T3T4 Turbo - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
T3T4 Turbo
Monday, July 25, 2011 10:34 PM
Hi so, i was wondering if i would be able to run a t3t4 turbo in my 04 cavalier, it is a manual. i was also wondering if you would have to change any internals or buy a new manifold. there is an intake on it already. I have talked to a few mechanics and they said i should be fine running a turbo on a stock motor if i run a low boost. If you could help me out Comment please or message me with details!! Thanks!

Re: T3T4 Turbo
Monday, July 25, 2011 11:49 PM
Read this link.

its an old concept. time for something new to take the reigns. - Z yaaaa

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 3:39 AM
Well boost levels and power is relative to the turbo size, but generally low boost is ok on a healthy stock motor (although many factors can play into things, such as tune etc.). I think you just need to do a little searching around here and you'll probably find everything your looking for and then some.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 6:06 AM
if your asking if you need a new manifold and stating you already have an intake, you REALLY need to go to the sticky's

running rich? turn the boost up
Tuesday, July 26, 2011 8:43 AM
Also, try to say away from the $200-$300 Chinese made T3T4 turbos on ebay. Be prepared to spend a good chunk of money to do it right. Read the stickys like stated and take a look in the other forums for stickys, set a goal for how much money you can spend and how much power you want to make....

2000 Cavalier Z24 5spd - Intake, Dynomax muffler, Hawk Pads, Powerslot rotors, Sportlines/Koni reds, Neon Coil, MSD 8.5 Wires - **SOLD**
2014 Kia Forte Koup SX 6spd - 1.6L Turbo - My new car
2015 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD - Wifes Car

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 8:54 AM
Alright well thanks guy! Im only 16 and i got a good paying job so im dropping about 3-5 Grand on my car. so i just wanted to know a Good way yo get more Hp and Make it run faster and harder!!!
Tuesday, July 26, 2011 1:57 PM
Well depends what your goals are...a s/c setup can make decent power but if you were looking for bigger numbers like 300+whp than a turbo setup would be the way to go.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 7:21 PM
Im not looking for something to kill myself, lol im just sick of getting beat by @!#$ty as Hondas...I just need more power and torque!
Wednesday, July 27, 2011 1:18 AM
well without having a specific goal its hard to tell you what is better. There are guys running 14's with a few simple bolt-ons.

Monday, August 01, 2011 2:12 PM
Not trying to bust your balls..but you have an 04 Cavalier thats worth about $2-5k depending on the condition ($5 if its perfect with low miles)...and you wanna drop up to $5k on top of that?
Might as well save up the $4k into a savings, only invest $1k for a low mileage Saab setup to learn the basics, and then you'll have money to spend later on for things you know you want through trial and error.
As stated, knowing what you want is almost impossible at your age, since some people cant even handle the power they've got nearly stock.. let alone a 13psi+ build on a FWD light-weight car. You'll kill yourself at 16 lol..

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search