can anyone post pics of their fmu and info? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
can anyone post pics of their fmu and info?
Wednesday, July 13, 2011 6:10 PM
im looking into running an fmu when i install my turbo and im just wondering if anyone has pics. also what injectors, pump, and regulator you are running with it? ive been searching and dont understand what people are running for aftermarket regulators that work on the factory fuel rail? i also noticed there is diff. fmu specs and im not sure which to run? im going to run 5-6 lbs of boost so should i use the 12:1? any help would be great on my 1st turbo install. thanks guys!

Re: can anyone post pics of their fmu and info?
Wednesday, July 13, 2011 6:26 PM
Im running a begi fmu. I believe its 1:1. Also using a racetronix fuel pump. Only way to go imo.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011 6:41 PM
are you using stock fuel rail? and what injectors? also when u use an fmu do u still use a fuel pressure regulator or do u bypass it/ delete it? thanks for the pics btw
Wednesday, July 13, 2011 6:52 PM
Its the stock fuel rail, I can't remember the injectors off the top of my head. the begi is a regulator. You have to remove the stock one

Wednesday, July 13, 2011 7:12 PM
when u remove the stock one do u just block it off? does anyone sell a blockoff?, or can u maybe just drill out or gut the stock one and put it back on? sorry for all the questions im just trying to run a low boost setup on the bare minimum. do u think it would be bad to get my turbo on and run really low boost (2 psi or so) and just take it easy on the car until i can get the fuel system set up? i know its not great but do think it will lean out at 2 psi when boosting? i figured since they run rich from the factory at WOT it would be able to compensate for that low of boost but maybe not idk
Wednesday, July 13, 2011 7:19 PM
What car/engine do you have? Buy everything you need before you drive it. Have you read the stickies in the boost forum? They are helpful. Also what is your plan for a setup?

Wednesday, July 13, 2011 8:01 PM
1997 z24 ld9 auto. ive got a t3/t4 already and i need the car to drive nearly every day. wellll im considering intalling an fmu, 255lph fuel pump, deleting the fpr (was going to get an adjustable but guess i dont need one lol), larger injectors, and tuning it down to factory fuel pressure so i could still drive it and have my fuel system ready to go. then i was going to set up my oil feed and return and block them off so again i can continue to drive it, then install my boost gauge and wideband, then turbo, wastegate, bov, manifold, and readjust fuel specs to get my proper a/f ratio while boosting, and have the exhuast side routed. i dont plan on running an intercooler for a little while as im trying to keep this as simple as possible with pretty low boost to begin with until i get things figured out
Wednesday, July 13, 2011 8:03 PM
that way ive got everything already on so when i go to put the turbo on its just a matter of bolting it on, making a few adjustments, and making sure everything is correct. im afraid that if i try to do it all at once i will be overwhelmed, make mistakes, and be out a car lol
Thursday, July 14, 2011 12:14 AM
Well im not an expert especially for the ld9. The begi unit I have is a fuel pressure regulator. You set it for idle then yiu set it for boost. There is a vacuum line that goes to it so when it sees boost it will adjust accordingly. Maybe an ld9 will chime in with more specifics for you. All I've done is the eco. I'm sure the right search can yield you some good answers too. Take time and read everything.

Thursday, July 14, 2011 2:04 PM
I dont see any tuning in that solution. If your Bengi is 1:1 its not a FMU just a standard regulator. I just put an afpr in my car, made my tuning much easier (mostly because my stock regulator was on crack).

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Thursday, July 14, 2011 2:26 PM
I didn't mean to type fmu, was on my phone...but yes tunning is needed

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search