it.
I'm curious though about adapting it to our application. I need to find a wiring diagram for a grand prix tps system and see where the wrong goes and if the sensor info is relayed similar to ours. Could just be a matter or some repinning/splicing...

ZZP says the electronics microprocessing part of the controller will work the same with ANY TPS operated car. might have to repin it if the plug style is different.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search