Packing peanuts + blower = fail - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Packing peanuts + blower = fail
Tuesday, July 26, 2011 8:36 PM
So my used mp62 charger just came it the mail today. I wasn't taped off and it now has a packing peanut lodged in the blades. Is it easy to take the blades out? Or should I just leave it in there and let the blower crush it?

Re: Packing peanuts + blower = fail
Wednesday, July 27, 2011 5:59 AM
is it possible to somehow rotate the pulley by hand?

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Wednesday, July 27, 2011 6:34 AM
I did rotate it by hand it was kind of sticking when I turned it one way. It seems to be turning fine now by hand. I'm just worried about the pieces of styrofoam being sucked up into my engine. If it does get sucked up will it just burn up no problem?
Wednesday, July 27, 2011 7:16 AM
dont risk it. shake the @!#$ out of the charger and try and get the foam out of it. then contact the seller and request partial refund. i bought a motorcycle fuel tank on ebay and the seller brought the tank to the ups store and they packed it without covering the fuel fill hole and filled the box with peanut foam. by the time i got it , the tank was 1/2 full of foam. i couldnt get it all out. i was given a partial refund.

the engine may burn the foam but its not worth the risk, it could damage the supercharger bladedsor get stuck in a valve runner or worse.
Wednesday, July 27, 2011 11:59 AM
take some compressed ait to either the inlet or the outlet and blow that ish out....not that hard of a solution..

Wednesday, July 27, 2011 1:59 PM
haha that is what i was thinking but I think its like stuck underneath the blades. I'll try that tonight.
Friday, July 29, 2011 8:56 AM
It can't be stuck under the blades, they have zero clearence between the case and each other. If you can get More than 1 full rotation then its not possible for there be any peanuts in it.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Friday, July 29, 2011 9:05 AM
EvoFire wrote:take some compressed ait to either the inlet or the outlet and blow that ish out....not that hard of a solution..

This is what first came to mind to me.

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Performance Parts For Cavalier, Sunfire, Cobalts and More!!!
Friday, July 29, 2011 9:45 AM
I ended up taking off the snout and got all the pieces out. Thanks for the help guys.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search