M62 to L61 throttle body adapters NOW AVAILABLE! - Page 2 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: M62 to L61 throttle body adapters NOW AVAILABLE!
Tuesday, February 28, 2012 7:57 PM
yeah, and I can imagine a company getting a lot of people trying to low ball them on items...and Im by no means cheap..I mean I paid for a lot of stuff already to this point. But the point is i simply asked in a friendly, professional way if there were any discounts right now since they have them on random items throughout the year (large items, that have nothing to do with our cars).
it was the response that was simply put as to say 'f*ck off, we have no discounts'. I mean how often does a customer actually take the time to write a company and try to speak to someone about a product? Customer service goes a long way. Look at Nate with smoothflow pulley's, he didnt even hesitate to say he'd match another sites price on the hub and went down more than 10 percent...Ill be buying from Smoothflow again someday when i upgrade, and I wont ask for a discount because I know he actually means well. Just an impression I got.

oh well..we'll see if i get one from them or not..kinda need it so we'll see!

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 5:41 AM
Just buy it, no-one offers it anywhere else, unless you get it used... or an LS1 adapter from somewhere... remember, the internet has no context or emotion in typed letters, one mans, dick repsonse, "there are no discounts on that item", is another's, matter of fact, "there are no discounts on this item".

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 5:45 AM
IMO its also the best price I've seen on the adapter so far, the potential GP run was way higher, and buying a whole kit for just the adapter is pricey....

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 6:24 AM
Katech was who supplied them to GM, and who I bought mine from for the group Purchases. Jason Sneed some how convinced them to make them and sell them on their website. Even in my group purchases I couldn't get them for the price they are selling them for on their site.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, February 29, 2012 6:24 AM

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Wednesday, February 29, 2012 7:37 PM
have people triend the N* TB i think they might be easier to mod a bracket and the same size as the LS1 TB the GTP guys use either or but most use the N*. have to look but the m62 4 bolt looks close to the series 3 sc bolt pattern

JBO since July 30, 2001
Thursday, March 01, 2012 12:28 AM
yeah i went ahead and got it. $140 shipped.
I was going to 2nd day air it, but he said they dont deliver weekends, so it wouldnt arrive until Monday anyways. So it should be here by mid next week. As long as its here by next weekend before the install im happy!
Whats funny is, i called Katech and the lady transferred me to the sales team so i could ask about shipping. It was Jason that answered lol...

Thursday, March 01, 2012 3:43 AM
Jason is the only person I ever talked to at Katech. His red corvette is the one in their magazine as well.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Thursday, March 01, 2012 7:18 AM
is he a member on here or do they not even have a vendor account here? i dont remember ever really seeing a Katech GP or advertisement on here

Thursday, March 01, 2012 7:55 AM
Jason is not a member, vendor, and have never be associated with JBO. Katech also has never been a vendor or anything on here. I ran two Group Purchases for M62 to L61 adapters over the years before Katech decided to start offering them to the general public on their website.

I was the only way to get them to the OEM spec, before Katech started to offer them.

GM discontinued the part years ago.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Thursday, March 01, 2012 8:58 AM
yeap, they use to not beable to sell them to the public because of a contract with gm, for the supercharger kit.
but once there contract was done, it wasnt renewed, so i called and got the info on making them and then cntacted md enforcer and it rolled out from there.

and now you can buy them from katech exclusively
Thursday, March 01, 2012 9:39 AM
yeah i figure its a tiny market for them as they cater to more V8 applications and what not. I just felt the reaction wasnt very customer service friendly.

but the part hopefully ships quickly and he was nice when I talked to him on the phone, or at least nicer than he came across in the email. the woman that answered was friendly and shot me over to Jason right away.

good service goes a long way....and so can bad service

but im content...part paid for and shipped..should be here mid next week and im stoked to have purchased the last expensive item for my install!

Saturday, March 03, 2012 11:47 AM
Yeah I am Jason Sneed BTW. I don't know how I convinced them. They were really cool. I think its a really good price for the quality and the fact its a custom piece. Jason Harding over there is awesome.
Tuesday, March 06, 2012 10:37 PM
Just so you guys can see it, its a nice little piece of equipment. Good quality, seems very well built!

This is what you get for $125+shipping off their site:

Sunday, March 25, 2012 8:52 PM
noob question but what is the pipe sticking out of it for?

PSN ID: Phatchance249

Monday, March 26, 2012 2:42 PM
Its for a vac line that the only the auto cavy needs.
Saturday, March 31, 2012 2:02 PM
I also have a question about the adapter plate, There is a sensor hold on the bottom of the adapter. What sensor is suppose to go in here? I will be starting my build really soon and cant see to find out what goes here via the web and the installation manual.
Saturday, March 31, 2012 2:19 PM
It is for the black plastic nipple that you have to remove off the L61 intake manifold.

Error: Sig not found.

Sunday, April 01, 2012 8:32 PM
few things i will warn you about though regarding the adapter design...
my application: 04 Cavalier, 5spd

the gasket groove does not even closely resembler the L61 throttle body gasket despite it being designed exactly for (?), in shape or size (the tb one is way thicker, wouldnt fit in that little narrow groove). So im baffled as to what its for.
but i just bolted it down and havent seem to have had any issues as of yet.

Also, you get NO hardware to hook it up. I bought a bunch of spairs from Fastenal for about $4, i think 17 total. You only need 4.
Fastenal part number: 1139589
M6 1.0 x 30mm (4)

also, when bolting down the throttle body onto the adapter, do NOT over tighten. While the quality seems to be there and the fitment is good, the soft metal WILL strip out if you try to over tighten. I already have one tb bolt that wont stay tight and i didnt put that much pressure on it. Im going to rethread the adapter and hope that helps.

Monday, April 02, 2012 4:02 AM
Why not buy the correct one designed for the Adapter that comes with the supercharger kit? If you have a manual the P/N should be in there.

The adapter is T6-6061 aluminum....just like every one that GM ever sold.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Monday, April 02, 2012 7:28 PM
because no one mentions the correct ones when everyone is talking about supercharging their L61's....all you hear about is the custom adapter or the Katech, who makes a supposedly 'GM replacement' component. Youd think when buying it they would mention needing the gasket or certain hardware.

very few ppl who supercharge use the supercharger kit from GM...they piece it together. if someone had a better suggestion, it should be in the posts when people ask about parts. if it is and i missed it for the few months i was buying parts...oops.

Tuesday, April 03, 2012 3:43 AM
"They "supposedly" were the supplier for GM." They WERE the supplier for GM. They make / made the adapters off the old GM prints. They are supplying exactly what they supplied to GM. Plus the brass tube. When I purchased them I had to have the tubes made up separately.

The PDF of the install manual has been circulating on here for years now. I know your are / were piecing together your kit, but the manual has been around for a long time. It may even still be on http://gmtunersource.com. Also, if you search my old post here and on ecotec forum the part number for the gasket should still be in some old posts.

PRND321 Till I DIE

Tuesday, April 03, 2012 9:14 AM
lol...yes, sell a $125 adapter but dont include proprietary hardware or proprietary gaskets that are not even offered when you buy the adapter or mention that you need them. Not everyone has a manual for all the kits GM puts together. So while its good information, Ive already purchased everything I need and but may look into getting the gasket since its prob nice to have though not necessary.

"The adapter is T6-6061 aluminum....just like every one that GM ever sold"...then I am shocked there are not more stripping out the threads..i did it with almost NO effort or over torquing. It literally just kept spinning and now its smoothed out.

Tuesday, April 03, 2012 10:10 AM
No need for a gasket. Just use some RTV gasket maker. Works just fine.
Monday, April 09, 2012 10:44 PM
so if you have a standard....do i have it hooked up wrong if i used that nozzle and went to the solenoid thing above the power steering unit? should i instead put that L61 plug in the hole, then run the vacuum tube from THAT to the solenoid above the power steering pump, then leave the nozzle open to atmosphere (or plug it?)

im having major idle issues and its that big old hole sucking in unfiltered air.

im guessing that old plastic nozzle from the L61 IM just screws into it somehow? ill have to look and see if theres a way to thread it on...

Monday, April 09, 2012 11:37 PM
nm got it!

Although the stock L61 screw that holds on that nozzle doesnt fit right into the adapter, i got it to fit enough to hold it in. plugged the metal nozzle sticking out and its idling much better now! this should help me not over heat in traffic with it a couple hundred RPMs higher!

thanx for the tips on the configuration Tinkles!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search