Tuned ecu - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Tuned ecu
Thursday, June 16, 2011 1:59 PM
Hey does anyone know how to tell if the computer is tuned for a sc. I bought one a while ago and it got accidentlly placed with some other ecu spares I have. Id like to figure it out since im almost done the install. Any help will be great thanks.

Re: Tuned ecu
Thursday, June 16, 2011 3:51 PM
plug it the wiring harness and try and read it with hp tuners. If it actually reads the pcm it does not have the GM reflash.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Thursday, June 16, 2011 4:22 PM
or just trial and error. the car will idle with the blower setup on with the stock ECU, just like crap and you will see black smoke from your exhaust.

Thursday, June 16, 2011 5:20 PM
You mean this ECU was tuned by a person, not a GM reflash correct?

Regardless need to look at it with HPT.

FU Tuning

Thursday, June 16, 2011 7:52 PM
it has the gm flash on it for the sc. The smoke n idle is good tip ill have to keep a eye on it. Hmm ok i know some people around me with hp.

Thursday, June 16, 2011 10:26 PM
Label your sh!t Wayne, lol

Friday, June 17, 2011 1:50 PM
i know matt i should i had it in the shipping box for the longest time but box got messed up so i put it in the cabinet but forgot about it when i put the extras in there lol. Opps i hope i can figure out soon need to do some test driveing soon.

Monday, June 20, 2011 4:34 AM
I'm confused...why would you want the GM reflash in your car? Don't you like your car anymore??

Besides, you DO know where to get a meatcake tune!

Tuesday, June 21, 2011 6:05 AM
Crap flash blows!!!! we all know how rich my car runs lol, jus keep tryin your 10 ecu till the car runs right lolz

z28guy(KGM BEOTCH)
Tuesday, June 21, 2011 8:05 PM
I'm honestly glad I didn't even consider the crapflash. 3 hours of tuning with Ryan and my car pulls like a beast, and we're still running a little conservative right now, there's alot of timing to put back in and some power to unleash

Tuesday, June 21, 2011 9:38 PM
The Meatcake tune.... amazing @!#$, he is definitely a badass tuner... dude is a genius and should be doing it full time

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Wednesday, June 22, 2011 3:56 AM
Haha thanks guys! Wayne, i would think if you plug the GM reflashed PCM into a stock car it would run like complete sh!t between having the wrong injectors and map sensor. Beyond that, as mentioned, HPT would tell you instantly - the eco gm reflash cannot be read...

Wednesday, June 22, 2011 4:23 AM
With my tmap and injectors installed with the stock ecu the car wont even start. It does start with the reflash.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search