Buying a supercharger! - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Buying a supercharger!
Wednesday, July 27, 2011 4:35 PM
Hey guys as tittle states I am buying a supercharger ( m62) for my 2005 sunfire.

The person I am buying it from has the gm 5 speed flash for it.

An mps hub a three inch pulley as well the stage one an two beslts as part of the kit he is selling me.

Also an up graded h/e for the mustang cobera lines pumps an all

My question being is this a safe set up to run on my stock engine. Also what size injects would I need ... Do I need a different feul rail

Also the part on the engine that needs to
Be saved does anyone have a good picture of that I can take a look at.

What else do
I need tO dO to make it fit my engine

The guy wants 1200 for the kit is that alright ?

Thanks guys

Re: Buying a supercharger!
Wednesday, July 27, 2011 4:54 PM
Is it the cavy kit or just parts off an lsj? I got the blower, intake mani, injectors and all the brackets for $400 so compare that price to what your getting. You'll need the thottle body adapter, idler pulley, tensioner, hoses, map sensor and a bunch of bolts. Search for l61 to m62 parts list on here and you can find all the parts you need. They should really sticky that thread. The hardest part will be the throttle body to m62 blower adapter. There is a company that will be making them for us soon.
Wednesday, July 27, 2011 5:10 PM
Hey it's the complete kit besides the new gaskets
Wednesday, July 27, 2011 5:17 PM
Your going to need the kit injectors for that reflash (Part #12593904). I believe you can pick some up from summitracing. 3.0 pulley is a little too small for the gm reflash and injectors. You will run lean in the upper rpm's. You can probably get away with a 3.1 pulley on the reflash as I have and many others. I would find out if your getting the GMPP kit or if this set up came off a cobalt ss first. Sounds like the kit but you never know.

Save your money. It might be worth something someday.

Wednesday, July 27, 2011 5:47 PM
hey thanks guya. though what diffrence would it make if it was the gmpp kit?
Wednesday, July 27, 2011 6:06 PM
buying zacs blower?

Wednesday, July 27, 2011 6:13 PM
Hey yes I was thinking about it not to sure though.
Wednesday, July 27, 2011 7:23 PM
he is a good guy. bought a brand new ported head off him few weeks ago. going back prob tomorrow for some more stuff. buy the m62 man, you'll love it. i know i do. only down side is its addicting. you'll always want more.

Wednesday, July 27, 2011 7:38 PM
Hey Alex.

Your right about Zac Deffiant good guy, sounds like he knows his stuff to.

I am really just not sure about running the stage 2 belt an a 3 inch pulley On a stock tune.
Thursday, July 28, 2011 1:22 AM
If youre set on running the 3" pulley, scrap the GM reflash and get someone to Hp Tune you. You're going to lean out big time and create alot of knock on a 3.0/GM reflash. Honestly i wouldn't go much smaller at all than the stock pulley on the reflash. People obviously run 3.1" w/ reflash frequently and I'm sure it works ok...but you're certainly not getting as much gain as possible, and it seems the reflash doesn't really "recognize" knock to well, so if you start to lean out somewhere in the powerband and start knocking you're driving a time bomb...we don't call it the GM crapflash for nothing lol.

I'm running a stage 2 setup w/ 3.1" pulley, 60# injectors (which I have a ton I headroom to put back in more timing, I think we're at 50% IDC at redline), and HP Tuners, and I couldn't be happier. The car is a torquey little beast, no knock, and tons of fun to drive.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search