m62 idIeling at 2k then starts surging (TMAP wiring/ Vaccum leak) - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
m62 idIeling at 2k then starts surging (TMAP wiring/ Vaccum leak)
Friday, October 28, 2011 11:37 AM
Got the m62 started finally. Now my car is idling at 2k for a while and then it starts surging from 1 to 2.5k after it is on for a while. It has random misfire codes. I'm pretty sure its a vaccum leak, but just double checking. If my TMAP wiring could have anything to do with it? I'm taking to GM on monday if I can't solve this over the weekend.

Re: m62 idIeling at 2k then starts surging (TMAP wiring/ Vaccum leak)
Friday, October 28, 2011 11:39 AM
TMAP could have a lot to do with it. double check the wiring and see what happenes. Also did u cut the manifold gasket for the PCV? that might make a different.

I am guessing that you are running the gm flash and all that so its wired to have the 2.5 tmap instaed of the IAT and MAP. I would def check your wiring again, and then make sure you cut the provision in the gasket for the PCV, and that you RTV'd it correctly.

Friday, October 28, 2011 11:51 AM
yeah i'm going to try pulling off the intake mani this weekend and clean it up and re-rtv it. It is really hard to keep in inplace without those studs sticking out of the engine. I used crimp connectors on the tmap wiring so i'm wondering if one could be shorting and cuasing the issue? I have a cobalt ss injector harness does the tmap just hookup to the end of that plug and play?
Friday, October 28, 2011 11:52 AM
I reusing my stock harness right now I wonder if I could swap it for the ss one?
Friday, October 28, 2011 11:54 AM
Mr Newb wrote: I have a cobalt ss injector harness does the tmap just hookup to the end of that plug and play?

NO NO NO NO NO NO.....why do u have an ss harness? the injectors are the same plug style as our stock ones? are you not running an IAT. I am willing to be the wiring to your TMAP is all wrong. did you rewire anything?

I would swap back to the stock injector/map sensor harness, and go from there. continue with the TMAP rewire from STOCK parts!

Friday, October 28, 2011 11:57 AM
Yeah I am using the stock parts now. I ment I have a ss one laying around. I used crimp connectors on my stock one.
Friday, October 28, 2011 11:57 AM
I followed the diagram on here.
Friday, October 28, 2011 4:25 PM
Ive heard of people having idle issues when the TMAP was only crimped. Solder and heat shrink them connections to rule that out.

Friday, October 28, 2011 9:16 PM
Yeah I hate crimping but I had to install in the parking lot in front of my condo. Guess I could go buy an extension cable. Should I be able to rule out the tmap by disconnecting it and seeing if my idle returns to normal?
Friday, October 28, 2011 9:31 PM
BTW my boost /vac guage is reading 17-20 hg when its "idling at 1500k is that normal?
Saturday, October 29, 2011 11:15 AM
Took the tmap off and it's doing the same thing

Saturday, October 29, 2011 1:16 PM
I def think its a leak now. I sprayed some carb spray on the top left corner of the manifold and the engine started sputtering. I guess I have to take it off, clean it up better and try to remount it. Fun stuff haha
Saturday, October 29, 2011 1:18 PM
it does have a couple scrapes in the part that goes on the head due to some bad packing buy the guy I bought it from.
Sunday, October 30, 2011 7:30 PM
pulled the mani off cleaned the mounting points up really good and put rtv around all the bolt holes and runner holes on the manifold and now it idles at 900 again! Waiting for it to cure overnight to give it the 1st test drive!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search