injector seats? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
injector seats?
Saturday, October 15, 2011 5:14 PM
i have a huge vacuum leak in my car on the number 1 cylinder and a small one on my number 4 cylinder. the cause if the plastic, seats i suppose there called. i was wondering if anyone had this similar problem with high boosted applications or if anyone else has had this problem. im running between 15-22 psi of boost depending on the week

running rich? turn the boost up

Re: injector seats?
Saturday, October 15, 2011 11:40 PM
Alot of us put spacers underneath the seats to bring them closer to the injector. Take a seat to the hardware store and grab some machine washers to match up and use as spacers.

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 7:58 PM
depends on what injectors you have... when i used to lsj and washers the injectors always leaked under boost... but when i switched to the deka injectors i cut material away from where the rail bolts to the head and used an old injector to push the plastic cups into to head so it sealed then put the injectors in the rail and stuck them in the cups and my leaks dissapeared...
Wednesday, November 02, 2011 11:02 AM
I have made aluminum injector seats to run these types of injectors that other people run washers under, I supply with orings and all, remove old plastics and install mine , sold a few sets to people on here and am using them myself, work great. Pm if interested.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search