boosting an 01 2.2 cavalier - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
boosting an 01 2.2 cavalier
Sunday, November 06, 2011 4:36 PM
I recently took a ride with a friend who has a turbo daytona and after the ride i fell in love with boosting, i done a little bit of research and will be doing more but i was interested what everyone thinks about a turbo kit off of ebay, im not looking to build something major and it will be a daily driver. would one of these kits hold up. and what all needs to be upgraded, ecu and fuel wise....and how could i get it tuned, are there ways of tunning it your self cause im not awhere of any places that tune in my area. thanks for you input.

Re: boosting an 01 2.2 cavalier
Monday, November 07, 2011 9:10 AM
they will get the job done. ive used those kits many times and had no issues. its not really a bolt on kit. its more of a parts kit. you will still need to fabricate intercooler pipes. a good understanding of turbo systems is required. as far as tuning. hp tuners is your best bet. if you have never tuned before then leave it to a professional as many engines have been lost this way.
Monday, November 07, 2011 11:59 AM
Ebay kits are not the best option. I've heard good and bad stories about them. I know most advertise as a kit, but I would suggest looking at the turbo parts list here in the boosted stickies. A lot of them are not COMPLETE kits. It's obvious you're looking to not spend a lot of money, so I would also suggest checking out the forums Classifieds. You can usually pick up good quality parts there for less money. As far as various fuel upgrades, that kinda depends on how much power and how much boost you want to run.

2004 Cavalier Sedan
Monday, November 07, 2011 4:56 PM
Thanks alot guys, i was talking to my friend today and he said there is a place about 2hrs away that has a dyno and the do turbo stuff. im going to research them and see what they can do. i have a few uncles that have been around cars their whole lives and have been ase certified in many areas. so im sure they would be glad to help me get it all set up and then get it to springfeild to be tuned. as far as how much power and boost im wanting, not a whole lot cause it will be adaily driver and i cant be getting into toooooo much trouble.
Wednesday, November 09, 2011 6:01 AM
racer10 wrote:as far as how much power and boost im wanting, not a whole lot cause it will be adaily driver and i cant be getting into toooooo much trouble.

FYI: boost is addictive and no matter how much boost you have it will never be enough. oh ya! boost will get you in trouble. i guarantee it!
Wednesday, November 09, 2011 7:11 AM
JOE L wrote: FYI: boost is addictive and no matter how much boost you have it will never be enough. oh ya! boost will get you in trouble. i guarantee it!
QFT!

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search