The Ultimate M62 Guide - Page 3 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: The Ultimate M62 Guide
Sunday, November 13, 2011 3:13 AM
Fernando Sierra wrote:

i dont have the stock pump.. i have a 255lph
i should get the 60's then

aire/fuel is constant 11ish


could be the heat, but i certainly think i can get a better tune...

it is difficult to find a tuner experienced in j-bodys over here at P.R.

pretty sure mine's the only one supercharged over here!

is it possible to get a tune sent via email or something ? (pardon me... i dont know s#!t about tuning... )
Tuning our cars remotely is dangerous...no other way to say it. What is your spark advance like in boost?




Re: The Ultimate M62 Guide
Sunday, November 13, 2011 10:06 AM
thanks did not see that posting.


03 Chevy Cavalier $1500.00
Turbo T3/4 $100.00
Inter-cooler $40.00
Kicking your $10,000 cars ass $ priceless $
Re: The Ultimate M62 Guide
Monday, November 14, 2011 9:15 PM
I dont know the spark advance :\



Re: The Ultimate M62 Guide
Saturday, November 19, 2011 8:41 AM
Why is this not a sticky yet?
thanks for the write up, been looking for all this info in one post for a while



Re: The Ultimate M62 Guide
Monday, November 28, 2011 1:41 PM
This should be a sticky, jus used it to route my hoses for my dualpass , thanks Matt


z28guy(KGM BEOTCH)
Re: The Ultimate M62 Guide
Sunday, February 19, 2012 10:41 AM
Good info in this thread

Also used it to route my dual pass



Re: The Ultimate M62 Guide
Thursday, March 22, 2012 6:25 PM
hey Guys,

I have a question about the Map, IAT and, T-Map sensors. I will be installing my supercharger within the next month or so. For the time being i am planning on getting a second ECU and running the GM reflash but in doing my research i have two questions.

1) My car has no power options, no cruise control, or abs, do i need to get a ecu that is programmed for those options? or can i just pick up any ecu from a 03 sunfire?

2) in the write-up you said that if you are running the gm reflash you MUST run the T-Map sensor however in the installation guide it doesn't seem to be, in the guide it looks like they are using the MAP and IAT sensors. so i'm unsure about which is correct. Also on the intake manifold that i purchased for the install has a Bosch sensor on it (4pin - 0261230042) which from doing my research appears to be a T-Map. Should i just use this sensor and use the wiring diagram provided.

thanks in advance guys.
Re: The Ultimate M62 Guide
Thursday, March 22, 2012 7:15 PM
I'd recomend getting an ecu that has the same trans that your car has, otherwise abs and whatnot can turned off via hpt. Some people have weird issues with running auto ecu on a manual sometimes.

If your going to be on the reflash I'd wire up the Tmap and when you tune via hpt you can tune the car with it installed. I had mine done that way.




Re: The Ultimate M62 Guide
Thursday, March 22, 2012 7:23 PM
JUCNBST wrote:

I'd recomend getting an ecu that has the same trans that your car has, otherwise abs and whatnot can turned off via hpt. Some people have weird issues with running auto ecu on a manual sometimes.

If your going to be on the reflash I'd wire up the Tmap and when you tune via hpt you can tune the car with it installed. I had mine done that way.


You can not turn ABS off with HPT.




FU Tuning



Re: The Ultimate M62 Guide
Thursday, March 22, 2012 10:01 PM
Jamie Paolino wrote:

hey Guys,

I have a question about the Map, IAT and, T-Map sensors. I will be installing my supercharger within the next month or so. For the time being i am planning on getting a second ECU and running the GM reflash but in doing my research i have two questions.

1) My car has no power options, no cruise control, or abs, do i need to get a ecu that is programmed for those options? or can i just pick up any ecu from a 03 sunfire?

2) in the write-up you said that if you are running the gm reflash you MUST run the T-Map sensor however in the installation guide it doesn't seem to be, in the guide it looks like they are using the MAP and IAT sensors. so i'm unsure about which is correct. Also on the intake manifold that i purchased for the install has a Bosch sensor on it (4pin - 0261230042) which from doing my research appears to be a T-Map. Should i just use this sensor and use the wiring diagram provided.

thanks in advance guys.


1) things like power options, cruise, etc are controlled by the BCM, not the ECU, so it'll be fine regarding those. As far as ABS, I'm not really sure how the ECU utilizes the wheel sensors and such, so I'm not sure the effect. I'll be finding out shortly, as I'm going to be running an LD9 harness that had ABS in a car with no ABS. My guess is you will get a dummy light since the ECU won't be recording info from those sensors, but i don't think it'll present an issue.

2) To my understanding, you need the t-map for the reflash. The reflash is a "faked" 2.5 bar system, and can't be done on the stock MAP sensor. What you see in the install instructions is the t-map gets spliced into the harness where the MAP and IAT were...in other words, you cut the MAP and IAT pig tails off the harness, and both sets of wires get branched into the t-map harness.
If you're tuning with HPT or the like, you can use the stock MAP and IAT, or T-map. Either will work.






Re: The Ultimate M62 Guide
Thursday, March 22, 2012 10:48 PM
Addicted to meth wrote:

JUCNBST wrote:

I'd recomend getting an ecu that has the same trans that your car has, otherwise abs and whatnot can turned off via hpt. Some people have weird issues with running auto ecu on a manual sometimes.

If your going to be on the reflash I'd wire up the Tmap and when you tune via hpt you can tune the car with it installed. I had mine done that way.


You can not turn ABS off with HPT.



I ment the abs light, I was posting from work via cell on the DL.......







Re: The Ultimate M62 Guide
Friday, March 23, 2012 4:30 AM
JUCNBST wrote:

I ment the abs light, I was posting from work via cell on the DL.......


I would go ahead and say that's not what responsible employees should be doing...


...but I was doing the same, haha






Re: The Ultimate M62 Guide
Friday, March 23, 2012 12:08 PM
Thanks guys,

now i just need to get the T-Map harness/Connector, ECU and a few other odds and ends. I'll let you all know how i make out and my results.
Re: The Ultimate M62 Guide
Thursday, March 29, 2012 11:44 PM
Sorta off topic, but still related, there was a company that actually sold a manifold for the M62 to bolt to the LD9 engine, anyone happen to have a link? I know a few ppl were getting them custom made, but I swear i saw them online for a few hundred.
Re: The Ultimate M62 Guide
Friday, March 30, 2012 1:38 AM
Overkillengineering.com made one as well as vulcan...but vulcan isn't a good idea to buy from if you ever want to get your parts from what I've read. They kinda went downhill






Re: The Ultimate M62 Guide
Sunday, April 01, 2012 8:47 PM
JUCNBST wrote:

Overkillengineering.com made one as well as vulcan...but vulcan isn't a good idea to buy from if you ever want to get your parts from what I've read. They kinda went downhill


cant say i had the best experience with OEM either...from taking a month to get parts with no communication and poorly designed/cut parts that were even cracked upon delivery that i KNOW had to be observed before shippping out...but I guess we all have our experiences....

but onto the purpose of posting....FYI on the bolts for the IM to the head. If you buy Phenolic spacers (from anyone) make sure you measure and get custom shoulder bolts. The ones listed here will NOT work and are way too short to thread into the head.

I think i had to randomly collect a bunch of bolts laying around the shop to find some that fit. All of my Fastenal bolts were useless, so the $35 spent on bolts are just sitting in my garage. Btw Fastenal is great..they were super friendly and got all my parts (including L61 to Katech TB adapter bolts) very quickly.


04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Re: The Ultimate M62 Guide
Wednesday, April 04, 2012 12:51 AM
blu04DD wrote:

but onto the purpose of posting....FYI on the bolts for the IM to the head. If you buy Phenolic spacers (from anyone) make sure you measure and get custom shoulder bolts. The ones listed here will NOT work and are way too short to thread into the head.


Yea the bolts listed in this guide are specifically for just the mani to head. I think we discussed over on EF that if using a spacer, you would obviously need to add the thickness of the spacer into the length of shoulders...or like I pointed out, it may be wise to just drill and tap for m8 so you can use a regular stud or flanged bolt and thread in farther...shoulder bolts in general don't have much thread on them, and as you move the weight of the manifold farther from the head, it's probably putting more stress on the threaded portion of the bolts.






Re: The Ultimate M62 Guide
Saturday, June 23, 2012 1:39 PM
Just want to bring this back up to first say why is it not a sticky? And second amazing write up lots of good info and has come in extremely helpful and answered a few questions.
Re: The Ultimate M62 Guide
Monday, June 25, 2012 12:15 PM
Evil you're right...i didnt listen and that mistake caused my manifold to break off and bolts stuck in the head. 2 are still in there lol.
basically i didnt compensate the additional 4mm which is like 80% of the threading, so i had to use makeshift bolts laying around. big mistake.
this is what was causing my #2 cylinder misfire too, and eventually it just got worse. with the shoulder bolts from Fastenal, and some locktight (red), they are in pretty snug and are still holding well. i only have 5 in, the 2 end bolts are still in the manifold. misfire/CEL for it went away completely after replacing the bolts with proper fitment ones. however, i removed the manifold to head spacer to use them. and now im running a lot more rich at half/WOT than before....hmm...

the new shoulder bolts and part numbers are available if someone wants them WITHOUT the spacer. i would have to use the same custom bolts but +4mm or so for the ones with the OEM spacer. you only need them for the manifold to head, the blower bolts bolt right in even with the blower to mani spacer.


04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Re: The Ultimate M62 Guide
Monday, June 25, 2012 10:40 PM
See I wouldn't use shoulder bolts with a spacer, period. Just drill and tap for m8 right away. Shoulder bolts in general don't have much thread to them, and with a spacer your moving the manifold's weight further back on the bolt, putting more stress on the threaded portion. I looked high and low for shoulder bolts with longer threads and came up with nothing, which is why I ended up tapping the head for m8 and used bolts that were long enough to thread all the way in.






Re: The Ultimate M62 Guide
Saturday, July 07, 2012 11:03 PM
Just wanna put my two cents in here.

12593904 is the part number for the 36lb injectors that came supplied with the GMPP kits.

I have researched tons and tons about then, and had my buddy who worsk in the ECM tuning department in Dearborn get me info for them too. From what he said and what others have told me, they are designed and tested to work at 100% IDC.

argue with this all you want, its just what i have been told.

I have the 3.0 pulley, and a AFPR on the reflash, and have no cut out or clipping issues, with IDC's in the upper 90s.




Re: The Ultimate M62 Guide
Friday, March 29, 2013 8:24 PM
subd




Pete ***RIP John Lingenfelter***
2002 Flame Yellow Sunfire GT B+M shifted 5 Spd
Just looking for mods and prey

Re: The Ultimate M62 Guide
Friday, April 05, 2013 2:30 PM
ok guys got to ask some questions, and I just read this whole post and I ant figure it out, haha. ok the whole mapp sensor and IAT thing. the kit I bought off here appears to have out stock mapp in it. where u mounted the other IAT, if thats the case, where can I relocate this mapp sensor too?? im so confused with this part, and am actually stuck with it. also, the TB spacer isnt the usual one and now it has.no hose hookup for the.purge line. what do I do with that, just leave it to vent into the atmosphere?? any help please would be great. im having the car tuned by my buddies shop with hpt, so I know I can use the stock mapp and.iac, just dont know where to put things. hell pm me and ill shoot u my number and text u pics so u can understand better. im stuck at this point and have no ue where to go. thanks guys!!!!




Re: The Ultimate M62 Guide
Saturday, April 06, 2013 8:13 AM
Mike, I'm gonna PM you my number in case this doesn't clear up things, feel free to give me a text.

If you are using the stock MAP/IAT setup, you can locate the MAP wherever you want, it just needs a boost reference source. On my set up, since I was trying to hide wiring and such, I wire tired my MAP underneath part of my wiring harness, and ran a vac line to it. I take the barb that is on top of the manifold, and I split that 3 way; one line to the fuel press regulator, one line to the MAP sensor, and one line to the boost gauge.
For the IAT, I don't believe the stock IAT will work (it needs to be in the manifold somewhere), so that is why I used a threaded IAT sensor...ones from F-bodies, HO manifolds, and others use the same connection so it's plug and play to our wiring harness. I drilled and tapped the hole in the top left of the manifold where the TMAP is intended to go. Plus, I don't think a press in sensor like our stock one would stay in the manifold once it's pressurized.

As for the purge line on the blower's bypass valve, that just vent's to atmosphere (assuming you are 5 speed...I sort of remember on auto's it needs to run to the trans? Not sure). I think what people typically run off the tb adapter is the vac line to the EVAP solenoid, I am.






Re: The Ultimate M62 Guide
Saturday, April 06, 2013 9:13 AM
who can do the best non-gm tune on a completed GM installed kit? I installed the complete kit, added 3" pulley and HE, with dual pass intercooler and option 2 remote coolant tank, but still need to either GM reflash(yuk) or custom HP tuners or Vince reflash...any thoughts?



Pete ***RIP John Lingenfelter***
2002 Flame Yellow Sunfire GT B+M shifted 5 Spd
Just looking for mods and prey

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

 

Start New Topic Advanced Search