Newb to boost - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Newb to boost
Saturday, July 23, 2011 11:39 AM
so i have started to get interested in the boost aspect of cars now and have been reading faq's and some stickies, and from what i gather most turbos will work with our cars but will need to be custom fabricated as far as tubing and such. Now with that said im still weary on dishing out a big amount of money on something with out confirming the equipment with the people who would know a lot more about it then myself, in the link posted is a turbo someone locally is selling, now i know that most of the tubing will most likely not work in my car but i did want to make 100% sure that if I bought it I would not have an issue with using the turbo itself, thanks for the help and sorry for newb question on the matter, i will continue reading old posts, stickies, and faq's thanks.

http://www.usedpei.com/classified-ad/Honda-Add-50-HP-to-your-Civic-Cavalier-Sunfire-Cobalt-Neon---Turbo-Kit_14978155

Re: Newb to boost
Saturday, July 23, 2011 12:05 PM
That is a Chinese turbo, you typically want to stay away from them seeing that they are hit or miss. Unless you are on a super tight budget, and even then, you can still get a good brand name turbo used for the same price. Try looking for Garrett, Precision, Turbonetics, Borg Warner - to name a few.
Re: Newb to boost
Saturday, July 23, 2011 12:07 PM
Thanks man. That's why I ask her before making bigger purchases.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search